• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild "OMG I didn't know you could do that!" thread [SPOILERS]

PillarEN

Im wearing the "... of the Wild" clothing set. What does the bonus stat Master Sword Beam Up do? It doesn't activate 60 on regular enemies and doesn't go over 60 on special enemies.

KorrZ

Im wearing the "... of the Wild" clothing set. What does the bonus stat Master Sword Beam Up do? It doesn't activate 60 on regular enemies and doesn't go over 60 on special enemies.

I don't actually know but my guess would be increased damage for the projectile attack?

televator

There's one shrine that requires precise movement of a large concrete ball. You can nudge it around in slight incriments by tossing a bomb at it. Don't detonate it. Just stand close to the ball and toss the bomb at it and watch the ball move a bit.

Neper

Neo Member
Someone just sent me this. You can friggin' parry a Bokoblin thrown at you by a Moblin:

https://twitter.com/BriHardGaming/status/844131020769120256
C7b0sHAU0AA2dGv.jpg

This is just pure gold.

I tried to use Bomb Arrows against an Igneo Talus in Death Mountain and they kept blowing up immediately and I thought, "What is happening? Is he shooting some lava at me and blowing them up in midair" And then I realized they were blowing up due to the heat of the area and I was just amazed.

I used bomb arrows on the fire dungeons boss and didn't realize why I was taking damage until I wasted most of my bomb arrows (and healing meals).

They're so expensive too. :(

Cuburt

What happens if wolf link dies?

Do I need to use the amiibo again?

Does he ever go away normally?

What Neper said. He gets just one "life" every real world day.

If you fast travel or leave him behind, he will teleport away and can be summoned again to wherever you are in the same day as long as he hasn't died. Otherwise, you must wait until the next day, just like how the rest of the amiibo can only be used once a day.

You can also feed him food to replenish hearts or he may hunt and eat animals or random mushrooms and stuff on the ground if he's low on health.

PillarEN

Just finished up my second go at Ganon. This time with all the memories and shrines.

That bonus ending

*fist pumps furiously*

Cuburt

I just found out this one: you know how when a fire rod runs out of power/durability it will just burn out and have no more magic? Well I dropped a used up fire rod next to a new one and it "relit" the old one, allowing the old/damaged one to still shoot a few more shots before actually physically breaking.

Edit: maybe it relit on it's own. I just realized them losing their charge is more tied with just using it a lot all at once and not with durability.

rhandino

Banned
In the water dungeon, I could not for the life of me figure out how to open the damn gate.

I ended up puttin a bomb under the door, then timing my run through it. After I got the map inside I realized "duh, idiot. Cryo."

But its passable without ice.
I used stasis and a greatsword lol

I really dumb since I already completed some of the terminal before the map

PillarEN

I used stasis and a greatsword lol

I really dumb since I already completed some of the terminal before the map

I understand the Stasis part but what would you do with the great sword?

I too started the dungeon without a map and then realized I was stuck.

McNum

Guardians instinctively walk away from Link, so if you land on top of one, you can "steer" it by moving around.

This gives me a lot of ideas.
Octo balloons. Fly that Guardian!

This thread is awesome, I'm kind of jealous at all the crazy things people are finding.

Cepheus

I just found out this second that if you kill blue chuchus with a Flameblade, you get red chuchu jelly instead of blue. I guess this works if you set them on fire in any kind of way.

Unfortunately, Stasis+ doesn't work on bees, so you can't cheat your way out of getting stung that easily.

Also, not something you can do, but I found that bokoblins actively hunt boar in some forests, and upon killing them they cheer and begin eating the dropped meat. I also found a bunch of bokoblins armed with mops for some reason, despite the fact that there were no buildings or settlements nearby.

Neper

Neo Member
So... just found out that if you catch Beedle under the rain he drops the prices. That's right, you get special offers in rainy days (maybe because it's hard to sell stuff in bad weather?).

Neper

Neo Member
Also, some kinda useless yet amusing discovery: if a large group (flock?) of Keese is chasing you, you can use Stasis+ on them... but only one will get paralyzed. What's interesting is that, then, that solitary Keese that was paralyzed starts acting like a regular Keese AI independent from the group, which proves that it's not a specially spawned enemy composed of a lot of Keese models, they are actualy dozens of independent Keese that, if separated from the main group, they become a regular Keese.

Mind = blown one more time.

Firebrand

Reading this thread after finishing the game makes me appreciate the game even more, so much to discover.

Is there a way to retrieve items that are non-metallic from a distance? I never tested if the boomerang can be used for it like in Zeldas of old.

Also, some kinda useless yet amusing discovery: if a large group (flock?) of Keese is chasing you, you can use Stasis+ on them... but only one will get paralyzed. What's interesting is that, then, that solitary Keese that was paralyzed starts acting like a regular Keese AI independent from the group, which proves that it's not a specially spawned enemy composed of a lot of Keese models, they are actualy dozens of independent Keese that, if separated from the main group, they become a regular Keese.

Mind = blown one more time.

That's amazing.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Two Lizalfos were coming at me (one had no weapon, one had a spear) and I hit the one with the spear first causing him to drop it. The 2nd Lizalfo that had no weapon, turned around and picked up the spear and then the first dude turned to him and was like, "WTF dude???" and stomped and shook his fist angrily at his buddy. I almost didn't catch it cause I was about to attack again, but held off to watch the animation play out. This game man.

Top Bottom