• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve greenlights 100 new: Mutant Mudds, Grey Matter, Cook Serve Del, Shantae, Talism

inm8num2

the marginal cost of submitting to multiple platforms is 0 so I don't think competition really does this; see also all the games available on impulse, gamersgate, desura, etc even though they sell nothing there

Even so, having a game on Steam basically means lower sales everywhere else.

If a game were on GOG, GG, etc. but not on Steam those sites would enjoy slightly better sales. But many people hold out for Steam, and once that moment comes sales elsewhere probably dip significantly.

I'm not complaining or criticizing at all - I'm happy Steam greenlit all these games (especially the adventures like Gray Matter). It's just a side observation. If I'm GOG I'm probably a little bummed that any small chance of getting some of these games before Steam has vanished.

linko9

Wow, now every game I've voted for (just 8) except one (The real texas) is greenlit, that's good. But greenlight still sucks.

Forkball

Sad that 99 Spirits still isn't greenlit. It's on every digital platform except Steam. Meanwhile they greenlight games that aren't even done or nearly done. Kenshi was released WITHOUT SOUND.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Holy shit, that's a huge number of games that I was hoping for and a number that came out of nowhere. (Project Black Sun? I bought that with blue coins on GG at almost fuckin' random.)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sad that 99 Spirits still isn't greenlit. It's on every digital platform except Steam. Meanwhile they greenlight games that aren't even done or nearly done. Kenshi was released WITHOUT SOUND.

greenlight doesn't mean "ready for release on steam", it means "ready for release on steam when it's done or on early access if it is ready to be sold during alpha development". it's the first step, not the last step. valve should be greenlighting unfinished games as long as those games have the obvious potential to be completed at some point (shadow of the eternals was probably an error)

idolminds

Neo Member
Woo! Shantae coming to PC!
Please also release on GOG.

Surprised to see some games I've had for quite a while show up, like Project Black Sun and Reprisal. Definitely deserve it but I figured by now they would never get through.

Sciz

Huh, didn't realize someone had officially brought Bunny Must Die over. It's a great little Metroid-like.

Forkball

greenlight doesn't mean "ready for release on steam", it means "ready for release on steam when it's done or on early access if it is ready to be sold during alpha development". it's the first step, not the last step. valve should be greenlighting unfinished games as long as those games have the obvious potential to be completed at some point (shadow of the eternals was probably an error)

You'd think that finished games, especially those available on other DD platforms, would have some semblance of priority over games that are in pre-pre-alpha, especially after the War Z fiasco. It may just come down to votes though, which is a shame since so many great titles go completely unnoticed.

It's good that Knock-Knock got greenlit, although I'm confused as to why it needed to be given Ice-Pick lodge have two games up on steam already.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
http://store.steampowered.com/news/11339/

As we work to streamline the publishing workflow and improve the tools available to developers preparing for release on Steam, we've reached a point where we are ready to stress-test our system.

The best way to accomplish this is to invite a significant number of developers to use the updated tools and systems, ship their games and software with these tools, and to give us feedback so that we may continue to improve the process.

To that end, today we've Greenlit another 100 titles, bringing the total number of titles offered worldwide Steam publishing agreements via Greenlight to 260.

We couldn't fit a list of the 100 Greenlit items in this blog post, so we have instead created an official collection listing them all out here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=171260210

This latest milestone is both a celebration of the progress we've made behind the scenes and a stress test of our systems. Future batches are not likely to be as large, but if everything goes smoothly we should be able to continue increasing the throughput of games from Greenlight to the Steam store.

As with past batches, these titles will be released independently in the weeks or months ahead, as they complete development and integrate any Steamworks features they are interested in utilizing.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
You'd think that finished games, especially those available on other DD platforms, would have some semblance of priority over games that are in pre-pre-alpha, especially after the War Z fiasco. It may just come down to votes though, which is a shame since so many great titles go completely unnoticed.

they do have a semblance of priority, but given that valve is rapidly ramping up the approval rate in accordance with new tools coming online i think the notion of priority is less important by the day and the notion of suitability becomes more important

Could anyone make a list which titles appeared in Bundles?

I know I got depth-hunter from the Greenlight-Bundle and Chelsea, 7 Bunnies from Indieroyale.

inm8num2

I'm enjoying the Gray Matter love in here. It's a beautiful adventure game, one of the best of the past 5 years imo. Amazing story, haunting soundtrack, and pretty good (but maybe not great) gameplay.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Apparently Ray's the Dead is being made by our very own Fodder76! Massive congratulations to him (or her!) and anyone else making the game with him and I hope everyone here supports the game when it makes it out! :D

Crayons

Banned
Congrats to all the GAFfers that got their games greenlit on Steam! I will be sure to buy your games, regardless if I they are good or not!

Das-J

Law of the West
Congratulations to Chubigans and all the other GAFfers!

I can't wait to check some of these out... can I get a list of the "Must Haves"? :)

So. Indie-Bundles:

Blockland
Amazon-Bundles (CAG3 Bundle / Airship, Dinosaurs and Space Battle Pack)

Bloody Trapland
Indie Royale The Spiral Groove Bundle

Bridge Constructor
Groupees Build A Meridian 4 Megabundle

Bridge It
The Greenlight Bundle 4

Bunny Must Die
Indie Royale Back To School

Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land
H. P. Lovecraft Bundle
Indie Gala 9

Constant C
The Greenlight Bundle 4
Sci Fi Bundle

Croixleur
Groupees: Let’s Build A Doujin Bundle!
Indie Royale Debut 2 Bundle

Darkout
Groupees: Build A Greenlight 2

Depth Hunter
Groupees: Build a Bundle 2
The Greenlight Bundle

Dino Run SE
The Greenlight Bundle
Indieroyale: The Summer Bundle

Escape Goat
The Greenlight Bundle 4
Indie Royale June Bug

Gravi
Groupees: Build A Greenlight 2

Knytt Underground
Indie Royale The Spring Sun Bundle
Deadly Dungeons Bundle

Megabyte Punch
The Greenlight Bundle

Mutant Mudds
Indie Royale The Harvest Bundle
Amazon (The Floodageddon of Indie Games)

Omegalodon
Groupees: Build a Bundle 3
Indie Gala X

Oniken
Indie Royale July Jubilee
Indie Gala SummerTide

Paranautical Activity
Groupees Be Mine 8

Rawbots
Groupees: Build A Greenlight 3

Reprisal
Indie Royale The Fall Bundle

Salvation Prophecy
Groupees: Build a Greenlight 1

Signal Ops
Indie Royale The Prairie Dog Bundle

Super Amazing Wagon Adventure
Indie Royale Getaway Bundle

The Cat Lady
Phoenix Horror Bundle

Underrail
GameLoading: Premium Games Bundle

Zafehouse: Diaries
Indie Royale The Mighty Bundle
Groupees: Bundle Of The Undead

Finished

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As per the IGBW, here are the games that have been in at least one bundle:

A Walk in the Dark
- Build a Greenlight Bundle 3

- Bridge It
IndieGameStand

Bloody Trapland
- The Spiral Groove Bundle

Bridge Constructor
- Indie Gala Sim
- Groupees Build a Meridian4 Megabundle

Bridge It
- Wham Bam Bundle
- Indie Fort Countdown Bundle

Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils
- The Back to School Bundle

Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land
- Indie Gala Mobile 2
- Indie Gala 9
- Green Light Bundle 2

Constant C
- Be Mine 8
- IndieGameStand

Croixleur
- The Debut 2 Bundle

Darkout
- Build a Greenlight Bundle 2
- Get Loaded Indie Edition

Depth Hunter
- Be in the Game
- Build a Bundle 2
- Green Ligjt Bundle 3

Dino Run SE
- The Summer Bundle
- Green Light Bundle

Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos
- Let's Build a Doujin Bundle!

Eleusis
- Be Mine 8

Escape Goat
- The June Bug Bundle
- Indie Gala Weekly 1
- IndieGameStand
- Green Light Bundle 4

Exoplanet: First Contact
- Adventure Role Playing Groupee

Galactic Arms Race
- Be Mine Anniversary

Gravi
- Pure Indie
- Build a Greenlight Bundle 2

Knytt Underground
- The Spring Sun Bundle

Megabyte Punch
- Green Light Bundle 3
- IndieGameStand

Mutant Mudds
- The Harvest Bundle

NEO Scavenger
- Be Mine 5

Omegalodon
- Build a Bundle 3
- Green Light Bundle 2
- Indie Gala 10

Oniken
- The July Jubilee Bundle
- Green Light Bundle 2
- Retro Groupee
- Indie Gala Summertide

Paranautical Activity
- Be Mine 8
- IndieGameStand

Project Black Sun
- IndieFort Championship

Rawbots
- Build a Greenlight Bundle 3

Reprisal
- The Fall Bundle
- IndieGameStand

Salvation Prophecy: A Military Space Epic
- Build a Greenlight Bundle

Signal Ops
- The Prairie Dog Bundle

Super Amazing Wagon Adventure
- The Getaway Bundle

The Cat Lady
- Be Mine Anniversary
- IndieGameStand

Underrail
- Build a Greenlight Bundle
- IndieFort Spring Bundle

Zafehouse: Diaries
- IndieFort Countdown Bundle
- The Mighty Bundle
- Bundle of the Undead

Edit: Added IGS.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Congrats Chubs! I'll be double dipping on steam for sure.

Also congrats to void and fodder I haven't played your games yet but I imagine that will change soon. It's always great seeing fellow members succeed.

Noogy

Congrats fellow gaffers who made it in :) Lots of good games here, and the fact that it was exactly 100 means that there are probably a ton more in the pipeline, they just want to space it out a bit.

And here I was happy to have already owned most of what I wanted on Steam. Going to be an expensive holiday.

BTW, congrats Chubs. Steam has been good to me. I know they'll be good to you, too :)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Thanks everyone! When I got the email this morning from Steam I figured it was a pretty neat phishing/scam thing and almost trashed it, haha. I never ever would have expected this.

Hopefully I'll have it out by September; I want to add a bunch of shiny Steam-related stuff like Achievements to it.

Oniken yes

Oil Blue :(

Interesting fact: the Oil Blue was ahead of CSD in terms of votes. I'm glad CSD got chosen since the Oil Blue source code is damaged and I wouldn't be able to do much with that game in terms of Steam integration.

Welp, I better get to work!

Top Bottom