• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Olivia Holt and Aubery Jospeh cast as Marvel's Claok and Dagger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black dude has darkness powers

White chick has light powers

lmao

6I9EGC9.png

A lot more at this link but many are NSFW.

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=398

Briarios

Here's a more recent normal pic of Holt, other than eye color, she's really a great Tandy ... Though I never feel like they should have to get actors that look exactly like the comics:

olivia-holt.jpg

The Kree

Banned
The Kree is Bronsonlee but with actual comic knowledge

The only Cloak & Dagger I've ever read was the Spider-Island tie-in a few years ago (which had nothing to do with Spider-Island). Other than a few random appearances in other books/events, that's it.

I've read ultimate C&D when they appeared in Spider-Man. Tandy was aggressive and Ty was a go with flo type of guy.

That was also the first/only time they were depicted as lovers like in this series, as opposed to the 616 version when they were just friends (or the Secret Wars version where they were siblings, IIRC?)

Slayven

That was also the first/only time they were depicted as lovers like in this series, as opposed to the 616 version when they were just friends (or the Secret Wars version where they were siblings, IIRC?)

Humm, not sure if that outweighs the negatives...

Also because he's a black man who feeds off on a white woman energy...until they switch.

Yeah her needing to feed Claok has always had a sexual overtone to it. They both got something out of it, she got rid of her extra light(if she didn't she could blow up or go insane) and it dulled his hunger.

Holy SHIT they actually did Cloak & Dagger. That's about as far deep into the collection of heroes as they can get. Never thought I'd happen.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Hope it's good.

The leads are pretty good looking, must be a necessity for Marvel related media nowadays

Mupod

I always thought dagger was super lame but cloak's power set was badass. I mostly only know them as supporting spiderman characters though.

Holy SHIT they actually did Cloak & Dagger. That's about as far deep into the collection of heroes as they can get. Never thought I'd happen.

start panicking when Darkhawk shows up

Fair point. I can't remember the last time I've seen an ugly or even average looking lead.

Closest you'll generally get is overweight leads, and even they aren't particularly unattractive.

Edit: At least the women. Male comedians get to be average/ugly with hot wives on their TV shows.

Jag

Crazy. I'm pretty sure I remember the first appearance of these guys back in the early 80s. Was a great time to be into comics.

Guess that's what happens when old geeks like me finally get some control.

They've been talking about a C&D show or movie for a while though... It was part of the list of movies that Marvel Studios was supposed to make when they first got financing to do their own movies.

But then again, so was the Power Pack... Now that would be digging deep.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I can't wait. If Marvel TV can keep up the quality that they've been putting out with Agent Carter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Netflix shows, I'm all over this.

Call me when Slapstick shows up in anything

fam, I feel like we even joked about cloak & dagger.

how the fuck is this happening.

they were in like 2 comics. I feel like the only time I saw them in a comic was during the original infinity gauntlet story line. I only remember who they are because I thought Cloak's cloak was the most OP thing I'd ever fuckin heard of in my young life.

There's little known heroes in Marvel...and then there's Cloak & Dagger. 90% of the people who see the thread headline won't know who the fuck these 2 are.

They've been talking about a C&D show or movie for a while though... It was part of the list of movies that Marvel Studios was supposed to make when they first got financing to do their own movies.

But then again, so was the Power Pack... Now that would be digging deep.

Huh. I had no idea. They seem so far below minor I wonder what even motivated them to consider the pair.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I dont think anyone will tear apart for casting a black dude to black character. People mostly blaming marvel for casting white or asian characters like dr.strange villain as black man

no, people are going to be very upset at an interracial couple like this

I dont think anyone will tear apart for casting a black dude to black character. People mostly blaming marvel for casting white or asian characters like dr.strange villain as black man

He was referring to the interracial relationship. Racists have no issues with White Men/Black women pairings.

opricnik

Banned
no, people are going to be very upset at an interracial couple like this

Probaby little bit minority . I have no problems with casting though i hate Marvel casting characters in different races. Thats both wrong to character and fans tbh. Make it like Ultimate Nick Fury 616. Which works totally ok but that

But casting mordo an asian man as black man was disrespectful for both actor himself and fans.

Mupod

are they that obscure that internet shitheads will get mad at this? That's like getting pissed at Kirk and Uhura in 2017. Oh who am I kidding.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Probaby little bit minority . I have no problems with casting though i hate Marvel casting characters in different races. Thats both wrong to character and fans tbh. Make it like Ultimate Nick Fury 616. Which works totally ok but that

But casting mordo an asian man as black man was disrespectful for both actor himself and fans.

why are you so quick to diminsh racism towards interracial relationships ?

also Karl Amadeus Mordo is from Transylvania, not Asia.

edit: some interesting post history here hrmm

Mordo had fans?

Mordo is White in the comics.

Huh. I had no idea. They seem so far below minor I wonder what even motivated them to consider the pair.

I think C&D, as the case for characters like Ant-Man, were always limited by the comic book medium, because their powers look incredibly boring in a comic book, which affected their popularity and the longevity of their books.

On screen though should be a totally different story, hopefully. And perhaps Marvel saw that. Thematically it's unique within the current slate of Marvel shows, and demographically it works for Freeform's audience, so those are pluses also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom