• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V - Menat trailer

tumblr_inline_ovcwmgRq9t1ql5lmm_540.jpg

One of my friends hates that character so much he's ready to give up on playing the game ... and he was a staunch defender of literally aspect of SFV good and bad until Abi launched. He has 0 interest in using the charcter , doesn't want to learn how to fight him properly and for the first time since this games launch he's been tempted to just DC during online matches when Abi shows up.

Hey, I can do that, too:
https://twitter.com/TheAlexValle/status/894662005222658048

yurinka

Love her character design and costumes, I'll buy them. I don't understand why puritanist have a problem with the mummy costume.

Gameplay seems interesting and a good addition to SFV. The music is cool, and story wise she already had a good start in Ed's story prologue.

Good work, Capcom. Now please release Zeku, the arcade mode and more single player modes soon, please.

joe2187

Banned
Like right now

She's raw butt cheeks

If you mean to play she's fine. She's just not good

How is Chun not good? Like she's one of the most balanced and rounded of the fighters. Im not sure how she's in any way limited like Juri or Alex in situations.

Village

How is Chun not good? Like she's one of the most balanced and rounded of the fighters. Im not sure how she's in any way limited like Juri or Alex in situations.

Because I feel like she got robbed of the fuckery that allows the best characters in the game to be just that. Like if she got nerfed like mika, it would be fine, but she didn't and while she isn't... juri, she's not great. While Chun and Ryu are the front runners of this franchise , there is little reason to choose them over simplier better characters that do better stuff

Like right now

She's raw butt cheeks

If you mean to play she's fine. She's just not good

She is definitely good. She's shown up in top 8s and top 16s all season at CPT events, used by multiple players. Got top 8 at EVO.

She's just not obvious top tier anymore, and she requires a lot of dedication to master.

Sesha

Two things are missing missing for me. I wish her animations were more exaggerated, like Izanami in Blazblue. Her movements are somewhat underplayed.

And I wish she had a move like Izanami's Tengai no Hi or Frieza's Death Ball.

Maybe. But he's also the same guy who got his ass beat last night as well.

TheOGB

Banned
Two things are missing missing for me. I wish her animations were more exaggerated, like Izanami in Blazblue. Her movements are somewhat underplayed.
Tbh I kinda like her more subtle, subdued animations. It's different from most of the rest of the cast in a way that still fits and works, and is a nice contrast to a character like Abigail just before her lol

How is Chun-Li in this game?
Solid character, decently fun to play. Strong in capable hands, and she was pretty damn legit in Season 1, but currently not too high up in The Meta™.

Damn she looks great I love this game's 3D Art. Her poses, animations and outfits look great. I hope she's as fun to play as Abigail.

Judging by the responses in this thread compared to last DLC. There is no room for "ugly" characters as DLC, the base game has to be where you put in the freaks, uglies, and experimental characters.

Squishy3

Exactly what I thought. Namco should sue tbh.
I guess Capcom should sue SNK for Ryo then.

Similar gameplay concepts are going to happen in anything, and she's not the exact same as Viola. Plus 2D fighter versus 3D fighter. Viola's orb also moves to the locations the moves come from as she does them, while Menat's is placed and remains there(Much more like Venom's billiard balls from Guilty Gear) and moves from those places to her instead, hitting things on the way back. Basically, for Viola's moves, it doesn't matter where the orb is placed except for that it's placed allowing her to do moves that teleport it to where it needs to be for the move, while Menat's orb will change trajectory depending on where it's placed and can come back to her at weird angles.

I can't get over how good the music in that trailer is. In the short time I spent playing SFV, there was nothing I heard that came close to approaching the aceness that is Menat's theme is.

Top Bottom