• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Two, Part One - Sundays on AMC

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

With its first season ranking as the highest-rated in cable TV history, 'Fear the Walking Dead' returns for a second round on Sunday, April 10 at 9/8c. This season promises to depict something rarely seen in zombie fiction - what happens when the survivors of a zombie apocalypse take to the high seas.

The second season will consist of 15 x 60 minute episodes. The first 7 episodes will air this spring and the last 8 will air later this summer.

AMC said:
About the Show

Living in the same universe as The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead is a gritty drama that explores the onset of the undead apocalypse through the lens of a fractured family. The series returns at sea, aboard the Abigail. The group is unaware of the true breadth of the apocalypse; they assume there still a chance that some city, state, or nation might be unaffected, some place where Infection has not hit. Abandoning land, Madison, Travis and Daniel gather their grieving families for ports unknown. But the respite of Strand's ocean-side home is short-lived. They will discover that the water may be no safer than land.

Cast

]

• The pressure of survival brings clarity for Madison Clark and she is quick to make the hard choices that will keep her family alive. The outbreak reveals a past to Madison that she had tried to bury. Now, in this new world, she can’t hide who she really is.
  • For years, Alicia Clark has watched her older brother Nick sink deeper into his addiction, and she is close to giving up on him when the apocalypse hits. Her ambition is in direct proportion to her brother's screw ups. She loves her mother, empathizes, but it's time to do for herself – time to escape.
  • When we first meet Nick Clark, we meet a young man at a crossroads. Nick wants to prove he can rebuild his life – and the apocalypse may provide him an ironic opportunity to do so.
  • Call him Victor because he never loses. As he did with Nick, Victor Strand is evaluating which of his newfound “crew” will serve him best in the New World. Strand is an expert in defining new currency. It’s his boat -- but he needs labor and support. Will he share his end game with the rest of the group?

• As the group’s patriarch, Travis Manawa is protective, pragmatic and resolute in his conviction that anything can be fixed. Travis wrestles with the challenge of blending a family — a challenge that is exacerbated by a new, unforeseen chaos.
  • Christopher Manawa is a rebellious teenager with a cause. He has both his father’s do-good attitude and his mother’s edge. He resents his father’s insistence on bringing the two families closer because he wants nothing more than to break away from the Clarks and be his father’s sole priority.
  • When people began rising from the dead, Daniel Salazar, a former refugee from El Salvador, reverts to the man he once was, a man who will do anything to ensure the survival of his family.
  • Ofelia Salazar is quick-witted, devoted and always ready to stand up for what she believes in. When faced with the apocalypse, Ofelia clashes with her father Daniel's opinions on the best course of action -- identities are about to shift.

Videos

Links

Promo Photos

pwoeAAJ.jpg

UfKcII9.jpg

tGLrjFF.jpg

Ratings

Season One:

Episode 1: 10.1 million viewers and a 4.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 8.2 million viewers and a 4.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 7.2 million viewers and a 3.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 6.6 million viewers and a 3.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 6.7 million viewers and a 3.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 6.9 million viewers and a 3.4 A18-49 rating

Season Two:

Episode 1: 6.7 million viewers and a 3.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 5.6 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 4.7 million viewers and a 2.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 4.8 million viewers and a 2.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 4.4 million viewers and a 2.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 4.5 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 7: 4.4 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating

Anon67

Looking forward to S2. I'm happy that we are finally through S6 of TWD since it wasn't much different compared to other seasons IMO. Same old stuff. FTWD S1 had its flaws, sure, but I really enjoyed it given its fresh new take on the Walking Dead universe and its new cast. Hopefully S2 is great but I won't keep my hopes up too high. :)

Great OT btw.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Madison is going to be this show's Carol. She has ice water in her veins. In for Victor Strand and Alicia.

Season 1 had some issues, but I enjoyed the ride. Hopefully the pacing holds up since Season 2 is going to be nearly 3x as long.

EDIT: oh they're doing a mid season break for this? So it might last until when the main series about to come back. Nice.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
EDIT: oh they're doing a mid season break for this? So it might last until when the main series about to come back. Nice.

I'm pretty sure AMC's plans are:

15 weeks of The Walking Dead Universe in the first half of the year (8 weeks of TWD followed by 7 of FtWD)

~ summer ~

16 weeks of The Walking Dead Universe in the second half of the year (8 weeks of FtWD followed by 8 of TWD)

I'm guessing season 2 pt 2 will start up again around the same time as when the first season aired last year - around August 21 (season one started on the 23rd of August).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Madison is going to be this show's Carol.

lol. If she is, she's gonna have to step up, senpai. Because right now Daniel is that person and should be given his backstory.

Saya

I'll watch this. I thought season 1 picked up towards the end. But I kind of forgot what happened, though. So they'll cruise along the west coast this season?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
lol. If she is, she's gonna have to step up, senpai. Because right now Daniel is that person and should be given his backstory.

True. Daniel is already in survival mode. I haven't always agreed with what his character has done, but given his background it makes sense. And he was right a lot. Shane 2.0 haha

I will watch it, but that is only because of the Walking Dead name. The whole cast is really unlikeable and I don't have a favorite between any of them. Not to mention the whole "On a boat" thing kind of makes me think of budget cuts in the way that they aren't paying for a lot of different sets or locations.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I wasn't a fan of the first season at all, but I'm still gonna watch this anyway. lol

It just seems really cheap and given the fact that this is AMC's "B" tier should compared to the Walking Dead I wouldn't out it past them.

If they go off the boat a lot I can understand it, but if they have 2-3 episodes solely focused on them all being on the boat making small talk then that would feel like filler episodes to the max and that's what I am worried this boat setting will be about.

Grizzlyjin

If it's not the Asian chick I'll be very disappointed. Just watched in full. Was a nice little one shot.

It has to be, she was the only capable character in those shorts. The kid helped a little bit too. I wouldn't be opposed to it being both of them, actually.

Wait, part one?

15 episode season, eh? I enjoyed the first season, but it dragged after just six episodes, how on earth are they going to drag this out over 16 episodes without if feeling like a chore to watch?

CryptiK

Wait, part one?

15 episode season, eh? I enjoyed the first season, but it dragged after just six episodes, how on earth are they going to drag this out over 16 episodes without if feeling like a chore to watch?
By splitting it into two mini-seasons. Just watched Flight 462 Asian chick seems to know a lot.

Ah yes, excited to see my favorite James Franco lookalike return to TV.

Also, are they ever going to air the plane special on TV like they said they would a few months back? I know they're all online, but I don't really like watching them piecemeal.

someday

Banned
If it is the Asian woman, she's already my favorite character on the show. Daniel is great but the monologuing was way too heavy-handed after the third time.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Ah yes, excited to see my favorite James Franco lookalike return to TV.

He reminds me of Johnny Depp from Benny and Joon. It's a bit uncanny tbh, even in the mannerisms. So instantly I must root for him.

Definitely more young Depp than Franco. He's charismatic without the underlying douche tones. I like Franco, but he's got douche tones.

therapist

Ehhh i watched the first season so ill give it a chance

The premise of being on a boat sounds horrifically boring for a zombie show

LowerLevel

I'm curious to see Salizar's, Victor's and the Asian woman's backstories. Three different type of survivors all together should be interesting. Have a feeling Victor ane the Asian woman will butt heads a lot! That, or fall for each other...

Ehhh i watched the first season so ill give it a chance

The premise of being on a boat sounds horrifically boring for a zombie show

It makes the most sense of like, any action that you could take though...I'd take that boat all the way to some atoll somewhere in the Pacific.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I just watched the airplane short. I thought it was decent - better than the 3 web series they did for The Walking Dead, and not just because the events depicted will actually have some bearing on the show. The Asian woman will obviously be the one who joins the cast of Fear the Walking Dead, but given the "blended family" theme, I expect the boy to survive too, eventually becoming a son to her.

I just watched the airplane short. I thought it was decent - better than the 3 web series they did for The Walking Dead, and not just because the events depicted will actually have some bearing on the show. The Asian woman will obviously be the one who joins the cast of Fear the Walking Dead, but given the "blended family" theme, I expect the boy to survive too, eventually becoming a son to her.

Given how close in age they are he could be more like a little brother. I haven't seen mention of him at any Walker Stalker cons though...

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Given how close in age they are he could be more like a little brother. I haven't seen mention of him at any Walker Stalker cons though...

Hmm, that's true. The only reason I suggested she become his new mom (instead of his big sister) is because they made a big deal about him leaving his behind, not to mention that she showed regret over taking the last seat which would have gone to his mom if not for her.

Hmm, that's true. The only reason I suggested she become his new mom (instead of his big sister) is because they made a big deal about him leaving his behind, not to mention that she showed regret over taking the last seat which would have gone to his mom if not for her.

Guess we'll have to wait and see if he joins his mom or the main cast. :)

I'm rooting for the Asian lady cause she's ready.

He reminds me of Johnny Depp from Benny and Joon. It's a bit uncanny tbh, even in the mannerisms. So instantly I must root for him.

Definitely more young Depp than Franco. He's charismatic without the underlying douche tones. I like Franco, but he's got douche tones.

Ah I totally see Depp's mannerisms now. Still physically looks like a Franco brother to me though. :)

Second post of the OP, brah. All 16 minisodes combined into one episode.

Must've read right over it. Thanks!

ofelia and alicia are really attractive, but the walkin dead season finale pissed me off enough that i'll take a pass on the spinoff. aside from more of the origin story of this virus, and the different aesthetic, i really don't care about this.

but, i ain't rainin on the parade for those of you that do! =]

Top Bottom