• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portuguese studio Nerd Monkeys announces PnC Adventure Game : "Case and Bot"

Corto

Filipe Pina producer of "Under Siege" (the PS3 game not the Steven Seagal movie) at Seed Studios, is now the director of this game and one of the founders of a new portuguese studio: Nerd Monkeys.

s4VPJlj.png

"A strange murder has occurred in the Hotel Lisbon, a man committed suicide with 14 stabs to the back while at the same time he peacefully drank his coffee. This case with contradictory facts was too complex for Policeman Garcia to solve, so he decided to hire the only detective duo in town capable of solving it: the mythical Detective Case and the unmistakable Clown Bot.
Together, they will solve a network of love relations so complex and so intricate, that it would take at least 14 clairvoyants, 5 apocalyptic sect prophets who can predict the end of the world and 3 of those gypsies that can read the palm of your hand just to guess the final outcome.

www.caseandbot.com

Passion, humor, mystery, horror and drama! A videogame for Windows, Mac e Linux"

The videogame:

Murder in the Hotel Lisbon is a videogame inspired by the classic point and click adventures from the 80’s and 90’s. It adopts these eras characteristically design and it is built using only the pixel art technique. The game itself runs at a native resolution of 256x192, the same resolution used by the old ZX Spectrum 48k and most recently by the Nintendo DS.

Characters:

With the mythical Detective Case, also known as the world worst detective, a man so rough and rude that his witnesses would rather be run over by a slow moving freight train than to be questioned by him.
And the hilarious Clown Bot who, although he works as a Detective Case’s sidekick, he hopes in reality that one day he will get a job as a circus clown. Unfortunately, and no matter how many applications he sends, no circus will ever accept a clown that is afraid of children. He never sleeps, so besides working by day as a sidekick, he also works by night as a stand-up comedian in a local bar. People say that he is a joke machine.

Some jifs

vRjtysJ.gif

FXIQX2t.gif

Case and Bot Official Site

F-Pina

Ha cool! Thanks Corto!
I put up a post on the Indie Games in August with more details.

We are a 2 man team working together at the Lisbon Studio in Lisbon, Portugal, with 3 more people doing music, art, and production that are not here on a day to day basis with us. We are using Game Maker: Studio from Yoyo games and we will self-publish digitally on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Cheerios!

Limanima

Ha cool! Thanks Corto!
I put up a post on the Indie Games in August with more details.

We are a 2 man team working together at the Lisbon Studio in Lisbon, Portugal, with 3 more people doing music, art, and production that are not here on a day to day basis with us. We are using Game Maker: Studio from Yoyo games and we will self-publish digitally on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Cheerios!

Hi Pina, it looks great. Aren't you guys going to publish this on mobile devices?

PS: You probably don't know from my username, but we met in Portalegre past year in the PIG Festival.
I was the one who presented Snails. Remember? We finally managed to publish the game.

F-Pina

Hi Pina, it looks great. Aren't you guys going to publish this on mobile devices?

PS: You probably don't know from my username, but we met in Portalegre past year in the PIG Festival.
I was the one who presented Snails. Remember? We finally managed to publish the game.

I do remember dude. Awesome that you made it! Hope it is selling what you hoped for.
As for our game, there will be a mobile version in the future, but we are focusing on the PC version first. There are also some crazy announcements regarding the game that we haven't revealed yet.

Para todos os Porrtugueses aqui no Gaf, preparem-se que isto vai mesmo ser o jogo mais tuga de sempre ;)

F-Pina

To be honest I have absolutely no idea.
I am guessing that it is possible to get Steam keys for all buyers on our site, if that is the case yes, we would offer a Steam key to all buyers.
We are using BMT micro for payments and delivery of the build so it's feasable to deliver a Steam key later by email as well. But I haven't been able to confirm this so we aren't announcing anything like that yet.

If I could confirm that Valve let's me do this it would help with sales of course :)
Can any gaffer here check this?

Tizoc

Just placed my pre-order, site stated I paid around $5 for it~
EDIT: Ah got a message from my bank that the amount got deducted, so ust gotta wait for the confirmation e-mail.

Top Bottom