• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Beats

Hmm, what should you do if Double's level 3 is hitting your assist character? Can you hit her out of it? I was trying to block, but she was going all over the place which caused me to get caught in it. `-`

Dahbomb

LOL man I can't tell you how many times I got hit by that Double hyper until I realized you have to block it the other way.

New game pains.

LOL man I can't tell you how many times I got hit by that Double hyper until I realized you have to block it the other way.

New game pains.

She can change the direction of car actually so it can be either side that she comes in on. There's a trick to telling what side she'll end up on though, just look at the direction of the smoke is going in right after she disappears before using her car and block accordingly.

Try it out in training mode, to make Double go the opposite direction just hold back after activating car.

Hmm, what should you do if Double's level 3 is hitting your assist character? Can you hit her out of it? I was trying to block, but she was going all over the place which caused me to get caught in it. `-`

Use something invincible.

Jawmuncher

Finally was able to play the Skullgirls Beta. This was actually my first time playing it and I already love it. Glad my backing went to good use. Really loving the art style and the speed of it all. Going to need to practice up a lot more though. I'm using a PDP Fight pad and haven't played fighters in awhile so i'm pretty rusty.

I use SZXC for the directions. I am generally fine with it.

Stuff I can do fairly easily:

*Dashing/wave dashing although anything too intensive movement wise becomes difficult
*Regular jumping/up back
*Forward/Back charge moves
*QCF/DP moves if they are on a single button

Stuff that requires more effort than normal:

*Down/Up charge moves (because you have to hold down two buttons)
*Blocking right/left mix ups. Even a regular side change cross up becomes more difficult to block than normal.
*Super jumping although not THAT necessary in this game thankfully
*QCF/QCB + 2 buttons. The motion isn't the problem, pressing two buttons is a bigger nuisance than normal. I have set Two Attack buttons to Space so that basically allows me to Dash, Roll, Pushblock and do some hypers without much difficulty. It's stuff that is mapped to KK that is hard to do in clutch situations.

That's why I play Parasoul. She has charged attacks, she doesn't have a lot of mobility options and her combos for the most part are not THAT difficult. Pretty much the best keyboard character in the game. About the only thing that is more difficult than normal is her DP into her KK super.

I am however interested in Cerebella and Squigly. I did some freestyle combos with Squigly from watching QisTopTier play and I was almost able to replicate it... and that's a big damage combo. I don't know which of these would be better for Parasoul. Pretty much everyone who is good online used 2 or 3 characters and once they get you to block an assist which has lockdown, that's pretty much game.
I'm pretty sure Peacock and Parasoul both lack any dragon punch motions in their movesets too. This game was made for me.
She can change the direction of car actually so it can be either side that she comes in on. There's a trick to telling what side she'll end up on though, just look at the direction of the smoke is going in right after she disappears before using her car and block accordingly.
I hate that super and it is part of the reason why I started playing Cerebella more. No one ever pays attention the smoke. I just block it based on instinct. I block thinking it'll come from behind first because there is more than enough time to change my block direction if I was wrong.

No lie... I was in the IRC the other day and I brought it up. Tons of people who've been following the game for more than a year had no clue that the dust was even an indicator lol. That and cat heads are definitely the most annoying supers in the game. I can't even imagine how newbies feel when dealing with them lol.

I'm pretty sure Peacock and Parasoul both lack any dragon punch motions in their movesets too. This game was made for me.

I hate that super and it is part of the reason why I started playing Cerebella more. No one ever pays attention the smoke. I just block it based on instinct. I block thinking it'll come from behind first because there is more than enough time to change my block direction if I was wrong.

No lie... I was in the IRC the other day and I brought it up. Tons of people who've been following the game for more than a year had no clue that the dust was even an indicator lol.
That and cat heads are definitely the most annoying supers in the game. I can't even imagine how newbies feel when dealing with them lol.

Honestly it's a good enough super without also having the ability to crossup the opponent on top of everything. Totally wouldn't mind it being changed so that you always block it in the direction that Double was in when she originally left the screen or that there would be a more obvious indicator of which direction she was going to come in before she left the screen (I'd petition for giant flashing lights).

Nyoro SF

I'm in training mode right now and I can't see the dust being an indicator of anything, it always goes in the same way regardless if I do either direction of the super.

I do what Solar does as well and just block in reverse on reaction. Sadly as of now that's all I can think of doing.

Kioshen

I'm in training mode right now and I can't see the dust being an indicator of anything, it always goes in the same way regardless if I do either direction of the super.

