• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Profit Plunges 72 Percent

Status
Not open for further replies.

test_account

XP-39C²
So Sony had a profit of 20.8 billion yen from July to September instead of 73.7 billion yen compared to last year? Are the main reason the currency rates or lower sales?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
test_account said:
So Sony had a profit of 20.8 billion yen from July to September instead of 73.7 billion yen compared to last year? Are the main reason the currency rates or lower sales?

Read the OP, parts in bold. Its mainly due to currency rates, especially dollar vs yen.

Tom Penny said:
Screw them. I'm a little more concerned with losing 40+ percent of my 401k money this year.

40 fucking percent of your 401k? That's a fucking massive loss, hell yeah I'd be pissed.

1% profit margin is not sustainable.

Also, while Sony sold much more PS3 software, PS2 software saw greater declines and even the PSP was slightly down for an overall lower amount of Playstation software sold. HOWEVER, this was likely more than offset by the higher price of PS3 software so it's probably a wash. Not a rosy picture at all.

Vagabundo

This meme will last (forever)...

dammitmattt said:
1% profit margin is not sustainable.

Also, while Sony sold much more PS3 software, PS2 software saw greater declines and even the PSP was slightly down for an overall lower amount of Playstation software sold. HOWEVER, this was likely more than offset by the higher price of PS3 software so it's probably a wash. Not a rosy picture at all.

You forgot to put in any brackets.

test_account

XP-39C²
navanman said:
Read the OP, parts in bold. Its mainly due to currency rates, especially dollar vs yen.
Ok, thanks for the answer! :) I did try to read the OP, but there was so much talk about currency stuff that i got abit confused hehe :(

jax (old)

Banned
Nash said:
Selling consoles isn't going to help much if you are getting fucked by exchange rates, which the article says is likely to get even worse.

this thing won't just affect sony - obviously sony is at the center of this report but the exchange rate business will also affect Nintendo. Already personally, the weakened AUD is affecting my amazon/import purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom