• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight Rises Thread of "There's Gotta Be A SPOILER-FREE Batman Thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Are there general spoiler-free impressions I can read? I want to knowif this is better or worse compared to Dark Knight and just some basic comments about the movie.

I quickly ventured into the spoiler threads and it seemed that people have already seen the movie so I was wondering if someone had posted some generic impressions.

Oh, people have seen the movie already? Didn't know because I've been avoiding everything surrounding TDKR.

Regginald

Banned
I'm not hyped for this one, cat woman is probably gonna be corny. I don't know, I'm more cynical now. I just feel like it's going to disappoint.

I'm not hyped for this one, cat woman is probably gonna be corny.

image.php

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Catwoman is definitely one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's not even entertaining-bad, it's just annoying-bad. I don't know how/why I forced myself to watch the whole thing one late night.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Not going to batathon, but will rematch all of Nolan's films this weekend/ next week, saving BB and TDK for Wednesday.

A couple of my friends are trying to get me to go to see the movie in XD since according to them "its the closest we will get to IMAX". What say you gaf?

zulfate

i love this youtube comment:

Perhaps one of the most under-rated scenes in the history of cinema. This scene, more than any other scene, PERFECTLY sets up the 'cat-within-the-woman' aspect of Catwoman.....I'm amazed at all the negative reviews of this movie. This scene is the stuff of dreams, and you almost feel like you're STANDING there at that basketball court watching with the kids. 10 out of 10. Simply unbelievable, the magic that a film can bring into our living rooms.

EventuallyWeMerge
11 months ago

Jackson

Scored a ticket for the 7:45pm show tomorrow from WB a couple of hours ago. Stoked. Dark Knight is one of my favorite movies period.

Mariolee

Hey, what's up guys? :( One more week for me.

An interesting 40 minute critique/review of Dark Knight, and why it's not as perfect as everyone seems to think.

I rewatched Dark Knight yesterday, and I noticed a lot of these flaws. Still love the film, though.

Gah, film student.

Edit: Watching it now, and his point on Ramirez is already a bit annoying, especially how worked up he gets about it which I suppose is his gimmick but whatever. Anyway, he focuses on how Ramirez COULD have been used as the emotional backbone of the police force and how Nolan fucked it up, but that's not really why Nolan had her in the first place in my opinion. The movie was laid out like a mystery, where we weren't exactly suppose to totally empathize with her since we're supposed to be focusing on the tragedy of Two Face and Rachel, not Ramirez. Ramirez was supposed to be another part of the puzzle where we go "OH yeah, now it all makes sense." Besides, her replacing the guy at the door wouldn't make sense either, since he's suppose to be this seasoned cop who had a long career with the people Joker killed. She's way too young for that to make sense. And then adding that her friends died while her mother is in the hospital would make her seem like she was almost OVERLY tragic, and put too much focus away off the Joker. If the rest of the video is like this, I'm not watching anymore. It feels like he's being nitpicky just for the sake of being nitpicky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom