• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Surprise new scoop” on “popular series” in next Famitsu

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
tumblr_m2am1xWVeH1qa8gddo1_500.gif

It's going to be the third Ore no Imouto game.

tumblr_maawlsTvvy1r2pvg2o1_500.gif

All hail my moeness.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'm sure the next Game Informer won't have Type-0 news. Then Inirigo will be pleased as well ;)

But Gameinformer is the wrong place to look for Type 0 news.

And even then the news you find for it would not appeal to the majority. Keychains and Manga are all that await thee. BWA HA HA

GSR

I wish we get to learn more about Gyakuten Saiban 5 soon. I want some teasing about the returning characters!

Honestly, that's all I come to these threads for. I'm kind of surprised we haven't heard anything since TGS, considering the advertising for AJ and AAI at least had shown off a little more by now if memory serves. Maybe they're just trying to avoid doing what they did with AAI2 and showing off a ton of the game before release.

RiverBed

Banned
Is this another one already or still going from last issue? If this will be a weekly thing, I rather wait till someone actually finds a good 'scoop' before sharing it. It is a letdown seeing so many 'surprise' reveals from mags globally only to be ordinary announcements.

I miss the days when 'hype' actually meant hype. It is annoying that even big sites like Digital Foundry, Eurogamer, Famitsu and others treat every announcements as 'OMG revealzez!1!!' or treat rumors as 'unveilz!' and 'unma-h-skeds!1' news. WTF, seriously? Is everything N4G now?

Beth Cyra

Is this another one already or still going from last issue? If this will be a weekly thing, I rather wait till someone actually finds a good 'scoop' before sharing it. It is a letdown seeing so many 'surprise' reveals from mags globally only to be ordinary announcements.

I miss the days when 'hype' actually meant hype. It is annoying that even big sites like Digital Foundry, Eurogamer, Famitsu and others treat every announcements as 'OMG revealzez!1!!' or treat rumors as 'unveilz!' and 'unma-h-skeds!1' news. WTF, seriously? Is everything N4G now?
To be fair a Kamen Rider Muso very much was a real scoop and so egging that would bring the hype to the Japanese audience.

RE:R port, much less so.

Erethian

To be fair a Kamen Rider Muso very much was a real scoop and so egging that would bring the hype to the Japanese audience.

RE:R port, much less so.

Kamen Rider was in Dengeki Playstation, not Famitsu. So last week's scoop would have been Killer is Dead

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I have no interest in Resident Evil.

Last week's announcement got me really into Kamen Rider, though. Been marathoning Fourze and it's great.

zroid

Banned
lol, so it was a complete bust?

oh man, the amount of hype this thread generated in the early stages was priceless

I've never cared about Resident Evil. RE5 was somewhat fun, but do people actually follow news and announcements about those games? They're very generic and forgettable.

It's a multi-million selling series.

RE4 is considered one of the best video games of all time.

Is this actually a question?

Sophia

What is this supposed to mean?

It's a politer and kinder way of saying "Just because you don't follow it, what selfish opinion do you hold that would make you think others don't follow it?" I think... =p

Too bad this got leaked out some time ago, so it was hardly the "surprising" scoop Famitsu made it out to be.

It's a politer and kinder way of saying "Just because you don't follow it, what selfish opinion do you hold that would make you think others don't follow it?" I think... =p

Too bad this got leaked out some time ago, so it was hardly the "surprising" scoop Famitsu made it out to be.
What's so extraordinary about Resident Evil that justifies treating the announcement of a new episode as a scoop deserving its own teasing campaign?

Sophia

What's so extraordinary about Resident Evil that justifies treating the announcement of a new episode as a scoop deserving its own teasing campaign?

You mean besides the fact that Revelations is one of the better Resident Evil games to be released in recent memory? We'll finally get to play it with a non-shit control scheme. This would be a pretty big deal if it hadn't already been leaked. :\

Beth Cyra

Fan favorite characters, story (as cheesy and bad as it is), and the sequel to. Long running and beloved franchise?

