• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn – End of an Era

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
We finally got here!

news-story-15.jpg

Witness the end of an era as the Eorzean Alliance clashes with the Garlean Empire in a bid to deliver the realm from certain destruction.
The saga will continue in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.
http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com

edit. here's some serious CG epicness brought to you by Visual Works' masters!

FFXIV Ending by Visual Works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqL3-n2-3J4&feature=g-all-u

Toth

What an ending. Taking part in the fight was fun though. For those new to the game, just consider this the intro to any normal FF. It has the same epic feeling.

Shamdeo

Glad to be a part of it, end event was fun (while I was logged in).

Glad to move on, too.

A Realm Reborn will be awesome. :D

Toth

So what is the whole story on this? Every character is killed off and the world is reborn?

Heroes were sent to the future for unknown reason, Bahamut is somehow defeated / contained, and the world rebuilds from the catastrophe. All the main players of the game will be back in the same roles, though I think...5 years will have passed.

Allard

So how radically different is the new FF14? Is the world map changed?

Overworld map is getting destroyed with only remnants from the past, the only thing similar looking are the cities and even then what we have seen of the new Gridania has pretty decent in change.

Thoraxes

Also holy shit that was awesome, and at the end ;_; whyyyyyy

So how radically different is the new FF14? Is the world map changed?

The entire realm is literally reborn.

The name is pretty literal on the effect it has on the game as a whole.

it would be pretty epic if one day it was a live event with a DEV controlling the uber ending and if the players die they get log out..two different trailers one if the the DEVs evil dude wins , one if the players win lol

Alex

Yoshida and Uematsu, fantastic, this is exactly how Final Fantasy should be aesthetically. Just hope it plays as good as it looks and sounds.

rybrad

Is there going to be more actual content in the game now? I played a few months ago with a friend but we got bored after a couple weeks doing the same mob grinds all the time basically.

Thoraxes

Is there going to be more actual content in the game now? I played a few months ago with a friend but we got bored after a couple weeks doing the same mob grinds all the time basically.

Yes. Absolutely yes. Game is totally overhauled.

Kule

Trailer was really well done! great final story plot in general. Shame the in game event was plagued by terrible server disconnects.

Esura

Banned
Man, I can't wait for this to come out on PS3. Never played an MMO before so this will be my first since everyone keep saying FFXI is dead.

Allard

What. So they gave up trying to fix XIV?

A realm reborn IS the fix for the game. They are destroying the old world, changing the mechanics and basically teleporting players 5 years into the future. You still keep everything you gained in the first version, levels, gil, items etc. but the old world is gone, its WoW cateclysm on steroids.

Toth

What. So they gave up trying to fix XIV?

They did fix 14. They remade it using a new engine and have a new server structure to allow a more fluid game to function. Abilities, NPCs, enemies, and major battlefields from 1.0 are in the new version (though tweaked), along with tons of new content.

Majine

Banned
Sounds like it IS an expansion to me, just as a seperate client. But glad that the XIV customers are getting it for free.

So is there like a list of what is different etc or some sort of video that explains it?

Would love to see it as I may try FF14 again... (Can't believe I'm saying that after being burnt so bad)

Thoraxes

Sounds like it IS an expansion to me, just as a seperate client. But glad that the XIV customers are getting it for free.

That's like saying Mass Effect 2 and 3 are expansions to Mass Effect 1.

You won't be able to go back and play the old game anymore. It's been exploded in glory.

Top Bottom