• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicmj1

i1ekJtm0BaqZg.gif

This Emi love disgusts me...

Jealousy is ugly.

e_i

Yuyushiki episode 8

Boobs...they're amazing. Especially na------ked boobs! Hahaha.

Haibane Renmei

Masterpiece? Yes. Oh yes. Beautiful and haunting. The whole part at the end where
Rakka saves Reki from the train coming through the wall
had me cheering.

Hidmari Sketch x365

I love these girls! On to the 3rd season with Nazuna and Nori!

cajunator

Banned
Haibane Renmei

Masterpiece? Yes. Oh yes. Beautiful and haunting. The whole part at the end where
Rakka saves Reki from the train coming through the wall
had me cheering.

Hidmari Sketch x365

I love these girls! On to the 3rd season with Nazuna and Nori!

Haibane Renmei is the very best anime has to offer.

Also I hope your heart is prepared for Nazuna. she is a sweetie but she will DESTROY your heart.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Any other anime on "the list," cajunator? I want to get them all out of the way now. Maybe watch them all concurrently. Because Fuck moderation.
Mad Pierrot said:
AD Police OVA
Angel Cop (dub) (caveats)
Bagi, The Monster of Mighty Nature
Baoh
Black Lion (dub)
Blood-C
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
Crystal Triangle
Cyber City Oedo 808 (dub)
Dark Cat (dub)
Dog Soldier
Dracula: Emperor of Darkness (dub)
Earth Maiden Arjuna
Garzey's Wing (dub)
Glass Fleet: Legend of the Wind of the Universe (dub)
Golden Laws
Goku: Midnight Eye (tentative)
Hermes: Winds of Love
ICE (footnote: most incomprehensible ever)
Kenya Boy
Kuttsukiboshi
Laws of Eternity
Laws of the Sun
Mad Bull 34 (dub)
Mars of Destruction
Melody of Oblivion
Musashi Gundoh
Rebirth of Buddha
School Days
Shuffle (major caveats)
Street Fighter 2 V (with caveats)
Sukeban Deka (dub)
Wicked City (tentative upon watching)
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito
Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 0 (madpierrot personal rec)
Note that the following have a recommended order:

1. Laws of Eternity
2. Rebirth of Buddha
3. Golden Laws
4. Laws of the Sun
5. Hermes

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Still think the Happy Science films are getting a raw deal being lumped with the rest of that trash.

Andrew J.

Just got verified myself, anyways i'm watchin' Star Driver now and this show has some nicely animated mech battles. It's also fabulous beyond compare, Kiraboshi!

Welcome! Star Driver is a fun show, regardless of what the sourpusses here say.

Note that the following have a recommended order:

1. Laws of Eternity
2. Rebirth of Buddha
3. Golden Laws
4. Laws of the Sun
5. Hermes

Think I'll go with Kenya Boy, ICE, and Earth Maiden Arjuna for now.

Have you seen all of the anime on the list? What would you recommend when I'm done with those?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Smile Precure 11

Nao learns from the mountain. Unfortunately they left off the part where an injured bug eats his own organs, two reproduce by traumatic insemination, or one lays its eggs in another so the larvae will eat the body inside-out.

/XX/

Open notepad

Copy/paste suggestions

Save as "study materials.txt"

???

Profit
Still taking notes?

Sakuga :sdburton. If only 7th were here...
Funny the timely manner in which you were talking about this topic and mentioned him, look what he recommended some hours ago!

Add it to the list, trejo. ;-)

Personally, I like the adventurous spirit with a side dish of explicitness some well animated OVAs had mainly some time ago, like old Yorihisa Uchida efforts as are Guy: Double Target and The Legend of Reyon. Also, I always want to imagine A.P.P.P. having continued making Desert Guardian Rance OVAs for a time when they were more of a powerhouse... :-(

Additionally, the fairly recent second part of Butt Vampire had Kōichi Kikuta 'sakuga' all over it...
actually, don't search for more information on this, please!

[Aim For The Top 2! Diebuster] 2 (Rewatch)
T.O.P.L.E.S.S. my man, 'Transformation Of Potential Limit for Extra-SenseS'... or so they said.

Mature

But there are shows featuring sexy guys aimed at fujoshi all the time. The only difference here is that this one is by KyoAni, who continue to have a remarkable talent for making people lose their minds when discussing it.
I think that's more a reflection of KyoAni's place within the culture of anime. They're either the harbingers of the moe apocalypse or a studio that makes the shows with the really cute girls in it or they're the studio that creates some of the best directed, best animated and most well produced titles in any given year. Either way any discussion of KyoAni is going to allow for these varying groups to get up in arms about one thing or another.
When referring to KyoAni in attempting to explain the studio to some ill-informed friends, I'll often refer to them as "evil"; though not in such a plain way— I just think KyoAni is deadly in that they can be so laser guided with how they attract an audience. It's entertaining, but it's efficacy is harrowing. No such power can be harnessed solely for good.

Misato Katsuragi.
Good ass answer.

T.O.P.L.E.S.S. my man, 'Transformation Of Potential Limits for Extra SenseS'... or so they said.
That's so cheating.

e_i

Date A Live episode 9

Holy unexpected development Batman!
Kotori is a spirit! She goes from cute imouto, to take no shit commander to fucking bad ass spirit? What next, will she become God?

Syrinx

Speaking of "the list", I'm considering starting Glass Fleet, but I'm thinking that maybe I should watch Garzey's Wing first. What say ye, chums?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Funny the timely manner in which you were talking about this topic and mentioned him, look what he recommended some hours ago!

Add it to the list, trejo. ;-)

Personally, I like the adventurous spirit with a side dish of explicitness some well animated OVAs had mainly some time ago, like old Yorihisa Uchida efforts like Guy: Double Target and The Legend of Reyon. I want to imagine A.P.P.P. having continued making Desert Guardian Rance OVAs for a time when they were more of a powerhouse... :-(

Also, the fairly recent second part of Butt Vampire had Kōichi Kikuta 'sakuga' all over it...
actually, don't search for more information on this, please!
Adding all this to the backlog.
T.O.P.L.E.S.S. my man, 'Transformation Of Potential Limits for Extra SenseS'... or so they said.
I'd get carpal tunnel if I tried to put all those fucking periods.

Andrew J.

Crisis averted. Thank you Dresden, you bro you.

Here's what I don't get about you being on #TeamKirino: Shouldn't you want your least favorite girl to end up with the guy, so the ones you actually like can frolic together in the Garden of Maidens free of male influence, or whatever? That's what you seem to be thinking when it comes to Henneko.

Taruranto

I'm currently at epsiode 6 of Hyouka and...well... is something big gonna happen? Something besides school riddles? The Animation may be pretty but that isn't enough for me to sit through all 24 episodes...

I keep telling you people. You could have prevented this. Why didn't you listen?

I'm the complete opposite, I started watching last night and I'm instantly hooked, but then again I'm a Conan/Mystery fan...

This doesn't make any sense, if anything being a Mystery fan would make you dislike Hyouka more!

You're dead to me!

rFrp7oY.jpg

CorvoSol

Slayers 25

The disappointing thing about all of this, to me, is that when we were introduced to Gourry and his Sword of Light, we were told that it was made famous for having defeated the demon beast Jennifer a long time ago. And yet now, the only reason I can think of for Gourry and the sword not being able to stop Jennifer is because there's Rezo, except I thought Rezo was only as tough as he was because of Jennifer.

Just kinda bugs me how the show hands this victory to Lina, along with another magical sword, when by rights this was Gourry's time to shine. Girl already offed the Dark Lord.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Juniors, if you're listening, go watch school days. Now.

It's our obligation as a welcoming community to only give legit good recommendations to new members. If they like AnimeGAF enough to become corrupted by its culture, then we begin to discuss the Deeper Mysteries, but not before :(

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 77: The Wind Toward the Corridor

~ A sane person couldn't bear such a giant statue. ~

The Terraists and Rubinsky are cooking up some crazy plan. I wonder what their actual goal is. Trying to undermine Reinhard's authority? Preserving some security/wealth/prestige/...? It is very confusing to me as they seem, to me, to have played their hand out a long time ago.
Sitting at the same table as von Oberstein at a party looks like great fun.
And poor von Silverberche. Didn't expect him to be the first casualty.

Syrinx

It's our obligation as a welcoming community to only give legit good recommendations to new members. If they like AnimeGAF enough to become corrupted by its culture, then we begin to discuss the Deeper Mysteries, but not before :(
Eh. Watching School Days is one of the first things I did when I got here. Though I had an idea of what I was getting myself into.

And I agree that I don't like the idea of "tricking" people into watching these shows.

The way I see it,
and the way I experienced it,
is if they can watch school days, and still come to love this community in the end, then they truly belong here.

Or maybe I'm just trying to justify it now that I'm on the other side.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Eh. Watching School Days is one of the first things I did when I got here. Though I had an idea of what I was getting myself into.

And I agree that I don't like the idea of "tricking" people into watching these shows.

The way I see it,
and the way I experienced it,
is if they can watch school days, and still come to love this community in the end, then they truly belong here.

Or maybe I'm just trying to justify it now that I'm on the other side.

oh god, we've failed. School Days isn't even considered hazing anymore, just something that you do when you join the thread.

Smile Precure 11

Nao learns from the mountain. Unfortunately they left off the part where an injured bug eats his own organs, two reproduce by traumatic insemination, or one lays its eggs in another so the larvae will eat the body inside-out.

I'm not sure who you want to traumatize more; Kids or Nao?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom