• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk's Get Lucky (radio edit) leaked -- GAFfers confidently declare leak fake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Leak was just 128kbps. Everything sounds adequately clearer now. Also sound levels are set to be the same as in SNL preview, which is good. Leak volume was low.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Yep, overplayed this tonite... my downstairs housemate came up and was like... louie, you gotta listen to something else.

but then i gave him the song and he liked it...

yami4ct

Yup, much better mix. Pharrell doesn't sound nearly as out of breath and bland as he did in the beginning of the leak version. It also transitions smoother. Still, it's obviously a radio edit. Damn good even hacked up. Can't wait for the album.

ThreeSixty

December 16, 2009. 4:00 AM. THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls.
Sounds exactly like the leaked copy.

I kind of wanted to post the same thoughts but saw all of the people with the opposite opinion and decided against it. Glad that we agree. I would say it sounds marginally better but there's not really any substantial difference between the 128kbps Sonic leak and the real version of the track. Sounds like the same mix and mastering to me. Higher bitrate yes but not enough difference in the track for it to matter. Here's hoping the album version whenever it releases is better.

It's not even that. The song sounds pretty much exactly the same content wise and it's really underwhelming.

Agreed once again. We're not alone by the way. Almost everyone on the Daft Club Forums feel the same. Underwhelmed.

Gorillaz

I'm shocked at people who seriously didn't think the leaked verison wasn't the real one. The only difference was the quality of the sound.

God... Frontrunner for one of my most played summer jams of this year easily.

So glad I didn't spoil myself with the leak, the legit version is amazing.

Album version will most likely blow my mind entirely.

PBY

Banned
No, it is not. Everyone with a trained ear will be able to tell you that this is fake.
Looking back, posts like this are amaaaazing.

Didnt mean to single you out, it's just representative of the #teamCG mentality that pervaded this thread early on.

wenis

Looking back, posts like this are amaaaazing.

Didnt mean to single you out, it's just representative of the #teamCG mentality that pervaded this thread early on.

he hasn't posted since the legit went up.

unless i missed something.

PBY

Banned
How are you guys not noticing that this is fake? Most of the voice is not Pharrell's. And the fake voice does not even fit into the mix, it wasn't recorded the same way, it is not EQd the same way as Pharrell's voice and it is not properly compressed.
Fake voice!

Again... I couldn't help myself.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Oh my god the FLAC

My cans are so happy right now, they felt like earmuffs during flu season with that Zune purchase but ooooooooooh my god FLAC I love you

wenis

Fake voice!

Again... I couldn't help myself.

KuGsj.gif

ThreeSixty

December 16, 2009. 4:00 AM. THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls.
The guys on the Daft Club Forums are saying what happened with Get Lucky is exactly the same thing that happened with Robot Rock from Human After All (when that track leaked back in 2005). Apparently people went through the same emotions of "this can't be real" and then were shocked to find that the single was indeed real when it was released. It appears as though history is repeating itself. Maybe since Daft Punk exploded in popularity people just now expect too much from them?

ThreeSixty

You have a funny definition of "almost everyone"

Well looking at the latest pages of the thread now I guess yeah there are quite a large number of people excited about it. Prior to that though if you look a few pages back when the single initially hit there were several posters in a row who were commenting with things like "this is the same as the leak and I'm underwhelmed". Looking at the thread now it's more of a 50/50 split kind of like here in this thread. At the time I posted it looked like it genuinely was almost everyone.

Jarmel

Banned
The guys on the Daft Club Forums are saying what happened with Get Lucky is exactly the same thing that happened with Robot Rock from Human After All (when that track leaked back in 2005). Apparently people went through the same emotions of "this can't be real" and then were shocked to find that the single was indeed real when it was released. It appears as though history is repeating itself. Maybe since Daft Punk exploded in popularity people just now expect too much from them?

Song is definitely better than Robot Rock. That said, I'll wait till I hear the full version.

wenis

I wish everyone could be in such a euphoric mode that I'm in... It's sad that they aren't because they're missing a damn good party.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Where are people acquiring the FLAC version? Or is everyone just listening to that euro online store's stream?

This song is 1. way better and 2. WAY less lazy than Robot Rock, though.

The emotions might be similar, but that's just because people on the internet have a habit of bizarre expectations. Remember when Radiohead released The King of Limbs and people thought a second disc was going to release the week after?

gimmmick

Kinda pissed we couldn't get the single if we pre ordered it from itunes, but whatever. New music from daft punk is worth it. Listening to it right now.

Cmagus

Hmm so no go for Canada anyone manage to buy it yet? I have money and would like to exchange it for this sexy song but cannot.

gimmmick

It sounds good, didn't listen to any of the leaks besides the promo they showed at Coachella and snl commercial. Can't wait to hear this in the club here in Vegas, I can see many people getting down to this jam.

Reave

I was hoping the song wouldn't be as repetitive/flat as this. Once you get past the groove of the melody (which is great), it just makes Pharrell's spotty singing stand out even worse... especially when he harmonizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom