• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know how to multi-quote so to Lain and Grief, I played FF14, got to end game, got bored as with every mmo :) Ideally Wildstar would be out, but its not so :(

FF14 is / was indeed very good tho. Im thinking of just ponying up cash for a new hero in Marvel, I really liked that on release and its supposed to be a lot better now

How to multi-quote : Click quote - Copy everything - Go back - Click the other one you wanna quote - Past everything in it under the first quote

Edit: Too late.

Jame Retief

Neo Member
PZKgeq1.gif

I thought you were giving away a Brutal Legend key:

No, not really

Caerith

I dont know how to multi-quote so to Lain and Grief, I played FF14, got to end game, got bored as with every mmo :) Ideally Wildstar would be out, but its not so :(

FF14 is / was indeed very good tho. Im thinking of just ponying up cash for a new hero in Marvel, I really liked that on release and its supposed to be a lot better now
I did the same with FF14. It was an enjoyable two weeks. Game has a lot of issues that even Yoshi-P couldn't fix, though.

Click the + button next to the Quote link. Annoyingly, submitting the reply doesn't automatically deselect the posts, so you have to either do so manually (click the button again) or go to reply in a different thread, at which point you'll be given the option as they're not relevant to the thread.
It does deselect posts if you click Quote on the last post you're multi-quoting. Like, I clicked + on Rhaknar's just now and Quote on yours. I think it only doesn't deselect if you hit Post Reply?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It does deselect posts if you click Quote on the last post you're multi-quoting. Like, I clicked + on Rhaknar's just now and Quote on yours. I think it only doesn't deselect if you hit Post Reply?

Ah, I can't believe I've never picked up on that, haha.

Wok

Ah, I can't believe I've never picked up on that, haha.

Testing the multi-quote and the new trick. I cannot believe I have never noticed this "plus" symbol and always does the mult-quote by hand.

Edit: Here, when I click "post reply" and do reply, everything is unselected afterwards. The behavior is not the same as the ones you two describe. I am using Firefox 26.

JaseC

Testing the multi-quote and the new trick. I cannot believe I have never noticed this "plus" symbol and always does the mult-quote by hand.

Edit: Here, when I click "post reply" and do reply, everything is unselected afterwards. The behavior is not the same as the ones you two describe. I am using Firefox 26.

Ah, maybe it was a bug that's been fixed, then.

Haha, I missed the boat on the games way back when so I couldn't be more excited. I didn't think my e-mail would actually set something in motion -- I just wanted to be able to say, "Well, at least I tried." With Anno 1404 almost out of the way, I think I'd faint if I caught the King Kong and Tintin apps being updated. :p The former seems more likely to me than the latter as Ubi could just dump the DRM-free build on Steam and call it a day whereas Tintin, being a Uplay game, would need its own individualised instance of the client a la the more recent AssCreed games and presumably that requires a fair bit of work. Needles to say, though, I'd buy both in a heartbeat.

What was it that you wrote them and how did they reply?

Caerith

Ah, maybe it was a bug that's been fixed, then.

Hard to say. I haven't clicked "post reply" in a long time, but then I haven't had to deselect stuff in a long time either.

Edit: but yeah works fine in Chrome now.

JaseC

What was it that you wrote them and how did they reply?

I'll see if I can dig up the support ticket, but basically I just asked for Ubi to do something about the dusty King Kong and Tintin apps, as well as Anno 1404's outdated and somewhat broken build, explaining that there are many others like myself who'd buy them on Steam just for the simple convenience of having them on Steam; also, since I submitted the message as "General Feedback" for Anno 1404, at the end I politely requested that the e-mail be sent to the relevant departments (if the Black Flag retroactive region lock fiasco proved anything it's that there is a ton of red tape within Ubi). The response I received simply said that the message had been sent (to paraphrase) "through the relevant channels".

Edit:
Me said:
Hi,

I would like to see Ubisoft do something with the Tintin and King Kong apps that have been collecting dust in the Steam registry for quite a long time now (see http://steamdb.info/app/202330/ and http://steamdb.info/app/209910/). It would also be nice if you guys finally offered Valve the patches for Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery so the game could once again be sold on Steam -- they were pulled because of the buggy save system that was present in earlier versions; as there are two separate apps that need to be maintained (Anno for the US and Dawn of Discovery for Europe), nobody at Ubisoft ever bothered and due to complaints, the game was pulled from sale. Addressing the latter is arguably easier than the former since it's literally just a matter of updating the builds that already exist on Steam, whereas with Tintin and King Kong there's also the matter of creating store pages.

There are many others like me who would buy the Steam versions of the aforementioned games simply because they're on Steam and ignoring the service as far as those titles are concerned isn't exactly financially prudent. I realise I'm just going to get a canned response, but if you could nonetheless forward these concerns to the relevant people, that would be great.

Thanks.
Peter said:
Thank you for reporting this issue. I have sent this along through the appropriate channels for processing.

Anno 1404 received its currently-password-locked beta update five weeks later, while King Kong and Tintin are still as motionless as ever.

wilflare

I'll see if I can dig up the support ticket, but basically I just asked for Ubi to do something about the dusty King Kong and Tintin apps, as well as Anno 1404's outdated and somewhat broken build, explaining that there are many others like myself who'd buy them on Steam just for the simple convenience of having them on Steam; also, since I submitted the message as "General Feedback" for Anno 1404, at the end I politely requested that the e-mail be sent to the relevant departments (if the Black Flag retroactive region lock fiasco proved anything it's that there is a ton of red tape within Ubi). The response I received simply said that the message had been sent (to paraphrase) "through the relevant channels".

I hope they have a Ubisoft rep on twitter to make that easier.

GAF should really bring back the last unread post for the desktop pages.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Marvel Heroes Gaf needs to wake up, Im not sure what to do :(

Anteater

I did the same with FF14. It was an enjoyable two weeks. Game has a lot of issues that even Yoshi-P couldn't fix, though.

I didn't like all the fate grinding in ff14, I liked the dungeons and bosses but didn't really want to spam them to level up either, so I got 2 jobs to 50 and quit, and plus, the subscription money could get me like 2 games and I'd rather play those instead, lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
When it comes to splinters and you have less than 3 Heroes... go buy a random with that splinters.

was real money related... somehow i had 650g in my account, did they hand out Gs when I was away? Ended up buying 500g for 4euros and bought Emma Frost, the mind control gimmick is kinda smart, I assume that you cant MC bosses (didnt work on Black Cat at least), but you can MC those clones that spawn during Mr.Sinister fight, and everyone MCs the cyclops clone for the emma/cyke pairing? :p

Also the game doesnt start in that prison level thing anymore? it just dumped me in some bank robbery mission

edit: Emma Frost's mind control is hilarious, think im happy with my purchase

kulapik

Reminder:
ModBot said:
Instructions for kulapik:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Skulls of the Shogun #1 -- MB-3D9A7C68AE7C1CB3
Skulls of the Shogun #2 -- MB-04DA484ED3DA3085

t1388964583z1.png

Arthea

I know, I'm very late to this discussion, just wanted to say that steamgaf GOTY voting in jan or feb, after winter sale, would make much more sense.

Peachpies

a few things left from the steam sale
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

valdis story abyssal city -- MB-E7FF157B2A658DB1 - Taken by Deques. 33 entrants total.
Legend of grimrock -- MB-ACB313C40DA23337 - Taken by Camel Master. 11 entrants total.
bioshock infinite season pass (dlc) -- MB-0DC529822D5D8946 - Taken by Wok. 15 entrants total.

t1388933916z1.png

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I know, I'm very late to this discussion, just wanted to say that steamgaf GOTY voting in jan or feb, after winter sale, would make much more sense.
To add to this, I wonder if there's a way that modbot could accept people's votes? It could work in a similar way to how raffles work now by collating all the entries, although it's probably require a lot more work than is worthwhile to sort through them afterwards. Just a thought on how it could be less time consuming for whoever' doing the vote counting (but more effort for stump I suppose). At the least it could accept 5 lines with a game on each, then just send the full list of votes with rankings to whoever compiles it?

Danielsan

It isn't much, but hopefully I can make someone happy with this. :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Q.U.B.E -- MB-2B3CC7057239F101

t1388935222z1.png

Anyone ever had this happen to them before on Amazon?

AnXuhFq.png

I've revised my payment method thrice now and it should be working just fine. They said it would only take a few hours.

JaseC

AnXuhFq.png

I've revised my payment method thrice now and it should be working just fine. They said it would only take a few hours.

Are you sure your bank didn't block the transactions? If it's a debit card I'd also ensure you have enough money in the source account.

Anyone want a Project Spark beta key? It requires Windows 8.1. but it might be fun? Maybe?

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Project Spark beta key (requires Windows 8.1) -- MB-45157FADE0E52707 - Taken by wilflare

Terra_Ex

AnXuhFq.png

Your credit card company may have flagged your card for potential suspicious activity, which prevents payment from going through. If this is the case you'll need to call your bank. Multiple small purchases over a short period of time that are outside your usual spending patterns tend to trigger this.

ngt

I had this last year, my bank blocked the transactions. Had to ring them to sort it.

AnXuhFq.png

Tizoc

lol, Bioshock Infinite is like 6 GB on PSN, but PC ver. appears to be 18 GB without the Season Pass and patches.

Rhaknar

Marvel Heroes might be satisfying my thirst for leveling, im not sure yet... 2 horus have flown by tho, thats usually a good sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom