• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Ryse's multiplayer looks nothing like the released footage, doesn't feel nextgen

The dark knight ryses

ibree4fE8FzhLF.gif

Why the hell does the one guy towards the front of the frame flip out and fall over? Who hit him exactly? (poor direction?)

PureGone

Banned
Ryse doesn't feel next gen due to the boring combat and bad graphics. So what game would you say feels next gen? Forza and DriveClub are just racer that could have been done this gen with slightly worse graphics (See Gran Turismo 6). Killzone is just another shooter, watch dogs and assassins creed are on current gen too and Etc etc

Buggzy18

Banned
Disappointing, looked like a promising game. I was thinking about getting an X1 in spring, but I'll probably end up waiting till fall next year. I can get Titanfall on my PC or 360, same for project Spark. Forza 5 looks great and I hate missing out on it, but Driveclub and GT6 will keep me busy for now. I'm still really skeptical of Killer Instinct, not holding to much hope for it (yes, it does look good so far but the developer's history isn't really assuring). Honestly, I wish MS would have some better games, something we can't get anywhere else. Heck, I'm looking forward to Halo 5 but after Halo 4, I don't think I have enough confidence in the series to buy the console just for it. So really, I don't get why MS expects us to buy their machine at this point. Or at least, they haven't done a good job of it, especially with KZSF and Infamous Second Son (surprisingly) looking so amazing. MS needs to step up their game or am I missing something here?

You're missing something here.

Crysis is one of the best shooters ever made, in many of our books. Crysis 2 and 3 are solid as well. Come on.

This post is pretty true. It is just sad that they changed their design and company vision post Crysis 1.

They seem to have a huge disconnect with what gamers who bought their game (far cry1 and crysis 1) actually want.

Ryse is a gameplay abomination and seems to have none of the redeeming features that C2 or C3 had even though they were not as good as C1.

Gaming Age, EGM, Gamespot, IGN, Gamespy, and Play are neither 'plaform exclusive reviews' nor 'less reliable sites.'

I'm still not sure you understand what 'hyperbole' means, which is what this has all been about.

But then again you've used the word terrible in five out of five posts. So I think you've proven my point.

5 of the 6 you mention are hardly known for their reliable reviews. As for hyperbole, my saying HS and Lair are terrible isn't hyperbole. It's fact.

Just as some would consider something like Deadly Premonition terrible, I personally don't believe it and consider it one of the best experiences I've had this generation, but I can fully understand why some people would hold the view the game is terrible.

The fact that you can't accept some consider the two games to be terrible tells me that you're not open to accepting any criticism towards those games at all and thus have no place in calling anyone else out over being hyperbolic or not knowing what the word means.

I mean your initial response to this back and forth was essentially defending those games against someone comparing them to Ryse and you have the nerve to call someone else out over being hyperbolic.

Jesus.

gaming_noob

Very telling when Ryan McCaffery's coworkers are calling him out on his Ryse article. McCaffery has lost all credibility.

Liha

Banned
Don't forget Far Cry, but yes, you're absolutely right that Crysis 1 is one of the best shooters ever made.

What? The jungle in Crysis 1 was soulless? What the fuck does that even mean?

The jungle is a part of the graphic for me. Soulless for me is the north korea fraction, squad members and escpecially the part from the alien ship. The alien ship had a huge potential but Crytek failed.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This seems to be the most casual title I've ever seen. At least, Imagine Babyz do require to click other buttons, and also to do different things.

Very telling when Ryan McCaffery's coworkers are calling him out on his Ryse article. McCaffery has lost all credibility.

Let's be honest, he's worked at OXM for better part of his and he's just giving the game the benefit of the doubt.
Also, didn't he play the single player with MP? But I could be completely wrong.

"Remember Microsoft's AAA"?
lulz

edit.:
beaten by beast786

New "Wallguy" confirmed!

That's nice of Microsoft, I've always wanted a proper definition for the term "AAA". I guess it refers to how much you need to mash the A button per second.

So much variety and complexity. I'm at 2.329257539280832e+33, and I'm going on and on. Awesome demo, so perfectly representative of the game itself!

Don't forget to also dodge. You get 2.32873486532e+11 less points if you don't dodge. You dodge by pressing A btw.

Top Bottom