• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Practice this

c.MK, c.HP, Silver Chord
Daisy Pusher, s.HK (if no meter or you want to save it do c.MP, s.HK)
j.LP, j.MK, j.HK Fallen Woman H
c.MK, s.HK
j.LK, j.MK, j.HK, Fallen Woman M
s.LK, s.MP, s.HP x2, qcf+lk or dragon punch

Once you have that down practice this
This video is sorta what it will look like but the stuff below is the updated version

c.MK, c.HP, Silver Chord
Daisy Pusher, s.HP, Seria Cancel
c.MP, s.HK
j.LP, j.MK, j.HK Fallen Woman H
c.MK, s.HK
j.LK, j.MK, j.HK, Fallen Woman M
s.LK, s.MP, s.HP x2, Seria Cancel
s.LP, s.MP, s.HP x2, qcf+lk or dragon punch

Thanks Q! I'll train these combos.

Kioshen

I got the combo down. Any other combos you have for Valentine because I'm pretty bad in coming up with combos. Actually I could come up with combos, but don't know how to extend them.

I'm actually in the lab with her right now. I've got some extension strings but nothing solid for now. I'll link you to my fight notes when I have something to show.

I'm actually in the lab with her right now. I've got some extension strings but nothing solid for now. I'll link you to my fight notes when I have something to show.

I'm going to practice now. Add me on steam if you want, it's MisterLuffy.

Edit: I think I've found the extension string, but still need to work on it.

I'm playing against my friend, I got bodied by him. I really need to practice a lot and know what combos I want to use. Right now I don't think I'm ready.

Kioshen

Well that explains how I couldn't find anything on him. I should have tilted when MikeZ said his nickname the wrongright way during the Evo Finals. I just started watching the first video and the amount of tech, resets and neutral push/pull in that one is already amazing. It's going to take me awhile to dissect all of that footage. I think I'll run ThatOneOtherDude's team for a while.

Thanks a bunch as always DiscoShark !

Saikyo

Someone can tell me some combos for Ms Fortune? Tried all the combos for Cerebella from the flowchart, wanted something like that for Nadia : P

Fuck me, I'm in Eyoel's bracket. If I get matched up against him first or second match I'm going to be sad. It'll be Evo all over again. ._.

alstein

Fuck me, I'm in Eyoel's bracket. If I get matched up against him first or second match I'm going to be sad. It'll be Evo all over again. ._.

I haven't even seen the brackets or if I made it through reg. (got a feeling I was left out, though I'd lose 1st around anyways)

I can see because I'm helping.

Quick, someone give me a Double combo, and two other characters to play! ._.

Psst, tell me if anyone of note is in my bracket >.>

On the bright side, I can't have keninblack again, but on the not o bright I could still end up with guitalex again D:

Kioshen

Psst, tell me if anyone of note is in my bracket >.>

On the bright side, I can't have keninblack again, but on the not o bright I could still end up with guitalex again D:

Speaking of which, Guitalex hasn't been posting around here since his first post which is a shame :(.

Item Box

Were we supposed to get an email about the tournament or something? I only recently found out that I got in by having to ctrl+f my name in the challonge bracket.

crtl+f "Guitalex "... no results, yes!

I got one combo down for Valentine. I don't know if it's good but it's a start.

-cr.LK, cr.MK (2 hits), cr.HP
j.LK, j.MP, j.MK (1st hit), j.HP
Jump again (once you land after j.HP)
j.LP, j.MP, j.HP xx qcf+K xx EKG Flatliner=(qcf+KK)

alstein

What's the best way to play Peacock? Just spamming projectiles and keeping distance?

That only goes so far- you're not going to keep good players out all the time with Peacock- her keepaway just isn't good enough (unless you are really good with assists, then you have to be even better to make up for the health/damage loss)

Kioshen

I got one combo down for Valentine. I don't know if it's good but it's a start.

-cr.LK, cr.MK (2 hits), cr.HP
j.LK, j.MP, j.MK (1st hit), j.HP
Jump again (once you land after j.HP)
j.LP, j.MP, j.HP xx qcf+K xx EKG Flatliner=(qcf+KK)

It's not great because you scale your damage too much early on but it's a start. I'm still working on my document myself so I can't comment too much. After testing a little more, if you let cr.MK do two hits when hitting cr.LK at max distance cr.HP will whiff. cr.LK can be hit two times however if you have trouble hit confirming it.

It's not great because you scale your damage too much early on but it's a start. I'm still working on my document myself so I can't comment too much. After testing a little more, if you let cr.MK do two hits when hitting cr.LK at max distance cr.HP will whiff. cr.LK can be hit two times however if you have trouble hit confirming it.

I see. I need to work on her more. I can't wait to see what you have.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Your friend could have saved time doing my combos for no meter or a little meter for more damage XD
Honestly the only way to get more damage is with her qcf+lk combos in the corner

Basically your goal with her if solo is to land 2 hits one using no super 1 using supers and it finishes it up.

In teams your goal is to build two meters, combo into orb, cancel before the orb hits into your partner and start a mix up lock down game while the orb is out still.

1v2 or 1v3 you can get by using almost no supers at all til the last character and 95% + combo them

RIP Cloudius' Team

That only goes so far- you're not going to keep good players out all the time with Peacock- her keepaway just isn't good enough (unless you are really good with assists, then you have to be even better to make up for the health/damage loss)
You make it sound like Peacock players actually lose something by going duo or trio. She isn't useless as a solo character, but she gains the world when she has assists backing her up.
What's the best way to play Peacock? Just spamming projectiles and keeping distance?
This is the preferred way to go. The mistake I see often with Peacocks is very little use of her level 3 grab, though. There are times when burning the meter is worth it and it blows opponents to the other side of the stage which means game over if they can be chipped to death (unless it is anchor Double with five meters).

alstein

You make it sound like Peacock players actually lose something by going duo or trio. She isn't useless as a solo character, but she gains the world when she has assists backing her up.

This is the preferred way to go. The mistake I see often with Peacocks is very little use of her level 3 grab, though. There are times when burning the meter is worth it and it blows opponents to the other side of the stage which means game over if they can be chipped to death (unless it is anchor Double with five meters).

Yeah she does, using Fortune as an assist I do better than Solo despite having no clue how to play Fortune

If only Cerebella had a derp assist to use (her assists are meh for keep-out, great otherwise, but I need keep-out. Devil Horns is best out, but real hard to convert off landing it) Starting to think the best use for assist right now with Cerebella is as an Alpha Counter. Wondering if Peacock assist teleport would work well as an alpha counter to start at range.

Seriously, while she is no joke solo, she becomes a possible monster assisted. The lockdown and/or defense are worth the disadvantages.

Kioshen

Yeah she does, using Fortune as an assist I do better than Solo despite having no clue how to play Fortune

If only Cerebella had a derp assist to use (her assists are meh for keep-out, great otherwise, but I need keep-out. Devil Horns is best out, but real hard to convert off landing it) Starting to think the best use for assist right now with Cerebella is as an Alpha Counter. Wondering if Peacock assist teleport would work well as an alpha counter to start at range.

What's wrong with fierce or medium Lock n' Load for keep-out assist ? Look up on TJGamer22 if you want to look at a great Peacock/Cerebella player.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Why are you not using ceracopter for keep out? The last hit knocks away

alstein

Why are you not using ceracopter for keep out? The last hit knocks away

Cerecopter has 0 invincibility so it's so easy to stuff. It's a great offensive assist, but I'm more worried about defense- offensive assists aren't much help if you're not good at converting them into big damage.

The issue with lock n load is that it's slow and certain normals beat the autoguard, otherwise it would be good. The lighter versions get stuffed easier despite being faster. It's not a bad assist, but it has issues with the stuff that gives me the most issues.

Devil Horns can deal with IAD Filia crap (generally my worst issues have been Filia IAD where I don't have a good answer that I know of, and Painwheels who know Peacock's blind spot and can work from there)- the problem with Devil Horns is crappy horizontal range, it's a terrible Alpha Counter, and it's hard to convert damage off of it.

Given my poor combo ability- the best tool I have is to keep the game in neutral as much as possible where I can convert/reset on random hits.

That said, playing a 2-perosn team you're bound to have a hole in your assist .

Dahbomb

Wow can't even super jump advance on keyboard.

I was trying to figure out how people were able to get height on me. Not only did I realize there's a super jump in this game but that if you super jump straight up you can't alter your trajectory after it meaning you have to super jump with up back or up forward simultaneously.... which means this is next to impossible on keyboard or at least not reliable.

*sigh*

Top Bottom