• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've creeped this thread for a couple years now, figure I might as well start posting here in there

Musical Tastes

1. Pick a Coast to rep (Chiraq or Atlantistan) - West
2. What’s your favorite subgenre of rap? (Conscious/Backpack, Trap/Drill, Mafioso, WC Gangsta, Swag, Weed, Hyphy, Club, etc) - Really dig Jazz rap and would love to find some more artists into that genre
3. Favorite Artists (Pick Five) - Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar, Travi$ Scott, Drake, Frank Ocean
4. Favorite Artists Outside of Hip-Hop (Pick Five) - John Mayer, Gary Clark Jr., Justin Timberlake, Florence & The Machine, Jamie xx
5. What was your hip-hop AOTY last year? What’s your current hip-hop AOTY? 2014 AOTY = RTJ2 . 2015 AOTY = TPAB

6. What are you listening to right now? - The Internet - Girl

7. What’s something you like that you might consider a guilty pleasure? What’s something you haven’t listened to that you think a hip-hop aficionado might give you shit for? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKp2CrfmVfw Here - Alessia Cara

Never listened to The Cool in it's entirety, never been a big Lupe fan

8. Rank a Random Rapper’s Discography (Pick Someone With > 3 Albums)

Kanye West - MBDTF > TCD > LR > Yeezus > 808's but I still fucking love 808's

GAF-Hop Discusses

1. What do you like about the current state of hip-hop? What’s missing from the game? The amount of quality music being put out, 2015 has been blessed. An artist to deviate from the typical "fucked on codeine and fucking bitches " kind of shit, part of why I love TPAB so much.
2. Who’s Your Favorite Wu-Tang Member? Gotta go with Raekwon
3. Jay-Z or Nas? Biggie or Pac? Young Thug or OG Maco? Nas, Biggie, Fuck em both
4. What Hip-Hop Album Are You Currently Anticipating? Swish
5. Who is the Most Underrated Emcee? Who is the Most Overrated? I think Travis Scott is pretty underrated, as for overrated Young Thug, easily.
6. Would You Rather Eat An Ass or Have Your Ass Eaten? Eat the booty like groceries
7. Onions, Avocados, Both, or Neither? Neither
8. Do you still listen to Eminem? Why?
sabu.png
No. His verse on Medicine Man was the first thing I've heard from him since I heard Love Game from MMLP 2 which made me want to never listen to him again. I didn't bother listening to the rest of the album.
9. Who’s your favorite pop artist? And who’s the finest? Justin Timberlake still holds the crown, the finest? Rihanna, easy.
10. Recall a personal event that went down about a week ago...Had a customer come in and throw death threats at us so we had the to have the cops show up

RP912

Banned
I've creeped this thread for a couple years now, figure I might as well start posting here in there

Musical Tastes

1. Pick a Coast to rep (Chiraq or Atlantistan) - West
2. What’s your favorite subgenre of rap? (Conscious/Backpack, Trap/Drill, Mafioso, WC Gangsta, Swag, Weed, Hyphy, Club, etc) - Really dig Jazz rap and would love to find some more artists into that genre
3. Favorite Artists (Pick Five) - Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar, Travi$ Scott, Drake, Frank Ocean
4. Favorite Artists Outside of Hip-Hop (Pick Five) - John Mayer, Gary Clark Jr., Justin Timberlake, Florence & The Machine, Jamie xx
5. What was your hip-hop AOTY last year? What’s your current hip-hop AOTY? 2014 AOTY = RTJ2 . 2015 AOTY = TPAB

6. What are you listening to right now? - The Internet - Girl

7. What’s something you like that you might consider a guilty pleasure? What’s something you haven’t listened to that you think a hip-hop aficionado might give you shit for? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKp2CrfmVfw Here - Alessia Cara

Never listened to The Cool in it's entirety, never been a big Lupe fan

8. Rank a Random Rapper’s Discography (Pick Someone With > 3 Albums)

Kanye West - MBDTF > TCD > LR > Yeezus > 808's but I still fucking love 808's

GAF-Hop Discusses

1. What do you like about the current state of hip-hop? What’s missing from the game? The amount of quality music being put out, 2015 has been blessed. An artist to deviate from the typical "fucked on codeine and fucking bitches " kind of shit, part of why I love TPAB so much.
2. Who’s Your Favorite Wu-Tang Member? Gotta go with Raekwon
3. Jay-Z or Nas? Biggie or Pac? Young Thug or OG Maco? Nas, Biggie, Fuck em both
4. What Hip-Hop Album Are You Currently Anticipating? Swish
5. Who is the Most Underrated Emcee? Who is the Most Overrated? I think Travis Scott is pretty underrated, as for overrated Young Thug, easily.
6. Would You Rather Eat An Ass or Have Your Ass Eaten? Eat the booty like groceries
7. Onions, Avocados, Both, or Neither? Neither
8. Do you still listen to Eminem? Why?
sabu.png
No. His verse on Medicine Man was the first thing I've heard from him since I heard Love Game from MMLP 2 which made me want to never listen to him again. I didn't bother listening to the rest of the album.
9. Who’s your favorite pop artist? And who’s the finest? Justin Timberlake still holds the crown, the finest? Rihanna, easy.
10. Recall a personal event that went down about a week ago...Had a customer come in and throw death threats at us so we had the to have the cops show up

Welcom....

giphy.gif

FZZ

Banned
Have a friend who just got started on coke, xan, and x

Fucker thinks he's invincible, and even though I repeatedly tell and plead with him not to fuck with that shit he says he's fine

He's ONLY taken 6 lines, he's ONLY popped e 7 times, he ONLY takes xan when he can't go to bed

And this was around a month ago have no idea how much he's done since. Dude was ready to go into the marines and everything and then it all falls apart...

mooooose

Drug related deaths always suck. Everyone should try drugs but you need to exercise caution. Try to be responsible (though it's hard and we all fuck up).

Try to keep your benzo/opiate usage to a minimum but enjoy them.

illadelph

Big Ghost on KRIT album art:

"Homie might really have one of the strongest catalogs of the last 5 yrs bruh...n the artwork is damn near always on point too. I mean look at that spectacular array of hues n shit b. As you can see I had to lay out the exquisite florentine cashmere blanket that was handwoven by a 115 yr old peasant woman...on my photog shit. Cats really dont take enough pride in things like asthetics n packaging when it comes to they little albums n mixtapes n whatever these days yo. But maybe they never had the encouragement from the adults n role models in they life to explore they imaginations when they was kids. If you a parent or a teacher or big brother/sister you gotta cultivate that shit in these little mutahfuckas fam. Not jus to help em think artistically but to help em be more interesting people when they get grown n shit. Dont jus let em draw pictures wit the little 6 packs of crayons n teach em to stay inside the lines.. Let em color outside the lines n get em the 64 packs or the crayola caddies wit the sharpeners n the magentas n various shades of skin tones so they not jus coloring every person they doodle Akon brown or bumblebee yellow or cotton candy pink. Give em the little beige n hazelnut joints. Give em options b. #Krit don't seem to me like the type of dude who really had that problem as a youngin tho... Except maybe on the first joint if we keepin it a buck. I dont got nothin against the clean minimalist type shit but at the end of the day the cover on that Krit Wuz Here joint really dont stand out in my mind as some type of brilliant masterpiece...unlike the music itself which is actually a brilliant masterpiece. But by the time he got to Return of 4Eva the shit on the cover started to match the content of the albums. Artwork wise it was like homie had gone from Minivan to Murcielago overnight. Being a connoisseur of the arts n a individual of refined tastes this is some shit I can truly appreciate yo. As you could see from the Cadillactica shit son is really not playin at all. I predict by his 10th album the shit gon be like a 3 dimensional hologram wit dancin women n elephants on bicycles n UFOs that shoot actual lasers on that muthafucka. Aight peace."

Koozek

Okay. This will sound super strange. I dreamt of HiResDes last night. Like, the actual person, looking like in his new avatar. Met him at a local party and my mind was blown when I recognized him. And then it turned out that he even lives in the small town next to mine. In rural Germany. Dropped him off at his family's house and suddenly a bunch of students were walking around his place with drinks in their hands. I asked him what they were doing there and he said that his house is also rented out as a hostel. Then I woke up.

Nibel

Okay. This will sound super strange. I dreamt of HiResDes last night. Like, the actual person, looking like in his new avatar. Met him at a local party and my mind was blown when I recognized him. And then it turned out that he even lives in the small town next to mine. In rural Germany. Dropped him off at his family's house and suddenly a bunch of students were walking around his place with drinks in their hands. I asked him what they were doing there and he said that his house is also rented out as a hostel. Then I woke up.

zit76ueo6qhk.gif

Man my top 10 from that old thread was pretty great...

List (no order):

De La Soul - Is Dead
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
Gravediggaz - 6 Feet Deep
Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
Raekwon - Only Built for Cuban Linx
Prince Paul - Prince Amongst Thieves
Mos Def - Black On Both Sides
Dizzee Rascal - Boy In Da Corner
M.I.A. - Kala

The Cool and The Documentary being goats is some shit though :lol

its aight man, the quarterly wrap-up is still coming. Stay strong.

Put on a leather jacket and dudes start dreaming about you. Good grief.

Or maybe that shits denim? Can't tell on my phone right now. Koozek, tell me what it was since you're having fever dreams and shit.

MoodyFog

Don't let spindashing see this post, battybwoi

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Canibus x Onyx :)

This is addictive, now I'm getting distracted mixing acapellas with instrumentals instead of cooking or doing the laundry.

OG Kush

Have a friend who just got started on coke, xan, and x

Fucker thinks he's invincible, and even though I repeatedly tell and plead with him not to fuck with that shit he says he's fine

He's ONLY taken 6 lines, he's ONLY popped e 7 times, he ONLY takes xan when he can't go to bed

And this was around a month ago have no idea how much he's done since. Dude was ready to go into the marines and everything and then it all falls apart...

Mate what are you on .
I've just graduated in june from university. Did coke and MDMA countless time... well if I had to count probably did like 40 lines of coke and dropped MDMA maybe like 50 times. I haven't done any drugs since june. You can live life a little and if you got you're head screwed on you'll be good. Shit one week i did MDMA 3 times, coke twice and ketamine once, as well as drinking plenty of alcohol on the days i did these two.

Not defending drugs or anything like that. and yeah in one month as you says is diff compared to a 2 year period for me, but it may just be a phase hes going through.

Eos

God damn this is some hot garbage. Terrible.
Holy shit @ at that Cudi track. I've made better music than that.

Edit: Can't argue with no Jay-Z.
Reasonable Doubt and The Blueprint are definitely classics, some of the best rap albums ever. TBA is really good as well but I consider those albums above it.

damn RIP

Expecting flames but Migos' most recent projects have been really bad

RP912

Banned
Mia X- Unlady Like

220px-Unlady_Like.jpg

1997 continues to bless the No Limit label with successful projects such as I’m Bout It and Tru 2 Da Game. It’s time for the first lady (no not Sonya C) Mia X to drop her sophomore album entitled “Unlady Like”. Wow, what can I say but this is truly a huge improvement over her debut album “Good Girl Gone Bad”. Mia feels at home with this album with dope tracks such as the opening track You Don’t Wanna Go 2 War, the smash hit The Party Don’t Stop, I’ll Take Ya Man ’97, and Mama’s Family. The whole album feels like time and consideration was put into the making of it compared to most No Limit albums that felt like RUSH RUSH RUSH UGH! It’s creative and unique, especially having a spoken word track on the album entitled “Hoodlum Poetry” that really made me smile since poetry has always been a part of me.

Of course the No Limit army is featured on the album along with Fox Boogie aka Foxy Brown. Unlady Like is a huge leap of improvement and truly recommended for fans of hip hop. It still kind of bums me out that Mia X doesn’t get the love and support as most female MC’s like MC Lyte, Queen Latifah, L Hill, and so on…because she is one of the best rappers to come out in the south that’s criminally underrated.

Overall Score: 8.5

IrishNinja

i hurrd there's a GAF-hop community on PSN now

I can explain this

okay so ima try

An eminem album, two outkast and Lupe albums, a 7/10 album from Kanye, kid cudi,a Mos def and Talib Kweli album, and nothing by Jay-Z or 2pac.

Whew

1) that's about the best em album, and we just weren't ready to fight the "EM GOT CLASSICS B" camp full force back then...that's why the herbs in OT think the net "hating" on Em by not falling over each other to call him the GOAT is hate; because it was only a few years ago some got comfortable calling him on his shit

2) those 2 outkast albums are fantastic but we could swap aquemini out for something

3) that mos/kweli is a classic b

4) ya'll still wouldn't put a pac album up there though; half this thread shits on dude whenever i bring him up. it's like the anti-coli

got notin on the lack of jigga or the cudi/lupe noms there though

Ohnonono

Feel sorry for Vince. I take Xanax every day legally and I don't even really feel it. It just keeps me on an even keel so I don't have panic attacks from very silly things. It also makes me more active and I keeps me from falling into depression. I take an extended release version so I don't get "high" from it in any kind of fun way. I have no idea how much people are taking when they use it for recreation but even as someone who has been on it for a long ass time I know you just don't fucking play with it. My Dr. always tells me that I don't really feel anything because I am someone who actually needs it, but I just have no context for why it would even be fun.

BlackJace

Lately, my college campus has a bit of a problem with Xanax too. It's sad that people don't realize that mixing it with alcohol is asking for your heart to stop, apparently.

Honestly I could theoretically cosign a top 20 without any Hov, and certainly one without any 2pac. But including Lupe, Cudi, and Kanye West is disgusting brehs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom