• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cosmochoria: Naked cosmonaut arcade fun

Amir0x

Banned
Hmm.. I wonder if it's possible to get the thread title changed to something more 'Cosmochoria Launches into Steam Early Access Orbit on September 29th' ? I might hit up More_Badass..

Sure. Message a mod like Stumpakapow or Y2Kev or duckroll and they'll handle it for you.

They're good peoples.

Edit: Although you might want to just get a new topic made soon, since that'd probably fall under the 'new threads for new NEWS' rule. Still this is the biggest Cosmochoria thread, so it's up to you. :)

mantrakid

Gamepad controls, weapons, mad upgrades, new planet & plant art, clouds, pets, NPC's, mystery items, etc. It's all really coming together for the Early Access launch! September 29th, 2014 @ 9am Pacific is when i get to see if people are into all this hard work.

At the very least, there will be a shitload of awesome kickstarter backers able to finally play with their brand new steam or humble bundle keys.

Im Getting Hyped!!!!

Official Steam Page Here!

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Gamepad controls, weapons, mad upgrades, new planet & plant art, clouds, pets, NPC's, mystery items, etc. It's all really coming together for the Early Access launch! September 29th, 2014 @ 9am Pacific is when i get to see if people are into all this hard work.

At the very least, there will be a shitload of awesome kickstarter backers able to finally play with their brand new steam or humble bundle keys.

Im Getting Hyped!!!!

dat GAF planet! :D

dat GAF planet! :D

There's also a GAF egg!

ytSG5BJ.jpg

takoyaki

Im Getting Hyped!!!!

That's great to hear, the game seems to be coming together nicely. I wanted to wait for the WiiU version and go in fresh, but I don't think I have the willpower to not play the game now that it has gamepad support ;)

Mantrakid- I write video game music of a retro vibe, do you need music? I'll do it for free :)

This game is on my radar definitely going to pick it up when it comes to wii u

mantrakid

Mantrakid- I write video game music of a retro vibe, do you need music? I'll do it for free :)

This game is on my radar definitely going to pick it up when it comes to wii u

Hey man, I really appreciate the offer, but between myself and Ilkae + Zebra, we've got the tunes on lock for this one! Best of luck with spreading your sounds - do you have a soundcloud page or something I can check out?

mantrakid

Thanks for the great comments, homies. Just wanted to announce that there have been some bigger updates lately, but a really nice one is that there is a batch of steam achievements now collectable!

Check em out:

SteamAchievements.png

FYI to backers of this who wanted the Wii U port

#28 Issues with the Nintendo Wii U.

Posted by Nate Schmold

Firstly, my apologies for the lack of contact, there has been a lot of stuff going on and I have lots to share with you but I've been holding back because a key piece of the puzzle has been the Wii U development and I wanted to be able to give a progress update with that along with the other game dev-related updates. Well, as it turns out there has been some stuff happening behind the scenes and it's an issue big enough that I feel I need to just put out an update focused entirely on the Wii U port of Cosmochoria so you guys know what's going on. To make matters trickier, there are only so many things I am legally allowed to say due to the Non-Disclosure Agreement with Nintendo and their dev team, so I am going to do my absolute best here to fill you in and not get in trouble in the process.

Nate, Whats Up?

A lot of work has been done in the past couple months to ensure that what I was doing for the PC release was also going to work on the Wii U. This meant testing gameplay and performance and other aspects of the games design on the Wii U dev kit to ensure that when it came time to focus my resources 100% on the Wii U port, it would go smoothly.

Simply put: there have been challenges. Challenges in getting my code exported from Construct 2 running optimally on the Dev Kit, Challenges in getting feedback on what improvements will be made to either Construct 2 or to Nintendo's Web Framework in that regard, but most importantly, they are challenges that I have limitations on how to deal with. I've been in steady contact with Nintendo on the issues i've been having and they are quick and helpful to respond, but the suggestions and ideas provided have only gone so far and unfortunately in my testing I was unable to reach a level of performance that I am seeing on even much older PC systems.

Relying on a framework like Construct 2 to make the game, there's only so much I can do. Short of rewriting the game in an engine like Unity or coding by hand, I am inherently tied to the strengths and weaknesses of the platforms Cosmochoria is being developed with. These platforms were chosen (Construct 2 and then Nintendo's Web Framework) because they were easy to learn, easy to use and able to make something happen that I didn't think was possible without them, but from what I've been seeing, it might be a simple matter of a game like Cosmochoria just has too much happening on the screen for this to be a suitable porting solution. The game might just be too big to rely on Nintendo's Web Framework as it is now.

So... What's Next Then?

That said, I'm not giving up. There are quite a few things I can try in regards to 'stripping down' what I'm doing for the PC version that might help with the performance, but I haven't had a chance to test them all out yet. Things like: Reducing the particle effects (things like the sparks that fly from your gun when you shoot, or the sparks that trail after a dragons fireball), Eliminating the accelerated effects (Instead of colouring plants, planets, enemies dynamically, I could experiment with creating sprites for them instead.) There have also been changes to Construct 2's underlying code recently that may have an effect but I have not yet had a chance to test it properly. I wish there was more I could tell about Nintendo's side of things but based on the NDA there's only so much I can say, other than there is very likely nothing that will change from their end to help the situation out.

It's almost entirely up to performance optimizations in Construct 2 and in my own code, which I am worried can only go so far.

I am still going to be working hard on testing, experimenting and generally trying to make sure that if it's possible, it will get done. I am bringing this up now so you guys know where I'm at with it and what I'm dealing with and I want you to know that I would be both heartbroken and crushed to not be able to complete that aspect of the development, and will be utilizing every resource I can to try and make it happen.

The Clock is Ticking

The key factor that adds stress to this whole thing is that it involves *your money*. Because I am on the hook for the Wii U dev kit, that's a HUGE chunk of change that has been set aside from the Kickstarter total which I am obligated to pass to Nintendo for the ability to build a port in the first place. Again, i don't know how much I can say, but unless I return the Wii U dev kit to Nintendo by March, that money must be paid in full. The worry is that I am then out the money for the Development Kit but also completely unable to properly port the game on it due to the technical limitations.
Alternatively, that money could be used for further development of the actual game (for Windows/Mac/Linux), or to put it towards a budget to redevelop the game in another engine entirely (something like Unity as opposed to Construct 2 which could technically solve the performance issues entirely). Of course, the final option would be to refund your money if you are waiting for the Wii U version.
The problem is that if I keep the Dev Kit—due to the cost of it—those other options simply can not happen, there would be no money to refund as it would be in Nintendo's hand everything else budgeted for the Wii U port has already been spent on research, development, testing and development of the current Wii U version.

Ok, the Options Again?

We don't have to choose one of these until the new year, but I am laying out the scenarios now so you know what to expect and what is required if it turns out I am unable to get Cosmochoria running smoothly using Construct 2 and the Nintendo Web Framework. If I can get Cosmochoria running well, with a higher frame rate, these options become moot and we just proceed as originally planned.

1. I keep the Dev Kit. I continue working towards a Wii U port in another engine entirely like Unity. This means, straight up, I need to re-code Cosmochoria from scratch. I can reuse the sound, art, music, and some of the core game logic structures, planning, etc, but in terms of programming, the entire thing would need to be re-coded & there is truly no way I can properly estimate on how long this could take or when I could deliver. I only have very basic knowledge and experience with Unity so it would be a learning experience through and through.

2. I cancel the Wii U port, and refund the pledges of those who were wanting a copy of the Wii U port. Unfortunately I would only be able to refund the cost of the game itself ($9/$12/$15 depending on what tier you pledged at), as with many of the physical and creation rewards, I have already paid the costs to manufacture and even in some cases ship the physical rewards. Alternatively, you would also have the option to receive a Steam or Humble Bundle key in lieu of the Wii U key, so you could still get access to the final game (which is still on course for full final release within a few months) if you wanted to keep your money invested in the game.

And So....