I do what Solar does as well and just block in reverse on reaction. Sadly as of now that's all I can think of doing.

The dust kicks higher in the direction that you need to block. It's one puff of cloud but one end is bigger.

One side of the dust should be more transparent / lightly shaded compared to the other side.

Dahbomb

That and cat heads are definitely the most annoying supers in the game. I can't even imagine how newbies feel when dealing with them lol.
Is that the Double utility hyper? If so that is definitely cheap as hell. I just try to up back all day while keeping my fingers ready for a throw.

Mr. X

She's vulnerable. Whack her out of it.

Just played like 30 something matches against guitalex doing solobella mirrors. It was eye opening to say the least. It really showed me how basic my Cerebella play really is and I picked up on a lot new stuff I'm going to start working on in the lab. If Guitalex is reading this, thanks a lot for the games man.

Mr. X

8-13 Note Placed in Your Lunchbox By A Loving Parent
AUGUST 13TH, 2013 - MIKEZ
Hey kiddo,

I know you're busy with school, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry about making a build that generates hundreds of megabytes of log files in the Steam directory if you play online. I'll fix it as soon as Valve's servers are back up to let us make a new build, but you'll probably want to delete those files...

Have a great day!

Love,
Pops

P.S. This is our little secret!

This airdash change has me a bit shaky about Parasoul and her Napalm Pillar. Gonna see how it plays out in the next week or so.
Fuck cat heads tick throws and lockdown.
Double having an actual midstage tick throw game AND crossup game is the scariest shit ever.

It's double the trouble whenever she is brought up in Skullgirls. The pun is intentional and deadly serious.
Honestly it's a good enough super without also having the ability to crossup the opponent on top of everything. Totally wouldn't mind it being changed so that you always block it in the direction that Double was in when she originally left the screen or that there would be a more obvious indicator of which direction she was going to come in before she left the screen (I'd petition for giant flashing lights).
The dust kicks higher in the direction that you need to block. It's one puff of cloud but one end is bigger.
One side of the dust should be more transparent / lightly shaded compared to the other side.
She needs a larger marker. I think it is a good super to have if you want to train people to hone their reflexes, but the indicator is the tiniest thing ever.
Is that the Double utility hyper? If so that is definitely cheap as hell. I just try to up back all day while keeping my fingers ready for a throw.
It was worse when it was just one bar in vanilla lol. Double has gotten away with a lot of bullshit in the last 16 months.
8-13 Note Placed in Your Lunchbox By A Loving Parent
AUGUST 13TH, 2013 - MIKEZ
Hey kiddo,

I know you're busy with school, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry about making a build that generates hundreds of megabytes of log files in the Steam directory if you play online. I'll fix it as soon as Valve's servers are back up to let us make a new build, but you'll probably want to delete those files...

Have a great day!

Love,
Pops

P.S. This is our little secret!
Some of the biggest changes in a while:
- Increase leniency on all dashes/airdashes/superjumps to 17f (from 12f).
- Assists should not come out behind the opponent ever ever anymore. Ever. Well, maybe sometimes...but much less. No more Updo in the back while they're standing in front of you.
These are a big deal. IADs are literally braindead easy now and I think it'll be better in the long run for these games. Anyone who can't get IADs now either has serious hand problems or the worst godawful execution ever. Relish these changes, airdashers.

Some of the biggest changes in a while:

These are a big deal. IADs are literally braindead easy now and I think it'll be better in the long run for these games. Anyone who can't get IADs now either has serious hand problems or the worst godawful execution ever. Relish these changes, airdashers.

What's IAD?

Kioshen

I see, I kind of had the same feeling because after doing her j.hp dash to j.mp, during her j.mp, she was under the characters instead of being over. I don't know if I have to delay my j.hp during the launch or delay the air dash after j.hp. I might as well analyze the videos again.

I found out what was wrong. It's weight specific. You can only do that sequence on Double > Cerebella > Parasoul in order of heaviest. Valentine and down you either can't or it's really hard. I did it first try on Parasoul but couldn't manage to hit it on Valentine nor Filia.

==========

Instant Airdash. Basically jump then airdash immediately.

GGs Kioshen. I'm not sure what you can do against that burst bait with Squigly. :x

GGs Beats ! Sorry I had to fallback on Solobella because she's the only one I have a higher combo landing rate than 40% consistently. I explored her neutral game during those matches so that was helpful. So many missed kanchou and command throws ugh.

As for the burst bait, damn that's cheap son. There are safe moments that you could escape but you need to guess and fast which one of the path it is.

http://www.twitch.tv/labzero/b/445389591?t=54m25s

My fight with Inuchiyo (JP player who came to this year's EVO) on the MarvelousAQL/Lab Zero stream. I feel like a dick because I forgot that I can't change my delay in lobbies yet. Next time I'll set my delay higher in the options menu before I go challenging our future Japanese overlords.

It was a good fight and my alternate online handle really seems to resonate with people lol. I bet Mike would sort of like my Parasoul play... even though he'd probably spend half the time yelling at my mistakes. :p
Squigly doesn't have an airdash so I don't have to worry about such things... ;_;7
You've got it upside down. You not having one means you better worry more about it. Everyone else is only going to get better at something you don't have now. It is good for the game, but you better believe I'm going to mentally prepare myself for this as a Parasoul player.

I found out what was wrong. It's weight specific. You can only do that sequence on Double > Cerebella > Parasoul in order of heaviest. Valentine and down you either can't or it's really hard. I did it first try on Parasoul but couldn't manage to hit it on Valentine nor Filia.

I see, thanks. I pretty much got the corner combos. Do you have any mid-screen combos that works on everyone, no matter what their size are?

Saikyo

Thanks for the link, Kalamari
Something simple :

LP LK MK cHP*
jMP jMK QCB+LK -land-
crLK cHP*
jLP jMP jMK QCB+LK -> Optional Super

*Replace the c.HP with HK when head is off.

Thanks for the combo, I have just one question, "Optional Super" you mean the j.214+KK one right?

Still its tough to search for combos without a central place for information (like skullheart), still having lots of fun with the game.

Zeroo

Neo Member
You need to be charged up to do a seria cancel, and do c.MP instead of s.MP it's more consistent

This is the updated version

c.MK, c.HP, Silver Chord
Daisy Pusher, s.HP, Seria Cancel
c.MP, s.HK
j.LP, j.MK, j.HK Fallen Woman H
c.MK, s.HK
j.LK, j.MK, j.HK, Fallen Woman M
s.LK, s.MP, s.HP x2, Seria Cancel
s.LP, s.MP, s.HP x2, qcf+lk or dragon punch
At what point exactly do you charge up? I don't see anything that looks like a charge that I learned in the tutorial in the youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiRsZduzZdk&feature=youtu.be

I got another combo with Valentine but it can only be done in the corner.

-cr.LK, cr.MK (2 hits), cr.HP
j.MP, j.HP, air-dash, j.MP, j.HP
(Once you land from j.HP)
j.LK, j.MP, j.HP
(Once you land from j.HP)
j.LP, j.MP, j.HP
st.lp (3 hits), st.MP (2 hits), st.HK (3 hits) xx EKG Flatliner

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
At what point exactly do you charge up? I don't see anything that looks like a charge that I learned in the tutorial in the youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiRsZduzZdk&feature=youtu.be

You store the charge when you press an extra k or p button during it. I'm not charging in the combo because I already have one built up before hand she builds it fast so it's easy to do after any knockdown or moments of calm

commission_008___devil_horns_by_cellsai-d6i254e.png

It speaks for itself.

Artist is Cellsai on IRC. He also handles the Ask Minette tumblr.

Beckx

My fight with Inuchiyo (JP player who came to this year's EVO) on the MarvelousAQL/Lab Zero stream. I feel like a dick because I forgot that I can't change my delay in lobbies yet. Next time I'll set my delay higher in the options menu before I go challenging our future Japanese overlords.

It was a good fight and my alternate online handle really seems to resonate with people lol. I bet Mike would sort of like my Parasoul play... even though he'd probably spend half the time yelling at my mistakes. :p

Nice. I'm more impressed that you consistently landed Bella's j.lp x 6, j.HP restand. I hate that thing. Trying to get better at it b/c the j.lk, j.hk restand timing varies so much. Your Parasoul looks great.

Kioshen

Good match ! That reminds that I still haven't added you on steam :/.

Beckx

I'm pretty sure the jLK, jHK is consistent though. Unless you're trying to do it after something that's not cMK?

It's the "weight" variance that gets me. Against certain characters I'm okay at it, but against lighter characters I never seem to get the timing right.

Ass execution I guess.

bon

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRkrVClCIAASZj_.jpg:large[IMG]

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRks1GuCUAAGFYL.jpg:large[IMG]

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRkpWUPCQAEfzF2.jpg:large[IMG]

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRktQ9oCQAAY97d.jpg:large[IMG][/QUOTE]

Are these going to be for sale?

Top Bottom