• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-Time Animal Crossing Music

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm it seems like it doesn't start automatically, I have to click the icon before it starts.

Brofield

Anyone else here use this Animal Crossing Music chrome extension? How can we ask the developer to update it by adding the New Leaf music?

If there was ever a good reason to bump this thread...

Thank you. Damn, I forgot how chill this sounded. Really wish Nintendo gave this a more orchestral feel, or more electronic lo-fi...not this middling MIDI crap.

co1onel

I remember looking for something exactly of this nature a couple years ago. Thanks so much for pointing this out now.

blazescorch2

Neo Member
-Blazescorch2-
Hello - I have updated the Animal Crossing Music extension with the New Leaf and New Leaf (Snowing) music. I did this awhile back when the songs were just being ripped, so they aren't 100% best quality (some walking in them, but not sound-breaking). I also fixed the looping of some of the previous songs so that the restart isn't so noticeable.

I will give the link. To install it, all you have to do is:
1.) For Win7, go to C:\Users\*UserName*\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions (for other versions of Windows, this discussion has info: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/6EVtjeaWObs)
2.) Find the Animal Crossing Music extension folder (mine is named ldjcaihhhmemeidcfbcadilcmfdaikkg.... just open each folder and look for a folder named 1.8_0)
3.) Delete the 1.8_0 folder and replace it with the one in the zip
4.) Reload Chrome, make sure the extension is enabled, and use it like normal
5.) ????
6.) Profit!

For the developer - I don't mind if you use this update for your Chrome extension and put it in the Chrome Web Store online =)

Download link -
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45685521/Animal Crossing Music Extension 1.8_0 Update.rar

Recently noticed an update to the Chrome app, but saving is broken. :/

But I'm loving te ideas implemented so far! :) (We just need that way to save options and we'll be golden!)

upandaway

Man why did no one tell me about this update

Update 2.6 (Aug 10, 2014):
- Settings page should now be fixed, and by fixed I mean massively upgraded to use a similar style to Chrome's own settings page. Settings will also now sync across Chrome installations.
- New icon with Totakeke himself (also there to imply that K.K. songs are now supported in the extension.)
- Updated desktop notification code with a new, more eye-pleasing icon.

It finally works now! Without settings it was stuck at GC music

Yarbskoo

Wow, this is actually really cool. I don't know how long I'll actually listen to it, but it's a neat idea.

EDIT: Also really old apparently.

Top Bottom