• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Reviews for 'London has Fallen'

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
It will take more than this and Gods of Egypt to kill his career.

he hasn't even been cast as a Marvel superhero yet.

and then he still has a Tarantino role down the line which will re-invigorate his career

and then he will make arthouse indie films that get picked up by big studios the rest of his career

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Just left this. I liked it, but Olympus was better. This was basically the story of the campaign of any COD game you've played in the last 10 years.

Parch

That's some harsh reviews, but this type of cookie cutter action slop is always going to have an audience. Lots of gunfire neutralizes the mindless, plotless mediocrity to those looking for basic action escapism.

I still haven't actually seen White House Down. Was always under the impression that OHF was the better one (I mean, I enjoyed it).
Guess I should fix that...

Also, the LHF reviews are glorious

mreddie

Cc0ccSHUsAAmnBI.jpg

I still haven't actually seen White House Down. Was always under the impression that OHF was the better one (I mean, I enjoyed it).

Also, the LHF reviews are glorious

WHD takes itself a lot less seriously. I enjoy it quite a lot more for that fact.

Finaj

With the xenophobia I've seen mentioned in reviews, it really seems as though this film is the anti-Zootopia.

I don't remember if it's referenced in the film, but I took it to be them implying that the White House of the modern day equivalent of Mount Olympus. Which is pretty fucking arrogant, come to think of it.

What? Really? The codename of the white house is Olympus? The mountain where the GODS live?

Really?

Really America?

I'm not mad but this is very amusing to me.

Nuh bruh, that's just dumb. Comparing Zeus to a human being displays ignorance towards (sometimes pretty silly, no question) Greek mythology. But being offended by this would be just as dumb.

It's just really amusing to declare the White House the modern Mountain Olympus. The audacity to do that is something else.

But, why are we even talking about this lol. This London movie seems to be terrible. :D

Guys, it's just a codename...

Tookay

I don't remember if it's referenced in the film, but I took it to be them implying that the White House of the modern day equivalent of Mount Olympus. Which is pretty fucking arrogant, come to think of it.

What? Really? The codename of the white house is Olympus? The mountain where the GODS live?

Really?

Really America?

I'm not mad but this is very amusing to me.

Centre of western civilisation symbolism, plus the home of the 'most powerful man in the world' (President as opposed to Zeus). I mean, its the same basic reasoning the Percy Jackson series has for taking place in the USA.

Jesus. It's the codename for the White House in the film. The Secret Service in real life gives all sorts of codenames to things (sometimes ironically).

Did anyone watching Olympus Has Fallen have to recheck the box to make sure they weren't watching Whitehouse Down? They were so similar you could edit bits of them together and they'd still make sense.

IMHO they were both better than Taken 3.

Decado

It is. By a country mile. WHD is one of the worst big budget action flicks in the past several years.

Paskil

I'd love to see a venn diagram of the overlap between viewers of this dumpster fire, "13 Hours," and Dinesh D'Souza's upcoming "Hillary's America." I can't say it would be one circle, but yeah...

Prologue

This movie was awesome, fuck the haters. A huge step up from the first movie, and some nice camera work to boot and some solid action.

The camera work when Buttler and the SAS was pushing forward for a final assault? That was exciting. Definitely picking it up on blu ray( I haven't even bought the first one)

Machine

He's saying this other movie would check all the same boxes for someone interested in a movie like London Has Fallen, but nobody will see the other movie because it doesn't have a massive ad campaign so people don't know about it.

Uh, I don't think Knight of Cups checks any of the same boxes as London Has Fallen except the "Is this a movie?" box.

As for WHD, I didn't enjoy it as much as OHF but that's mainly because I have some inexplicable dislike of Jamie Fox which makes it difficult to enjoy anything he's in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom