• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Aug 2-11) The Intenational 2013 DOTA2 championships [Team USA Playing!]

BeBen

Banned
Major props to TL seriously but i'm still so mad

Somebody please explain to me how the fuck do you lose a roshpit fight with a Magnus with TWO RPs and a fucking Aegis?

Yao and Xiao made so many mistakes and every time Bulba and TL were there to pounce on these occasions

They weren't doing all that great in the prelims either. Them being put into Losers was a result of them under performing in prelims. While I don't like TL to win the tournament over LGD.... I still like the chances of DK, Navi and Tongfu more. All these teams are just better at playing aggressive which is what you need. No more having to rely on 600GPM Alch to save your ass.

What? LGD.cn were upper bracket, but [A] chose to face them first and knocked them out in a BO3. After getting knocked out by the "best" team in the world, they immediately had to go to a BO1 with TL. Where anyone can get knocked out due to upset.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member

Somebody please explain to me how the fuck do you lose a roshpit fight with a Magnus with TWO RPs and a fucking Aegis?

Yao and Xiao made so many mistakes and every time Bulba and TL were there to pounce on these occasions
Explain to me how betting on Dota 2 makes you so mad.

Helmholtz

Lol, if you're mad about it you probably shouldn't be betting. I lost 4 rares and you don't see me crying. You're taking a risk whenever you put items up.

Dahbomb

What? LGD.cn were upper bracket, but [A] chose to face them first and knocked them out in a BO3. After getting knocked out by the "best" team in the world, they immediately had to go to a BO1 with TL. Where anyone can get knocked out due to upset.
They didn't finish 1st or 2nd in their prelims, that's my point. If they performed better in prelims they might have advanced further in the upper bracket instead of getting picked by Alliance. Instead they were beaten by DK and Navi.

BigAT

Disgusted.

Xiao8 got picked way too many times.

I'm sure they would have taken a 3 game set, but for some odd reason Alliance just HAD to choose them first.

Now I nothing more than for Alliance to lose.

j8nSYwZ.jpg

LGD FORNEVER

They didn't finish 1st or 2nd in their prelims, that's my point. If they performed better in prelims they might have advanced further in the upper bracket instead of getting picked by Alliance. Instead they were beaten by DK and Navi.

I have no idea what you're thinking. Just... what? Your logic is completely whacked. Bye.

Dahbomb

I have no idea what you're thinking. Just... what? Your logic is completely whacked. Bye.
I am saying if LGD had finished 1st or 2nd in their prelims things would've been different for them. Not that hard to follow. They wouldn't have to face the #1 team at the tournament if they were #1 in their group. They weren't so they had to deal with the bracket given.

Tough shit.

Sibylus

Banned
They have a shot if they can get Weaver and Slark farmed, but IG aren't playing passively.

Yeah, Zenith needs more 'o that.

Sibylus

Banned
I haven't been following the meta for a while, is Slark very viable without much farm? It seems like Zenith aren't choosing to give him much.
He just needs survivability items, his Str + Agi + Int steal into Agi conversion will do the rest. Very viable, but I'm not sure how much experience Zenith have with him.

BeBen

Banned
Pretty sure this is over, don't think Zenith has it in them to come back against iG

Oh well, bad day betting wise but great day games wise, incredible display of skills

Sibylus

Banned
I think Zenith could have made that lineup work, but there was a serious play and item deficit. The Dark Seer would have had a Sheepstick in short order, but he's gone Blink and shit.

And now BKB? WTF Seer, help your goddamn team out with some disable!

Aaron

I think Zenith could have made that lineup work, but there was a serious play and item deficit. The Dark Seer would have had a Sheepstick in short order, but he's gone Blink and shit.
They have no real damage against two very damaging heroes. Early ganks were their only chance, and even that required serious luck. The picked badly, and paid for it.

Sibylus

Banned
Damage isn't the end-all-be-all if a team has good disable, but Zenith's made some really questionable and greedy choices with their gold.

Chell0

Neo Member
I just wish I was in a friendlier time zone. Can't be going to bed a 2am after watching the first match of the day.
I'm excited to see when Na'vi throws, which will inevitably happen.

Aaron

Damage isn't the end-all-be-all if a team has good disable, but Zenith's made some really questionable and greedy choices with their gold.
Depends on the matchup, but against Morphling and especially Lifestealer? You need damage. They take too long to take down, and the rest of the team will catch up while you're bashing away.

I just wish I was in a friendlier time zone. Can't be going to bed a 2am after watching the first match of the day.
I'm excited to see when Na'vi throws, which will inevitably happen.
I pretty much spent this week putting my body's clock in Seattle time. Going to work next week will be tough.

DSix

Banned
I was all excited by slark, but xy messed up too many times and never got any momentum back. Zenith played too passive with the wrong lineup for that.

They let it go too late. Morphling is still a hero who, in the super late game, is almost untouchable. That playstyle is nowhere near as common this year as it was last year, but it seems as if teams have forgotten it.

Sibylus

Banned
Depends on the matchup, but against Morphling and especially Lifestealer? You need damage. They take too long to take down, and the rest of the team will catch up while you're bashing away.
I disagree, Morphling and especially Lifestealer can be kited. Seer in particular blew a mountain of gold on a blink and bkb, which didn't accomplish anything. For that money he has a Sheepstick and change, which gives his team a shot once the Morph bkb and Rage end.

LordCanti

They let the Weaver get infest ganked three times. You can't win against that lineup without an Xboct-esque ganking Weaver, and him being dead so often made that impossible.

I think it was a bad draft, but they also got outplayed.

GG. Great day of DOTA (dat legendary CM!).

Screw 1v1; I'm sleeping

Top Bottom