That's it. You guys now know what I know and why I'm developing an ulcer from dealing with the potential that a Wii U port might not be able to happen like I originally planned. If you have any feedback, advice or wisdom for me, I would deeply appreciate it. I'll be watching this thread & the forums for comments and would love to chat more if you have questions, etc. Otherwise, I will go back to working as hard as I can on finishing the game so it's ready for the full Steam launch in February 2015. At which point we'll need to make a final decision on what to do about Wii U.

Thank you so much for your continued support.

Hugs & Respect,
Nate

TL;DR Nate is having trouble getting the Wii U port of the game up to an acceptable state [appears to be framerate issues?]. Nate will continue to try and optimize his code within the original Construct 2 code to improve the games performance on the Wii U but he believes it's very likely that in order to get the game to run in an acceptable state on the Wii U, he would have to manually rewrite the game's code mostly from scratch in Unity. In order to refund backers who only wanted the Wii U version, Nate must return the Wii U developers kit to Nintendo and thus if the game is still not in an acceptable state by February 2015 [Steam Full Launch of the game] Nate [and backers] will have to decide whether to keep working on the Wii U port without the ability to refund Wii U backers [as Nate could no longer return the Wii U developers kit at that point and would need it to work on the port]

batbeg

That sucks. This is one of the few Kickstarters I've backed and was really looking forward to it on Wii U :( Hopefully something pans out for him in the end, but I'm not expecting any miracles here.

69wpm

Man, I gave my opinion on ks already. I hope he decides to let somebody else handle the port because I don't want a gimped down version just so I can play it on my Wii U :/

daydream

Banned
I backed specifically for the WiiU version. That's a bummer. Hope Nate gets it working in Unity or something, otherwise I'll have to consider the refund option.

Wouldn't mind waiting a few months longer after the PC release but only if a proper WiiU release was indeed on the horizon.

jholmes

Oh, this made its way here. I'm sorta kinda hoping some Wii U indie GAFfer finds their way here and can impart some wisdom on the subject because like all y'all this wasn't the news I was hoping for.

teeny

Hmm, that's a bit disappointing. If the Wii U version is going to suffer, I may well switch to the Steam version. I'm willing to hold out for a while, though.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Though i was getting this for WiiU, I'd probably be annoyed if I found out I was getting a gimped version when i could've gotten a PC version with less issue. I'd rather play a better-working PC game than a busted WiiU sku.

That said, a larger conversation needs to be had about a relatively simple game like this and other Indie WiiU games suffering technically.

_machine

Though i was getting this for WiiU, I'd probably be annoyed if I found out I was getting a gimped version when i could've gotten a PC version with less issue. I'd rather play a better-working PC game than a busted WiiU sku.

That said, a larger conversation needs to be had about a relatively simple game like this and other Indie WiiU games suffering technically.
Well to be honest nothing can be done about the hardware so naturally some more intensive titles will have to pare it back. The main issue here though is the C2 and the fact that the Web Framework just isn't cut out for resource intensive games.

69wpm

Well to be honest nothing can be done about the hardware so naturally some more intensive titles will have to pare it back. The main issue here though is the C2 and the fact that the Web Framework just isn't cut out for resource intensive games.

I don't think that is true. It's probably great if you code yourself instead of using engines like C2, at least that is what I've heard. Anyway, I'm curious to see if the developer of The Next Penelope will encounter the same problem.

_machine

I don't think that is true. It's probably great if you code yourself instead of using engines like C2, at least that is what I've heard. Anyway, I'm curious to see if the developer of The Next Penelope will encounter the same problem.
Yeah you can definitely get it to run a lot better with working directly in and maybe you can work around the limitations with some clever optimization, but it's really far away from native code and from what I understand and have heard about it the problem is that it can get really slow when trying to draw a lot of different objects.

69wpm

Yeah you can definitely get it to run a lot better with working directly in and maybe you can work around the limitations with some clever optimization, but it's really far away from native code and from what I understand and have heard about it the problem is that it can get really slow when trying to draw a lot of different objects.

Interesting. I wonder how XType Plus is handling that. There is a lot going on.