What is so extraordinary about a Halo, Final Fantasy, or Mario? Resident Evil is in the same place as they are, if a bit smaller in terms of fanbase.

salromano

Think the scoop was Resident Evil guys. This week's index:

3DS
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies

PSV
Ganbanre! Sunou-chan!
God Eater 2
Sei Madou Monogatari
Soul Sacrifice
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
PlayStation All-Star Battle Royale

PSP
Ultimate All-Star Chronicle
God Eater 2
Summon Night 5
Shining Ark
7th Dragon 2020 II
Pachipara Slot+
Battle Robot Damashii
Heroes' VS

Wii U
Dragon Quest X
Resident Evil: Revelations
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Wii
Dragon Quest X
PreCure All-Stars

PS3
Darkstalkers Resurrection
The God and the Fate Revolution Paradox
Killer is Dead
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
God of War: Ascension
Dynasty Warriors 8
DmC Devil May Cry
Disgaea D2
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
BioShock Infinite
Hatsune Miku Project Diva F
Hitman: Absolution
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Macross 30: Ginga o Tsunagu Utagoe
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Xbox 360
Darkstalkers Resurrection
Gears of War: Judgment
Killer is Dead
DmC Devil May Cry
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
BioShock Infinite
BioShock Infinite
Monster Hunter: Frontier Online
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

PC
DmC Devil May Cry
Hitman: Absolution
Monster Hunter: Frontier Online

Arcade
Baseball Heroes 2012

What is this supposed to mean?

You said

RE5 was somewhat fun, but do people actually follow news and announcements about those games?

I answered by asking if you were just trying to make a bad point or you were genuinely asking something very easy to actually find out and not ask incredulously.

I still can't tell but I am guessing the answer isn't flattering for you.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I dunno why people are saying Persona 5. It sure as hell isn't as hugely popular as Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Metal Gear, or Dragon Quest.

You mean besides the fact that Revelations is one of the better Resident Evil games to be released in recent memory? We'll finally get to play it with a non-shit control scheme. This would be a pretty big deal if it hadn't already been leaked. :
I still don't get it. It's not the long-awaited return of an old franchise (Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Shenmue 3, Half-Life 3), the refresh of an e-sports classic (Starcraft 2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive) or an ambitious, original game (Heavy Rain), so Famitsu's treatment seem blown out of proportion. I mean, it's just a freaking Resident Evil game, that's like teasing a new Mario, Assassin's Creed, Final Fantasy or Call of Duty. We get a new one every year, so why making it your top story like it's a big deal?

Beth Cyra

I dunno why people are saying Persona 5. It sure as hell isn't as hugely popular as Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Metal Gear, or Dragon Quest.
Shhhh don't let Persona gaf hear you.

Seriously though any announcement that we hear about is flooded with hopes of Persona 5. If anything it just makes me happy each time it doesn't happen because I've gotten so annoyed by it after all this time. I have the same problem with Nintendo fans and Retro and now Monolith(which sucks because I've been a long time fan and supporter of Monolith Soft.)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I still don't get it. It's not the long-awaited return of an old franchise (Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Shenmue 3, Half-Life 3), the refresh of an e-sports classic (Starcraft 2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive) or an ambitious, original game (Heavy Rain), so Famitsu's treatment seem blown out of proportion. I mean, it's just a freaking Resident Evil game, that's like teasing a new Mario, Assassin's Creed Final Fantasy or Call of Duty. We get a new one every year, so why making it your top story like it's a big deal?

Because Famitsu isn't that great of a publication.

Nintendogs given a perfect score lol

Sophia

Those kind of announcements were less likely to be in a Famitsu article, and Team Persona games have a track record for being announced during this time of the year.

I still don't get it. It's not the long-awaited return of an old franchise (Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Shenmue 3, Half-Life 3), the refresh of an e-sports classic (Starcraft 2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive) or an ambitious, original game (Heavy Rain), so Famitsu's treatment seem blown out of proportion. I mean, it's just a freaking Resident Evil game, that's like teasing a new Mario, Assassin's Creed, Final Fantasy or Call of Duty. We get a new one every year, so why making it your top story like it's a big deal?

I think you were expecting too much from Famitsu. Something like Resident Evil: Revelations is what most of us were realistically expecting.

And again, you're letting your indifference cloud your opinion.

Those kind of announcements were less likely to be in a Famitsu article, and Team Persona games have a track record for being announced during this time of the year.

I think you were expecting too much from Famitsu. Something like Resident Evil: Revelations is what most of us were realistically expecting.

And again, you're letting your indifference cloud your opinion.
Alright, I give up.

Top Bottom