• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

40 Games Greenlit (Gunman Clive, Little Racers, Paradise Lost, Smooth Operators)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=193189432

9.03m
Black Gold Online
Bollywood Wannabe
Bot Colony
C-RUSH
Castle In The Darkness
Chuck's Challenge 3D (ie Chip's Challenge sequel)
CLANG
Crimsonland
The Dark Phantom
Death Road
Freedom Fall
Grimind
Gunman Clive (made by GAFfer beril, congratulations!)
Harvest
Hypovolemia
Kopatel Online
NaissanceE
Liege
Little Racers STREET
Liquid Rhythm Intro
Lords of Discord
Lords of Xulima
Ludwig
MechKnight Chronicles: Knightfall
Motor Rock
ORBITOR
Paradise Lost: First Contact
Pixel Boy
- Ratz Instagib -
RaySupreme 3D
Smooth Operators
Sokobond
Stick 'Em Up 2
Super Chain Crusher Horizon
The Tale of ALLTYNEX
Toki Remake (lol like this actually exists)
Undead Overlord
Wheels of Destruction
Wilson Chronicles

Congrats to all, and if any other GAFfer worked on one of these projects I'd be happy to highlight it.

Blizzard

Banned
Too bad Beril already expressed disinterest in even preparing the game for Steam at this point.
Do you have a link for this? I dug around but couldn't find them saying that.

I did find this:
After the latest batch of greenlights Gunman Clive is in the top 100 (#88 right now), so maybe there's actually a chance it will get through eventually if valve keeps up this pace. If you don't think it looks terrible and haven't voted already, please do (or just but the 3DS version). Though honestly I'm not particularly excited about updating the PC version and going through yet another launch of the same game, which feels rather old at this point.
Do you mind making your total number of yes votes public? The #3 game right now is at 15,350 and making your game (on the lower end of the top 100)'s numbers public would give us a good sense of the range.
sure I don't mind. right now it's at 10,678 votes

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats Beril! I have the 3DS version and will gladly recommend it. It's a western mega-manesque with awesome bosses, impressive artwork and solid gameplay.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Do you have a link for this? I dug around but couldn't find them saying that.

I did find this:

You linked it: "Though honestly I'm not particularly excited about updating the PC version and going through yet another launch of the same game, which feels rather old at this point."

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Are the bold ones extra green-lit?

Typically when I do threads for this stuff I try to highlight some of the games I can personally vouch for or that I think are particularly notable. Obviously at this juncture most of what's being greenlit is smaller and a little niche so I guess to some extent it's not representative of anything more objective than the opinion of the OP.

Lingitiz

Valve needs to get better at rejecting stuff that won't release like CLANG, but overall I'm liking the new rate at which stuff is being greenlit.

beril

Hooray for Gunman Clive
Chip's Challenge sequel? Sign me up!

And congrats, beril!
Congrats beril !!!!

I will double, triple dip....or whatever. Amazing game!!
Congrats Beril! I have the 3DS version and will gladly recommend it. It's a western mega-manesque with awesome bosses, impressive artwork and solid gameplay.
Congrats to beril! That is an awesome game.
Thanks guys!

Too bad Beril already expressed disinterest in even preparing the game for Steam at this point.

Of course I'll release it. I'll try to get the Steam version done as soon as possible, but yeah I'm not really that hyped for the release anymore, but it'll be interesting to finally be able to see first hand how Steam compares to other platforms at least

randomkid

Every time Stump posts these threads I keep thinking Qasir will finally make it. I guess "Indiecade Finalist 2012" is meaningless to those Steam curator dudes?

Vote totals aren't public right? I just want some indication Qasir's on the cusp or if it's time to give up hope entirely.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Every time Stump posts these threads I keep thinking Qasir will finally make it. I guess "Indiecade Finalist 2012" is meaningless to those Steam curator dudes?

Vote totals aren't public right? I just want some indication Qasir's on the cusp or if it's time to give up hope entirely.

If you ask them they could report back how close they are.

The top of the voting charts right now is somewhere between 13k and 15k yes votes, while the #100 mark is around 10k yes votes. So I think it's fair to say that 13k is about the number you need to get greenlit if Valve doesn't help you jump the line because of awards or whatever earlier than that.

Developers get their number of votes (which they can choose to make public) along with a percentage of the way towards being #100 they are. Once they hit #100 they get their ranking instead. And there's a comparative graph showing vote curves of #100, #25, #10, #5, and your game to help see whether you're catching up or you'll need to get the people above you greenlit to move up.

randomkid

If you ask them they could report back how close they are.

The top of the voting charts right now is somewhere between 13k and 15k yes votes, while the #100 mark is around 10k yes votes. So I think it's fair to say that 13k is about the number you need to get greenlit if Valve doesn't help you jump the line because of awards or whatever earlier than that.

Developers get their number of votes (which they can choose to make public) along with a percentage of the way towards being #100 they are. Once they hit #100 they get their ranking instead. And there's a comparative graph showing vote curves of #100, #25, #10, #5, and your game to help see whether you're catching up or you'll need to get the people above you greenlit to move up.

I was gonna be all, I don't speak Portuguese!! but their twitter account seems to be mostly in English. Unfortunately it also seems to be mostly defunct and I don't see any evidence that they care about the game any more. Kinda weird that something with such universal praise and a generous demo (from the tiny number of people who tried it out) could fall so completely off the radar. I can't see any possibility that this game is anywhere near the vote threshold so it'll take an act of Valve to save it from obscurity.

Cronox

Banned
A little disappointed that Marvin's Mittens still hasn't been greenlit. Would have been great for the holiday season.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Games that have been in bundles, as per the IGBW:

Bollywood Wannabe
- The Debut 4 Bundle (Indie Royale)

Freedom Fall
- Build a Bundle 6 (Groupees)

Grimind
- Build a Greenlight Bundle 2 (Groupees)
- Kiss 2 (Groupees)
- Kiss 2 Reloaded (Groupees)

Gunman Clive
- Green Light Bundle
- The Debut Bundle (Indie Royale)

Little Racers Street
- Build a Greenlight Bundle 2 (Groupees)
- The Indie Game Chick Bundle (Indie Royale)

Smooth Operators
- Get Loaded: Indie Edition (Get Games)
- Indie Gala 9
- Retro Groupee
- The Hasty Yet Heroic Majeyal Space Operator Bundle (GamersGate)
- The Indie Chick Bundle (Indie Royale)

The Tale of Alltynex
- Let's Build a Doujin Bundle 2!* (Groupees)
- Indie Gala October**
* Kamui only
** Reflex only

Edit: Removed "currently available" label; bundle has since expired.

hymanator

I'm really excited to see that Motor Rock made the list. It's an awesome looking Rock n' Roll Racing tribute/remake. Can't wait until it's finished, definitely one of my favorite games on the SNES.

ArjanN

Thanks guys!

Of course I'll release it. I'll try to get the Steam version done as soon as possible, but yeah I'm not really that hyped for the release anymore, but it'll be interesting to finally be able to see first hand how Steam compares to other platforms at least

Not going to lie, I'm going to miss Beril being super salty about Greenlight a little bit. :p

Congrats.

beril

Not going to lie, I'm going to miss Beril being super salty about Greenlight a little bit. :p

Congrats.

I still think it's a shitty system. Even though they've vastly increased the number of games that gets accepted and you don't need that many votes anymore, it's still not a very good way to handle it.

Top Bottom