_machine

Interesting. I wonder how XType Plus is handling that. There is a lot going on.
Just checked the game and yeah it looks really good for a webkit game. Small texture size and it doesn't seem to have that many different sprites might help, but I'm not really versed into webkit development so it's only guessing. My friends evaluated it for their game and said that they weren't comfortable heading into development with the web framework for performance reasons, but with big hand-drawn sprites it makes more sense that performance might be an issue with that. I've heard good things about it otherwise though.

I really want this game on my wiiu I don't mind the added wait for however long it takes the issues to be fixed. I'm not gonna demand a refund if he opts to send back the wiiu kit I'd be okay with a steam key instead but I do hope he pursues the wiiu port before working on ports for systems beyond the kickstarter

mantrakid

Hey guys, Nate here just wanted to drop a line to let you know if you have any specific questions I can do my best to answer them. As it stands, it’s truly just a performance issue at this point. Just not getting a framerate that is needed for enjoyment of the game.

That said there are some optimizations to Construct 2 that have been done recently specifically in mind for Wii U games as well as ive had someone from Nintendos team tell me (after telling me 100% otherwise) that there may be a chance for additional updates to the NWF that will help performance. Im not giving up yet, but yes if i have to limit on screen enemies to a handful and cant draw clouds and fireballs and bullets everywhere then it sort of becomes a shitty wanna be cosmochoria remake, and not the game im envisioning and the game that is being built for Windows/Mac/Linux.

I will do my very best to keep peeps in the loop on this. If it turns out I cant port from Construct 2, then I will definitely be looking at the possibility of rebuilding in Unity for the ability to port to Wii U from that platform. This is definitely a hurdle, but It’s not down on the track yet, i’m just warning people that I can see it coming up and want to be clear and communicative of what might happen if it hits my shin as i try jumping over it so there are no surprises.

Again, tho, any questions please throw em here I’ll be checking in to respond.

llehuty

Hi Nate.

It sucks that porting to the Wii U is not being as smooth as it shoudl. Is the framerate really that bad? Around what values are you getting?

I hope the new updates to both the engine and the nintendo framework thingy fixes most of the main problems. Don't stress too much, I personally I'm happy knowing that you are working on it.

sfried

Hi Nate,

Like I mentioned in the Kickstarter comments, I don't mind the delay, but I definitely would appreciate it being released for WiiU. That said, seems like your engine might require something more powerful, and Unity should come free with your Ninty devkit.

If it means getting the performance you've always wanted, I really don't mind if the game gets delayed just to rebuild it in Unity. I don't think you should gimp the game just because of the Wii U. More than likely it just needs to be optimized.

mantrakid

Hi Nate.

It sucks that porting to the Wii U is not being as smooth as it shoudl. Is the framerate really that bad? Around what values are you getting?

I hope the new updates to both the engine and the nintendo framework thingy fixes most of the main problems. Don't stress too much, I personally I'm happy knowing that you are working on it.

im getting like 20-30 fps with nothing but planets on the screen. as soon as the enemies start coming in it drops closer to 5-10. one boss shooting fireballs at me and its a slideshow.

jholmes

New update today, for those watching from afar: lots of little additions to the game, nothing final on the Wii U port but efforts are being made.

8b8a9e14a05e850eb499c8ce1112030a_large.JPG

Jellyfish!

mantrakid

Just wanted to give you NeoGAF homies a heads up that I have cosmochoria on sale 50% off this week. If you were interested in checking it out, this is a great week to snag it.

Im not really advertising this on social media, etc, just leaving it up to people to discover to see what effect a price drop has on steam.

huge love

http://store.steampowered.com/app/293240

jholmes

Final verdict is the Wii U port isn't getting done unless the game sells well enough upon Steam release to justify it anyway.

Needless to say I'm miffed, I thought this was a good fit for the platform and I beyond chipping in my share I worked hard to spread the word.

Kickstarter is a gamble but this was a game that had a working alpha when the campaign started so this is obviously not where I wanted this to go.

daydream

Banned
Welp, that sucks. Not really sure what else to say, haha. At least the game seems to be shaping up nicely in the way I had hoped for and expected, which is obviously more important.

Steam key it is, then.

Btw here's the important excerpt from the KS update:

As it stands right now, a Wii U port is outside my present abilities, and is being put on hold. If you backed Cosmochoria specifically for Wii U, I am more than willing to refund your pledge, with my deepest apologies for the way things worked out. Also, if you would like to transfer your Wii U pledge to a Steam or Humble Bundle key instead, I can certainly do that as well. If you would like a refund or an alternate (Steam/Humble) key, please email us at help@3030.ca and either Jessi or myself will be able to get you sorted immediately. I appreciate everyone&#8217;s support and understanding on this but if you have questions, or just want to unleash words of dissatisfied wrath upon me, I welcome a discussion in the comments, or even privately via email - nate@3030.ca <3

jholmes

What the hell man? I paid for my Wii U release!

The good news is the only way we'll get it is if someone else ports it to the PS4 and throws in the Wii U as some afterthought. For all the complaints about Kickstarter, this is the one that is really pissing me off -- putting good money toward a Wii U port so the devs can spend it on the PS4 instead.

sfried

The good news is the only way we'll get it is if someone else ports it to the PS4 and throws in the Wii U as some afterthought. For all the complaints about Kickstarter, this is the one that is really pissing me off -- putting good money toward a Wii U port so the devs can spend it on the PS4 instead.

Bullshit. The Wii U release should get more priority than the PS4 port. In fact, it should be guaranteed at this point considering it managed to meet the stretch goal.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Bullshit. The Wii U release should get more priority than the PS4 port. In fact, it should be guaranteed at this point considering it managed to meet the stretch goal.

Thats not how these things sometimes work.
And its still incredibly cool of him to completely refund you if you want, so you wont lose any money over this.

69wpm

Pity, the over-promising on kickstarter is the reason I stopped backing games. However, I do appreciate that he is giving us the option to get a refund. I'll wait a bit longer to see how the situation develops.

mantrakid

Hey guys and girls, just wanted to hop on here to give my 2 cents. I hope it helps to understand my position.

First and foremost, Im not sure where this PS4 business is coming from, I have never once mentioned a PS4 port being possible or even close to happening. Sure a PS4 port would be nice, same with 3DS, XBone or even Turbografx 16 but there has been ZERO plans for this, zero work towards this and definitely zero priority put on ANY other console other than the Wii U.

My standpoint is this. When the kickstarter first ran, the Wii U stretch goal was wayyy up there past 200k I think. Not as a 'this is how much it will cost' but as a 'if the campaign does this well, this will become something i will be able to devote resources to.' I'll note that even then, the Wii U port was always first in the list of console stretch goals. That being said, during the campaign I had a large number of people commenting and emailing me directly saying that they would love to see the game on the Wii U and I took time during the campaign to get in touch with Dan Adelman who thought Cosmochoria looked promising and helped me get through the Developer approval process.

Once I had been approved as a developer, I finally had access to information about Nintendos Wii U Dev program that was protected by NDA. After reviewing a LOT of that information, and looking at the implementation of Wii U plugin within Construct 2, I became incredibly optimistic that a Wii U port was actually a lot more possible than I originally thought it might be. Where-in originally I had assumed that I would need to hire an outside developer to perform the port for me, the information I was receiving from both the Construct 2 team as well as the Nintendo Web Framework team was that a port to the Wii U using the NWF and Construct 2 was very feasible and an exciting new possibility.

This was the very reason I was gung ho about the Wii U port and why the last portion of my campaign shifted to focus on Wii U development. All the stars had aligned and it seemed incredibly more realistic to do a Wii U port now that I was an approved Wii U Developer. There was a big update about this during the campaign in which I reduced the Stretch goal for the Wii U from something like $200,000 to something like $25,000. Essentially the way I budgeted, I was planning on a certain chunk of money to go the dev kit and another certain chunk of money to go to about a month for the actual porting process - getting the gamepad configured, prepping the eShop manuals, etc, etc.

After the campaign ended, I continued work on Cosmochoria. At this point I did not put an emphasis on the Wii U development, though I now had access to the Wii U plugin for construct and had begun putting in Wii U specific code as I went along (gamepad stuff, etc). I went on like this for months, checking in on the Wii U dev forums, etc for updates on certain things, technology, SDK updates, compatibility, etc. Reading up on everything obsessively so that when the time came, i'd be able to hit the ground running on the port. When a member of Nintendo's NWF team private messaged me to say that he tried my web-build of Cosmochoria on a dev kit and it ran surprisingly well, I was totally amped to hear it and it was a huge fire under me to finally start putting the focus on the porting process, starting with getting the Dev kit delivered to me.

Once I got the dev kit, my initial tests were positive, the game ran surprisingly well, but it was always tests with new games starting out, no enemies had really hit the screen yet, i wasnt in any heated battles, this was all because the controls themselves, jetpacking mechanics, shooting, planting, in-game menus etc were all not working on the Wii U yet. It took me a bit over a month to get gameplay and controls properly configured and customized to work well with the gamepad, a month of time I wasn't working on much else besides Wii U development, getting the menus working, etc, etc. After this time I was finally able to sit down and try out a 'proper' game of Cosmochoria on the wii U and when i did that it was a huge eye opener. The performance was sluggish to say the least. 15FPS was a good average, huge action scenes with enemies and bullets were down to 1-5FPS.

I immediately began asking around both Construct 2 communities and Nintendo Dev community Especially my contact who had expressed things were running so well. Many things were mentioned about ways of optimizing the code, ways of improving performance, and I spent so much more time on this. Over the next few months, I spent probably a quarter of the total time I was working on the game simply trying to get the game to run well on the Wii U. This was all time that was eating away at any budget i had.. For the estimation of a month's worth of porting time which I thought was very generous considering the 'Build to Wii U out of the box' promises that Construct 2 seemed to be touting. I felt like I was reaching some dead ends, yet had hope strung along via the contact at Nintendo that things were either in development or could possibly come soon which could drastically improve performance.

The same information was coming on Construct 2's side - Ashley was very helpful in explaining what it is the NWF was missing and why it was so important, but that it might be in the works. With that information I had the right questions to ask Nintendo's NWF team again. Unfortunately the answers to those questions continued to be inconclusive and all I had were not even promises, but 'chances' that things 'might' get better down the line.

Please keep in mind the NWF is not a typical console development platform. It specifically uses HTML5, not necessarily browser technology but nintendo's implementation of it to pull off HTML5 rendering for applications. When it comes down to it, essentially web-apps for the Wii U. That being said, Cosmochoria is built in Construct 2, which exports exclusively an HTML5 / Javascript version of the game, and it was this compatibility which made the porting process seem so feasible and 'able to happen' at all in the first place.

Now by this time between development, testing, and communication between Scirra and Nintendo, I have already spent about 3-4x my originally scoped budget for a wii u port and I didnt even have a version of Cosmochoria running nicely on the Wii U. I still had a game to finish and essentially I was at a point where I once again needed to start finding contract work to pay my bills while I worked on the game... effectively nullifying any of the development budget I had gained from the Kickstarter.

I decided to send the dev kit back to nintendo specifically because I didn't want to be in a position where i was indefinitely 'waiting' for things to get better with the possibility that they never would. Then, not only would I be on the hook for the cost of the dev kit, but I would still feel completely obligated to refund people's money who pledged for the wii u - and if I had hung on to the dev kit, i would be refunding money that I no longer even had, having spent it entirely on the development process of Cosmochoria.

"But nate, what the fuck, you got 28,000 from Kickstarter. How do you not finish a game that already seemed so finished before the kickstarter even started?". Yea but after taxes, kickstarter fees, paying the musicians, plus manufacturing costs for the physical goods i offered: tshirts, posters, canvas prints, custom usb keys, plus the costs reserved out of that total to ship the stuff all over the world, there was only about $15,000 tops to work with. Subtract the estimated $5000 devoted to the estimated wii u development costs and dev kit and that equates to barely scraping by on my mortgage and other bills for about 4-5 months while i worked on the game. That being said, it's been 9 months since the kickstarter ended, so please trust me that though it was a hard decision to put the Wii U development out of my hands and seek other possibilities like a publishing arrangement or outside development team partnership.

That being said, and where we stand now: While it is something I am still actively seeking opportunities for, it would be disingenuous of me to say that a Wii U port is even likely at this point. I have nothing lined up in the way of partnerships or deals that I could confidently say 'yes you will see a wii u port' which is why I am at this point offering people the chance to back out of their pledge. I honestly am trying to give the utmost of respect to the people who gave their incredible support to me.

Im not in any way saying 'wait and see' im saying 'things dont look good, this is an opportunity to get your money back if you would like it.' and we have already followed through with anyone who has requested to receive a steam / humble key or a refund.

I really hope this helps people see things from my point of view. From a backer point of view, i understand completely - you put your faith in something that was promised, and now it looks like it was all just a bunch of bullshit. I'm here to tell you that it's absolutely 100% not bullshit. I honestly worked my ass off trying to get Cosmochoria working on the Wii U and I will continue to work my ass off to get Cosmochoria on the Wii U once I have completed the game and have something truly impressive to show the world...

Whether it actually gets released on the Wii U remains to be seen, as it means it needs to be re-written from the ground up and until it hits steam 'for real' it is impossible to see if the costs of that can be justified by the sales, but i promise, Im trying my very very very very very best on all fronts.

respect, gaf. <3

llehuty

Oh well. It sucks, but I think we all understand that you didn't see all the problems coming when you created the campaign and pledges. I appreciate that you at least tried hard enough. I guess I'll take a transfer to Steam in that case. Better Steam Cosmochoria than no Cosmochoria.

Hope the game is selling well on Steam.

sfried

First and foremost, Im not sure where this PS4 business is coming from, I have never once mentioned a PS4 port being possible or even close to happening. Sure a PS4 port would be nice, same with 3DS, XBone or even Turbografx 16 but there has been ZERO plans for this, zero work towards this and definitely zero priority put on ANY other console other than the Wii U.

You have my utmost respect. I will hold on to my pledge then, in hopes in for a future Wii U release, if ever. I might get the Steam release at some point, but it will be a separate purchase from the pledge amount I intend for the Wii U version.

mantrakid

You have my utmost respect. I will hold on to my pledge then, in hopes in for a future Wii U release, if ever. I might get the Steam release at some point, but it will be a separate purchase from the pledge amount I intend for the Wii U version.

Thanks homie, I appreciate your support like you wouldnt even believe. <3 this has been a long, shitty learning process and I really wish I could have come out with better news about it today. Thank you again.

jholmes

With all due respect this is not the first project I have backed on Kickstarter and I when this comes to Wii U without any discussing of a PS4 port I will gladly eat those words. In the meantime I have pushed to help get this game made and I've yet to see an outside company brought on for indie ports not emphasize the PS4. The only way I could honestly say this project looks different than others I've backed that have gone down this path is that this one promised a Wii U port and isn't delivering.

mantrakid

With all due respect this is not the first project I have backed on Kickstarter and I when this comes to Wii U without any discussing of a PS4 port I will gladly eat those words. In the meantime I have pushed to help get this game made and I've yet to see an outside company brought on for indie ports not emphasize the PS4. The only way I could honestly say this project looks different than others I've backed that have gone down this path is that this one promised a Wii U port and isn't delivering.

jholmes, Im truly very sorry, man. After a lot of effort, time and resources, the path I wanted to take to get a Wii U port completed—the only path i could take for a $5000 stretch goal—is not possible due to circumstances outside of my control. I honestly tried to do my due diligence ahead of time, but when it came down to it - it was not possible.

I could have forged on ahead, cut down the resources, quality, gameplay & depth of the game in order to have a game that ran better on the Nintendo Web Framework, but I was not comfortable delivering half a game to Wii U backers, when PC backers would get the full game as I have envisioned and promised it to be. That's truly all there is to it.

I want to give you your money back because of this, or if you still want a copy of the game, I can switch your Wii U version to the PC/Mac/Linux version.

Top Bottom