• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's getting Persona 5 on Switch (assuming it comes for it)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realeza

Banned
This seems like a no-brainer to me. While it hasn't been confirmed, Atlus and Nintendo have a very strong relationship, so chances of P5 coming for Switch seem high. This is a great thing since I can't think of many games that would work better as portable / home hybrids than Persona.

Take the game with you for grinding and persona fusing, and plug it in to your TV whenever you want to experience in more detail the flashy visuals and crazy story.

I'd get the Switch version of P5 day one, even if it comes later than the other versions. Who has considered doing the same?

Atlus showing support, and even hints of their desire to introduce the Persona franchise to the Nintendo audience:

3145549-2308564987-CvN3K.jpg

246.jpg

I think you're jumping the gun a bit there cowboy. However if it does come out at the same time as the PS4 version and it isn't noticeably downgraded I will "switch" my preorder to the Switch.

I will buy P5 on anything and everything, and ATLUS really has nowhere else to put the inevitable expanded portable version.

It'll happen.

If it is officially announced and isn't releasing a year after the PS4 release I will commit to buying it on the Switch

I want to support third-party Nintendo efforts

Realeza

Banned
Is there any reason why this wouldn't happen? Atlus already released a Persona game for a Nintendo system, and porting P5 to the Switch doesn't seem like it would be too hard.

PSqueak

Banned
Well, that would depend how good it looks on the platform, if it looks better than in the PS4, then yes, otherwise, that's one of the games i got a PS4 for.

True Fire

I guarantee that Persona 5 Switch is not going to happen.

Even SMT 5 on the Switch is up in the air right now--if they're going to use high res P5 assets instead of gross 2D assets, why wouldn't they release on PS4?

redlemon

Not unless it comes out near the english release because thier is no way in hell that I'm waiting any longer than I have to go play it.

brinstar

I would rather have a hypothetical P5 on Switch for the portability sure, but there's no hint towards this and now I'm sad cause I'm pretty sure it's not happening :(

Is there any reason why this wouldn't happen? Atlus already released a Persona game for a Nintendo system, and porting P5 to the Switch doesn't seem like it would be too hard.

The only reason I can think of as to why not is that mainline Persona games have stayed exclusively within the Sony ecosystem.

But Q does suggest they're interested in introducing the Nintendo audience to Persona.

Trace

Banned

No mainline Persona game has ever come to a non-Sony platform outside of a Windows port of the original Persona, so who knows there might be a contract behind the scenes for Playstation exclusivity.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Would make me very happy - need Persona portable after playing it on Vita, cant justify +80 hours on consoles games ( but i would do it for P5 if needed).

Though this Topic is more or less Switch port-begging the thread...lol.
wouldn't that mean severe downgrading of specs compared to ps4?

No - P5 could easily run on WiiU.
No mainline Persona game has ever come to a non-Sony platform outside of a Windows port of the original Persona, so who knows there might be a contract behind the scenes for Playstation exclusivity.

Doubt there is a contract in place - its just that the fanbase owns PS Systems so the need to port it other systems wasnt there.
Well..and limited resources.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'll get Persona 5 on the Ouya assuming it comes out for it.

wouldn't that mean severe downgrading of specs compared to ps4?

Persona 5 started as a PS3 game, it's still getting a PS3 release in the US and EU. Switch should easily (hopefully) be able to match it.

Even in the unlikely event it gets a port, it's yet more unlikely they'll add enough new content to justify a second purchase. It wouldn't necessarily be a bad get for Nintendo, though.

silva1991

They didn't release P3 and P4Golden to 3DS even though it could have run the games easily. That's why I'm not expecting P5 on Switch.

Atlus just doesn't seem to like release mainline Persona games to other than Playstation systems and only Atlus knows why.

I've never heard a solid reason why not.

Persona series has a large handheld fanbase and every single game in the series has been released on handhelds. Persona Q has shown that the fanbase exists on Nintendo hardware. Knowing the state of consoles VS handhelds in Japan, it makes more sense to expand your reach.

Unless Sony releases a successor to the Vita, I don't see what's stopping an eventual Persona 5 Crimson or whatever from being on the Switch.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nope, I'm getting it on the PS4 because I own the superior console it's actually coming out on.

If this were about to happen....Switch version would be the superior one tbh. Graphics wont be an issue - but being able to play it on the Go and TV would be a big win. Switch is the perfect system for this type of games - since CrossBuy never was supported from japanese 3rdPartys w. PS4/PSV releases.

barybll

Banned
Jumping the gun.
Im not expecting persona(main line) on switch

If it comes out its okay, but I dont expect it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom