• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

Today feels radically different. Today is the only day where meaningful numbers of republicans have seen the writing on the wall. Might still take ages but Tuesday the 16th has felt pivotal in terms of tone.

This is my take as well. This is also the megaton we hadn't had yet.

I'm getting drunk tonight.

TaterTots

Banned
I was never one to talk about impeachment, but lol. So who is our next overlord? Pence? Prepare ourselves for shock therapy to be straight.

Syncytia

Lol at the dude who was just speaking on CNN pushing back "WELL WHY DIDN'T COMEY TALK ABOUT THIS EARLIER?!"

This is what Fox News is going with when I briefly saw it. "Comey should have told him that was an inappropriate comment, he should have sent his memo to the House Oversight Committee" and more deflecting trying to make Comey the bad guy.

FStubbs

This is true, but this is happening way faster than Watergate. This is like Hyper Watergate II Turbo Edition

This is also way worse than watergate. This is treason and high crimes.

I also think this thing goes far beyond just Trump. I think Sessions, Pence, and a good number of other Trump and GOP officials are probably compromised as well.

Cuburt

C_-_rItU0AA7MyW.jpg:large

Congress absolutely can't let Trump have his puppet FBI director at this point, in light of these allegations.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Mark Halperin‏ @MarkHalperin 10m10 minutes ago
More
I've always wondered in the back of my mind what it would take to break Twitter.

20m20 minutes ago
More
Past praise or criticism of Comey by any politician is no longer really germane to the battle that is about to take place.
22m22 minutes ago

A showdown is now inevitable. The only question is who will get to choose the place & time?

EucIfYY.gif

zelas

Everyone on CNN are talking like an impeachment trial is pretty much a foregone conclusion.

They're talking it up because ever since Trump was inaugurated, impeachment talk has been boiling under the surface with people who don't actually know how the process works. They're exploiting the sentiment for ratings.

KingKong

Impeachment would be the worst thing that could happen. Its much better to ride his and the republicans unpopularity into big wins in 2018 and 2020 instead of giving them an easy out

FStubbs

I think you'll see a lot of what we saw during the Obama administration - a few independent actors that, sadly, are going to hurt and/or kill a few innocent people but I doubt this is going to lead to much. If Trump's this far out of the mainstream I doubt his base is going to get a whole lot of lip service outside of a few nutcases.

That did just make me think - the GOP already had to distance themselves from Bush, now they'll have to do the same thing with Trump, only more severely. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of limp-dick assholes.

Even though rape is a pre-existing condition in Trump care, limp dick isn't.

I dunno. I honestly think McConnell is more evil than Bannon. At least in terms of what he'll tolerate.

McConnell has the same core base beliefs as Bannon but he's actually a politician.

Impeachment would be the worst thing that could happen. Its much better to ride his and the republicans unpopularity into big wins in 2018 and 2020 instead of giving them an easy out

If things keep going the way they are, the political gain isn't worth the damage to the country

They're talking it up because ever since Trump was inaugurated, impeachment talk has been boiling under the surface with people who don't actually know how the process works. They're exploiting the sentiment for ratings.

Nah, they aren't the only ones talking about it. This isn't some little thing.

If things keep going the way they are, the political gain isn't worth the damage to the country

Agree 100%.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Today is Thermidore 1. People are tired of ganging up on trump for this nonstory.

Also kander sux

Zyae

I never want to see

"BOOM"
"This is it"
"He's done"
"It's happening"

or any variation thereof in a Trump thread again

It always looks kinda embarrassing when something even crazier happens a few days later and still nothing has changed.

These things take months dude. Its all linked.

No, Trump is a real fucking threat to this country right now. There's no reason to play games in a situation like this.

slit

If Trump goes, Pence does. He's too tangled in all of this, too. Ryan probably.

I know people keep saying this but I doubt that will happen. Pence seems to be laying low. It'll probably be hard to get anything to stick to him. Granted, the way the bombshells keep dropping that could change quickly.

Impeachment and even getting to the point of impeachment will be slow, IMO. It'll easily drag into the 2018 elections, or be fresh enough to be on the minds of voters.

If Trump goes, Pence does. He's too tangled in all of this, too. Ryan probably.

Yeah, I can't imagine how anybody in this administration stays given the scale here, guilty or not they must all be removed. This begs the question, if it goes down to Ryan, who becomes the POTUS? assuming that his entire administration is compromised.

Weren't the American conservatives in a row over Bill Clinton being inside the same aeroplane as someone with with ties to some investigative agency?

Top Bottom