• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Twitter teases PS4 Pro after revealing

MauroNL

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/773608657007280128

xboxtwitterebxn2.png

Posted right after the conference ended. Can't be a coincidence.

Kibbles

UHD Drive and $100 cheaper.

Blows my mind Sony is trying to market a 4k console that doesn't even play 4k Blurays.

Looks like I'll be getting a Xbone S.

zsynqx

Lol can't blame them. Sony were vicious when MS were fucking up.

Not sure I agree with Greatest games comment though :p

GHG

Gold Member
Greatest games?

Why is it then that the only games I've bought in 2 years on my Xbox one are the Forza games?

Pretty silly comparing your slim model against a significantly more powerful one. I mean, if all you wanted to do was stream 4K and play UHD Blu-rays, you wouldn't spend $400 on a PS4 Pro anyways. You'd get the cheapest thing possible.

"Greatest Games" is entirely subjective, unless they're talking about technical aspects, in which case....

All in all, I think the PS4 Pro is a better value proposition than the XB1S - £50 difference in the UK for 1TB models - even if the lack of UHD Blu-ray drive is a curious missing feature.

BigEmil

Standard PS4 are getting HDR for free now.

You should've done the same from the beginning MS instead of forcing the OG Xbone owners to buy a Slim.

TheJoRu

Uhh...I mean, obviously the timing is because of the Playstation Meeting, but it's more of a "hey, we have a console available now with these features you heard about from Playstation that you might want to consider" than teasing.

And lol at the people reacting to "greatest games" as if that's not something that every single company says regarding their platform.

Moofers

"Greatest games"

Girls.png

Greatest games LMAO. Just stay quiet Microsoft.

Find me a better fighter this gen than Killer Instinct. You could make some arguments, but KI is in the running.

Find me a better online shooter that is PS4 exclusive. Halo 5 is pretty damn good and Gears 4 is looking phenomenal.

Forza Horizon is just around the corner. Where's Gran Turismo again?

They got some legs to stand on with that comment. No doubt about it. You can debate it, but you can't just dismiss it.

Cels

Pretty silly comparing your slim model against a significantly more powerful one. I mean, if all you wanted to do was stream 4K and play UHD Blu-rays, you wouldn't spend $400 on a PS4 Pro anyways. You'd get the cheapest thing possible.

the cheapest UHD bluray is an XB1S at $300...

weekev

Banned
If you asked Sony and Microsoft which reveal they would have preferred to go well PS4 vs Xbox 1 or PS4 pro vs Xbox Scorpio I wonder what they would say.

Bravo to Microsoft for managing to release the best new console, I hope they have learned their lessons from the XB1 launch and next gen both release amazing consumer friendly consoles.

SebastianM

Oh cmon MS, XBS is a nice improvement and all but lets face it, almost all of its games are sub 1080p, COD (which is likely to be the best seller this holiday season) sure as hell will.

Top Bottom