• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo sets up new R&D studio!

Boneapart said:
No, I think you've gotten confused.

Just shut the hell up already before you're banned for trolling. Jesus you really fucked this thread up didn't you? This is why we can't have nice things.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Boneapart said:
lol, see, now you're not even on topic, you're just making random comments on comments, if you don't have anything constructive to post, don't post at all.

Are you for real?

Boneapart

Banned
GreenNight said:
Just shut the hell up already before you're banned for trolling. Jesus you really fucked this thread up didn't you? This is why we can't have nice things.

OK, this kind of response tells me that you are a nintendo fanboy, and you don't like that I said something 'bad' about Nintendo, so now you're getting all flustered and throwing out swear words, you're likely to get banned with that sought of attitude.

If you don't like my opinion (popular one at that), then grow up, respond with some integrity or don't respond at all, but you come off as very childish when you act the way you are now.

Boneapart said:
lol, see, now you're not even on topic, you're just making random comments on comments, if you don't have anything constructive to post, don't post at all.

Maybe you should listen to your own advice.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Boneapart said:
OK, this kind of response tells me that you are a nintendo fanboy, and you don't like that I said something 'bad' about Nintendo, so now you're getting all flustered and throwing out swear words, you're likely to get banned with that sought of attitude.

If you don't like my opinion (popular one at that), then grow up, respond with some integrity or don't respond at all, but you come off as very childish when you act the way you are now.
MY APINION IS GRATE!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
TunaLover said:
At least you live in Japan that list is meaningless, the only game confirmed for US is S&P2 (and maybe Punch Out Wii)), and still there chance that NOA refuse to bring those over here, remember how confirmed Disaster was for US.

Punch-Out Wii is confirmed for the US. Disaster was never confirmed for the US. It was listed as in development by NoA, but from when the game re-emerged as complete onwards, NoA has never said they'd bring it over.

Notwithstanding that, you're correct--most of the potentially good titles in development by Nintendo are not confirmed for the US. One might say that talking about Nintendo in Japan is not all that relevant. Of course, this is a topic about NCL opening a new R&D facility, so why people felt that complaining about Nintendo of America was relevant is beyond me.

Boneapart said:

Threi said:
oh the irony it hurts

Boneapart

Banned
crimsonheadGCN said:
Maybe you should listen to your own advice.

You should as well, I'm trying to stay on topic here. I can't be blamed if nintendrones don't like my opinion, they should grow up and just accept it.

Rolf NB

Dan said:
That article makes it sound like Nintendo might just be moving existing staff and resources into a new and centralized location rather than truly expanding...
I'm more optimistic that this is the makings of an actual expansion, even if old locations are abandoned eventually. If the new sites combined don't at least equal the old sites, there'd be no point in making a move at all. Nintendo isn't strapped for cash. They can well afford to expand.

bcn-ron said:
I'm more optimistic that this is the makings of an actual expansion, even if old locations are abandoned eventually. If the new sites combined don't at least equal the old sites, there'd be no point in making a move at all. Nintendo isn't strapped for cash. They can well afford to expand.

Well, that was Nikkei suggested, it's not a fact yet, It would be nice if it were a total new R&D studio.

TunaLover

Iwata express his dissatisfaction about the inability to expand non traditional userbase with AC:CF, and WiiMusic. I´m sure that Nintendo is more focused in find the next WiiSport, that meet the disires of Nintendo core gamers.

TunaLover said:
At least you live in Japan that list is meaningless, the only game confirmed for US is S&P2 (and maybe Punch Out Wii)), and still there chance that NOA refuse to bring those over here, remember how confirmed Disaster was for US.

I though the junior guy complaint was toward NOA, because well if you don´t live in Japan you sure are not able to play alot Nintendo games outside Wii Something title

If you're devoted enough to complain about the output, you're certainly devoted enough to get imports up and running on your Wii. Playing only what you can get in your local Wal-Mart is pretty mainstream. I'm not going to defend NOA, their record speaks for itself, but instead of getting all worked up over it just handle your business.

I'm more offended that Rhythm Tengoku is STILL not out here, but importing made that a non-issue for me a long time ago. Besides, if you miss out on Tatsu vs. Cap the only one you're hurting is yourself.

andymcc

Banned
Boneapart said:

all of your posts in this thread have been chock-full of useful constructive information. we really appreciate your insight. if it weren't for you, we would never have known the error of Nintendo's ways! I am very glad I, too, can curse the upcoming 2009 release calender of Nintendo's games.

Threi

notag
poppabk said:
^ fixed for the thread as it is now.
to be fair it was just the one guy that started the shitfest. My advice is whether he thinks the opposing side is right or wrong it would be better to just shut up.

TunaLover

Stumpokapow said:
Punch-Out Wii is confirmed for the US. Disaster was never confirmed for the US. It was listed as in development by NoA, but from when the game re-emerged as complete onwards, NoA has never said they'd bring it over.

Notwithstanding that, you're correct--most of the potentially good titles in development by Nintendo are not confirmed for the US. One might say that talking about Nintendo in Japan is not all that relevant. Of course, this is a topic about NCL opening a new R&D facility, so why people felt that complaining about Nintendo of America was relevant is beyond me.
I was trying to step into shoes of the junior guy, I really didn´t expect that he knows what NCL or NOA is, it´s just Nintendo for him.

Boneapart

Banned
andymcc said:
all of your posts in this thread have been chock-full of useful constructive information. we really appreciate your insight. if it weren't for you, we would never have known the error of Nintendo's ways! I am very glad I, too, can curse the upcoming 2009 release calender of Nintendo's games.

And the point of that very insightful and intelligent post was what, exactly? To show how adept you are at sarcasm? Congrats sport.

Boneapart

Banned
Threi said:
to be fair it was just the one guy that started the shitfest. My advice is whether he thinks the opposing side is right or wrong it would be better to just shut up.

You started with it pointless comments, you've had nothing constructive to post in this entire topic.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Boneapart said:

:lol :lol :lol

Fuck, aren't you defensive? He asked you to stop trolling and you are accusing him of being a fanboy?

Boneapart said:
You should as well, I'm trying to stay on topic here. I can't be blamed if nintendrones don't like my opinion, they should grow up and just accept it.

:lol :lol :lol

Did mommy forget to give you a lift into school today, son?

Junior, don't bother telling people what and won't may or may not get them banned, no need to be a backseat mod and a frontseat troll.

Back away dude. You know you are in the wrong with your posting, there's a reason why pretty much everyone is taking the piss.

On topic, I've always wondered why Nintendo didn't build up R and D here in the UK, it would make more sense in these climates with the UK's bigger spending on games than old. I wonder what changes, if any, this will bring to the local market. Nintendo have steadily improved over the years with their UK releases, it's been getting better.

Neo C.

TunaLover said:
Iwata express his dissatisfaction about the inability to expand non traditional userbase with AC:CF, and WiiMusic. I´m sure that Nintendo is more focused in find the next WiiSport, that meet the disires of Nintendo core gamers.
As long as they make good software it doesn't matter. The dichotomy of core&casual isn't helpful at all, a good game is a good game.

Boneapart

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
what do you think the purpose of this topic is?

Not to make off topic comments on other peoples comments, by chance? Although by looking at all these posts, you wouldn't know it. Look, you guys don't like my opinion, fine, but don't act like children, just accept it and move on, because it's very immature what you're doing now.

Boneapart

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
Yikes,

The Heavenly Sword avatar makes it just that much funnier:lol

lol, see, doesn't like my opinion, can't dispute it, so makes a random comment about something totally unrelated, very intelligent, how old are you?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Boneapart said:
Not to make off topic comments on other peoples comments, by chance? Although by looking at all these posts, you wouldn't know it. Look, you guys don't like my opinion, fine, but don't act like children, just accept it and move on, because it's very immature what you're doing now.

okay but my question wasn't "what do you think the purpose of the topic isn't?" it was "what do you think the purpose of the topic is?"

TunaLover

A Twisty Fluken said:
If you're devoted enough to complain about the output, you're certainly devoted enough to get imports up and running on your Wii. Playing only what you can get in your local Wal-Mart is pretty mainstream. I'm not going to defend NOA, their record speaks for itself, but instead of getting all worked up over it just handle your business.

I'm more offended that Rhythm Tengoku is STILL not out here, but importing made that a non-issue for me a long time ago. Besides, if you miss out on Tatsu vs. Cap the only one you're hurting is yourself.

Well, that still a weak solution, 3.4 is giving enough problems to brewers recomend still on 3.2, if more game release force to upgrade, or even if a Wiiware game need a specific IOS from 3.4 it will getting worse.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Boneapart said:
lol, see, doesn't like my opinion, can't dispute it, so makes a random comment about something totally unrelated, very intelligent, how old are you?

Son, you are double posting again. You are adding to a great list of fuck ups you have made in this thread. Stop, seriously.

You are also helping ruin this topic by not only trolling, you are keeping people away from discussing the possible implications of the facts reported in the article.

Mind kindly fucking off?

Yes Boss!

Boneapart said:

Actually, your opinion is neither here nor there to me. I find it immensely funny that you chose an image from Heavenly Sword as your avatar given the content of your rant.

In either case, you are on the short end of a quickly burning fuse so you might as well just swallow your pride and look for another day to pick a battle.

EDIT: Took longer than I expected!

F#A#Oo

Banned
Boneapart said:

Pot calling the kettle black...:D

andymcc

Banned
Boneapart said:

:lol

your opinion is so infallible! the most brilliant of logicians.

BikoBiko

Great for Nintendo, but I'm curious as to why they never open up any major new studios in the US or Europe. For example, Rare made some pretty good games for Nintendo back in the day, I mean what's the harm?

Azure J

Well, things seem to only get more and more interesting on the Nintendo front of things. One can only imagine what this will all mean for their development process if everyone's going to all be in the same building. The only thing I'm wondering about though is how EAD Tokyo wasn't mentioned in terms of the three buildings and branches of Nintendo in that article. (unless I missed it, in that case, sorry. Reading without glasses on sucks. :lol)

Vinci

Danish
Boneapart
Banned
(Today, 08:29 AM)
Reply | Quote

Damn it, mods. Stop being so efficient. I just noticed this topic and was reading through to see how utterly foolish he could become. *sigh*

This is why we can't have fun things.

ON-TOPIC: Great news for Nintendo. So, this means they're hiring, yeah? That's awesome. Nice to be them. Hiring during a worldwide economic crisis.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
(neutral) Boneapart
Banned
(Today, 08:48 AM)
Reply | Quote

it was bound to happen. thank you GAF mods for being so awesome.

edit: beat by seconds :(

edit two: w00t, new nintendo studio to not get anything from!

Vinci

Danish
BikoBiko said:
Great for Nintendo, but I'm curious as to why they never open up any major new studios in the US or Europe. For example, Rare made some pretty good games for Nintendo back in the day, I mean what's the harm?

Harder to control, I suspect. Nintendo's very big on their teams being aware of their place and what their role is within the company (ie. disruption is great - don't screw with our direction because you want to be special).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
BikoBiko said:

I think part of it is that NCL (Japan) does not get much leeway to NOA or NOE for that sort of stuff. Part of it is that NCL got burned very heavily by acquiring / opening studios in the N64 period and having them be totally useless (Ambrella, Clever Trick, Saru Brunei, Param) or partially useless (NdCube, Brownie Brown). Even the "success stories" like NST are pretty janky.

They seem to have granted NoA and NoE some discretionary funds for publishing though. NoA did Crosswords DS and the Mystery Case Files game, and NoE did Wii Chess. Sure, these aren't major hits and you're not going to see anyone say that's quality support relative to the size of both regional subsidiaries, but it's... something :p

BikoBiko said:

If I were to hazard a guess I'd say it's because Nintendo prefers to have direct control over any game it publishes. I don't know if you've noticed, but Nintendo's foreign subsidiaries have extremely limited autonomy. If Nintendo were to become more active in expanding their overseas offices they'd most certainly have to give their subsidiaries more freedom to operate independently without direct approval from NCL.

Top Bottom