• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some Sony dude teasing PS4vita stuff for gamescom (don't get overhyped)

Tenki

Can't wait to see a lot of great PS4 games and a 2 minutes tráiler of upcoming Vita games, such as Killzone, Tearaway and... that card game. Just like E3.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Not gonna get hyped after that depressing E3 for vita. If gamescom doesn't delivers i am out!

Big difference. It was always pretty clear E3 would be all about PS4. We knew Vita wasn't going to get announcements at E3. Gamescom actually should have some Vita games. I'm hyped. Besides I was pretty satisfied with the Vita showing at Gamescom last year. E3 Vita showing last year pissed me off though.

Redhood

Big difference. It was always pretty clear E3 would be all about PS4. We knew Vita wasn't going to get announcements at E3. Gamescom actually should have some Vita games. I'm hyped. Besides I was pretty satisfied with the Vita showing at Gamescom last year. E3 Vita showing last year pissed me off though.

Yes Vita did deliver at gamescom. Cross Buy! Tearaway! Lets hope but I am extremely cautious! I nearly cried when they were done with vita on the press conference. Ruined the whole ps4 reveal. I was like "meh" all through the conference.

I hope this leads to a few more launch day announcements for PS4. Also, if that Vita game Shahid was teasing got revealed, that would be nice as well.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yes Vita did deliver at gamescom. Cross Buy! Tearaway! Lets hope but I am extremely cautious! I nearly cried when they were done with vita on the press conference. Ruined the whole ps4 reveal. I was like "meh" all through the conference.

PS4 showing in general was VERY underwhelming imo. I was shocked to see it get recieved so positively. No DRM and price was nice, but that's about the only positives that came out of it. The games showing was mediocre. I think only one new PS4 exclusive was even announced, and even that was just a cinematic trailer. Don't understand how people were creaming themselves over the PS4 showing at E3.

Though with that said the indie lineup was good.

Redhood

PS4 showing in general was VERY underwhelming imo. I was shocked to see it get recieved so positively. No DRM and price was nice, but that's about the only positives that came out of it. The games showing was mediocre. I think only one new PS4 exclusive was even announced, and even that was just a cinematic trailer. Don't understand how people were creaming themselves over the PS4 showing at E3.

Spiiling the thruth tea! Every word is true. No DRM was the highlight of the conference.
I was happy for one thing though Sony kept the ps4 exclusive cards close to their chest and brought the house down while microsoft blew away their load,

They knew that they didn't really need to show anymore games because their DRM and price would be enough for their message to dominate E3. And that's exactly what happened. That's out the way now and it's back to gaming.

Afrit

I expect awesome Vita stuff. Already have and love the Vita but I'm hoping a revision gets announced. If a new version of the Vita does what I'm hoping it does I'm gonna have to get it. Come on Vita with secondary triggers and clickable analog sticks! If they're planning on pushing PS4/Vita remote play then a revision of the Vita that has these could be a big deal, especially if they do a PS4/Vita bundle.

All we need is a DualShock4-style grip that plugs into the USB port on the Vita that adds the additional functionality (R2/L2 ), like this:

VanWinkle said:
jyxmA01P8GD2F.jpg

Globox_82

Banned
guys, go ask @yosp on twitter to show GG new IP or SSM new IP at gamescom. I just did that. He is one of the guys that likes to listen to the fans.

Go and do it, it takes a sec.

I expect a better Vita showing than it got at E3, but that's not an enormously high bar to clear. Something roughly akin to last year's should be achievable, at least.

Skyzard

Banned
All we need is a DualShock4-style grip that plugs into the USB port on the Vita that adds the additional functionality (R2/L2 ), like this:

That looks amazing, from a fan?

Can't wait to see a lot of great PS4 games and a 2 minutes tráiler of upcoming Vita games, such as Killzone, Tearaway and... that card game. Just like E3.

At the very least they should show remote play with a great game.

Globox_82

Banned

They didn't have to show more tbh. Think about it. if they showed GG, SSM new IPs they would have been overlooked because of the console design, price and no DRM. Showing the Order was enough, it got attention. Now when everyone wants PS4, it's time to drop the bombs. If they don't do it at gamescom and TGS, then I will agree with you

I expect awesome Vita stuff. Already have and love the Vita but I'm hoping a revision gets announced. If a new version of the Vita does what I'm hoping it does I'm gonna have to get it. Come on Vita with secondary triggers and clickable analog sticks! If they're planning on pushing PS4/Vita remote play then a revision of the Vita that has these could be a big deal, especially if they do a PS4/Vita bundle.

There is no way this will happen im afraid.

Would make it more expensive if anything as well as bulkier. Plus it would only be marketable to people who both want a PS4 and want to be able to play it remotely. Thats going to be a small market for the first year at the very least. Its not something that would change the vita's appeal to increase sales.

If they release a revision it MIGHT have hdmi out, other than that then maybe some internal storage and a cheaper build.

Now maybe they / someone release a grip that has secondary triggers that interact with the back touch. I could believe that.

I really don't think that clickable triggers are that essential, but I was thinking that as a sort of half-way solution that sony should come up with some sort of 'brace' for the Vita that would add a mechanism for 'triggers' that would touch the rear touchpad.

That way people can choose to use it or not (if they prefer to touch the pad directly).

But in the end, again, I think it is not all that essential. With just a little effort devs can use the front and back touch functionality to implement a lot more than just the missing triggers and clickable sticks.

I am actually slightly hopeful that they will come up will solutions that will make it worthwhile to play the games again through the Vita.

Doesn't need to split the market. Vita games would ignore the secondary triggers and clickable sticks while PS4 Remote Play would be much better on the newer Vita. Hell, I'd upgrade just for the better remote play abilities.

That's a really great idea, actually. And making the buttons optional but not required for PS Vita games would settle the market split issue. If Sony does this, reduces the price a little and makes it a real option to go all digital (mem cards way too expensive), I'll more than likely get one.

Oh look I am late with my idea already. This would be great, but I feel that the lack of access to the rear touchpad could mean missed opportunities for a different experience playing through Vita as opposed to PS4.

Skyzard

Banned
Oh look I am late with my idea already. This would be great, but I feel that the lack of access to the rear touchpad could mean missed opportunities for a different experience playing through Vita as opposed to PS4.

I imagine you could make it so it didn't block the rear-touchpad, all the other grips don't.

The plastic you flip to reveal the usb port (at the top I'm assuming) might have to be removed or will be damaged from pushing it back so far. They could give you a port protector to prevent damage to the port when not using the case or something. Doesn't seem very official and I imagine it would sort of have to be to get it to actually work and be supported by games.

Sky Chief

I imagine you could make it so it didn't block the rear-touchpad, all the other grips don't.

The plastic you flip to reveal the usb port (at the top I'm assuming) might have to be removed or will be damaged from pushing it back so far. They could give you a port protector to prevent damage to the port when not using the case or something. Doesn't seem very official and I imagine it would sort of have to be to get it to actually work and be supported by games.

The proprietary USB port is on the bottom of the Vita and has no plastic cover so that will not be an issue

Skyzard

Banned
The proprietary USB port is on the bottom of the Vita and has no plastic cover so that will not be an issue

I guess but you wouldn't be able to charge while using it.

Plus what the hell is that port for anyway.

And it's not like you will get a third party being able to make this by themselves, Sony need to be involved (for working in the extra buttons) so the port shape shouldn't really be a barrier.

QP3

Does anyone know exactly how remote play is going to work? Will it be fail like PS3, or a wifi direct option like Smartglass or the way Wii U does it?

Apparently it "just happens".

Can't remember where I read that, someone else will probably know. I think it was a developer.

I guess but you wouldn't be able to charge while using it.

Plus what the hell is that port for anyway.

And it's not like you will get a third party being able to make this by themselves, Sony need involvement so the port shape shouldn't really be a barrier I think.

It would have a passthrough for charging. That's assuming they already though of this kind of thing when they designed the proprietary port.

What I am waiting for also is for a cable to play vita games on a monitor/tv.

They already have this as that is how reviewers and such capture feed from the Vita, just release the commercial version already.

TheChaos0

Does anyone know exactly how remote play is going to work? Will it be fail like PS3, or a wifi direct option like Smartglass or the way Wii U does it?

PS4 has dedicated chip for encoding decoding the video feed, where as PS3 just had to rely on whatever the power was left in the Cell to do it.

PS4 has n wifi, where as PS3 has g.

Remote Play does not need to be implemented by the devs, it's on OS feature. All the devs have to do is provide a Vita control scheme (that they are required to do, in order to release the game).

From technical stand point it should be a Wii U like experience but once again time will tell.

Gamescon for Sony is more like a SCE WWS event where they could show of their first party line-up without giving away screen time to third parties like they sadly have to do in e3

Top Bottom