• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT2| Prepare to Vengarl

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Eh, I don't want to shit this thread up but since this is Dark Souls (1) related... by the way, don't take the warning pics for granted! They are pretty brutal.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36925741&postcount=73

Link to the thing ^

Image to the thing below (best way of not "accidentally" clicking on the pictures) :p

Oh damn - now that's unhindered hype to the maximum. I read everything and clicked on the pictures for the full experience (they weren't that bad). How far did you get in your marathon lol?

zma1013

I leveled up to BoB rank 1 last night with my DS2-is-broken-build. Won 90% of fights even when playing around. I think parries might be a bit to easy once again and balance is just pure lol imho.

Build is 120

50 VIT
20 END
16 VIG
2 ATN
12 STR
25 DEX
18 ADP
15 INT
15 FAI

Using Dark Chaos Blade with Resonant Weapon, killing most people in 2-3 hits or 1 critical. Will eventually spice down reqs to go 10/10 INT/FAI probably. Not sure where to put points, maybe END/VIG/ADP.

Anyone else into experimenting with (broken) builds interested in doing some sparring?

I'd say invest at least 5 more into END. It gives you enough stamina to have a tiny sliver left for an extra hit or roll with some weapons from my experience.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
LOL I just saw the last sentence of that post!

"Will this stop me from doing crazy shit when Diablo 3 is released? Oh hell no".

If I only knew :lol :lol :lol
Oh damn - now that's unhindered hype to the maximum. I read everything and clicked on the pictures for the full experience (they weren't that bad). How far did you get in your marathon lol?
It was a long time ago, but if I remember correctly, I got two characters to Anor Londo (the spear+shield-guy beat O&S), then I made a 100% caster that came to Havel right at the beginning.

After that, I went to the doctor (and then bed) :lol

VJzDwrP.jpg

My dude is such a thug...

Eh, I don't want to shit this thread up but since this is Dark Souls (1) related... by the way, don't take the warning pics for granted! They are pretty brutal.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36925741&postcount=73

Link to the thing ^

Image to the thing below (best way of not "accidentally" clicking on the pictures) :p
Oh man I am dying reading this! If anyone wants to be entertained for a good while go back to the first Dark Souls |OT| when Yoshi first got the game. So many hilarious posts during that marathon.

Minamu

Are there any story and dialog adds in ng+ to explain the new enemies and the world repeating etc? Always felt like a big "plot hole" so to speak in the previous games.

Also, it'd be cool if white phantoms from blood stains etc could distract enemies and bosses. Also feels like a missed opportunity and easy to implement :/

Arcayne

Boom! S. Demon down on first try with Luca more than alive in NG+ at SL150. A grand ol' FU to this boss who wrecked me for hours in NG. /spitspitspit

Huehuehuehue

ultron87

I am getting worked so hard in Shrine of Amana.

The section where there are
something 3 consecutive sorceresses shooting tracking bolts is just wrecking me.
It kind of bums me out that I can eventually get past it by attrition thanks to the despawning.

LiK

something 3 consecutive sorceresses shooting tracking bolts is just wrecking me.
It kind of bums me out that I can eventually get past it by attrition thanks to the despawning.

Bow and arrow made that section a cakewalk.

That's the only reason I got through that area... I should have just stopped being stubborn and pulled out a bow... Hardest part of the entire game as a pure melee character, in my opinion, at least without considering bosses.

zma1013

That's the only reason I got through that area... I should have just stopped being stubborn and pulled out a bow... Hardest part of the entire game as a pure melee character, in my opinion, at least without considering bosses.

There's no shame in using it. They are spamming projectiles at you non-stop. It's only fair to retaliate with projectile spam of your own.

There's no shame in using it. They are spamming projectiles at you non-stop. It's only fair to retaliate with projectile spam of your own.
I know... I have this problem where I think I can do something with a certain tactic so I'm too stubborn to just try something different. When I get to that part on NG+ I will definitely be breaking out the bow.

I know... I have this problem where I think I can do something with a certain tactic so I'm too stubborn to just try something different. When I get to that part on NG+ I will definitely be breaking out the bow.

For melee classes you just dont have to do so much noise also take your time of being aware of your enviroment maybe you are aggroing one close to you than the one you are seeing also most of the sorcerers there can be taken one by one except the last two before the second bonfire.

You can try using a more lighter armor so they cant notice you.

Just tell yourself you're farming them until they disappear... I got a lot of twinkling titanite and effigies from all the "farming" I did there!

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

I went to Gavlan and bought 500 poison arrows after getting fed up my first time through. Screw that area.

Easily the most annoying section of the game. There is an NPC summon along the main pathway after the second bonfire. She is a complete tank with a ton of magic defense and HP. Summon her and just move on.

Leezard

Shouldn't sorceries be better in coop? I mean you have easier time casting spells when boss concentrates on someone else than you when coop.

Until people cast too many spells because they think they are safe, and are slaughtered due to lack of stamina. ;)

Well in regards to sorcerers, I always found them quite helpful in boss fights like the 3 sentry guards in Heide tower. After the first is killed, break up the two and solo 1 v 1 and have a sorcerer hang back and spam lighting at them or something. Worked well with me.

I'm curious, do people online tend to use voice chat or not? I remember theconstant worrying about it before the game launched. Were the fears justified? I wouldn't know, because the first thing I did was to turn voice chat off.

I'm curious, do people online tend to use voice chat or not? I remember theconstant worrying about it before the game launched. Were the fears justified? I wouldn't know, because the first thing I did was to turn voice chat off.

Hard to say, I've only used the ring that enables it to
understand Tark.

SoldnerKei

this, I don't want random noises while I play my games... thou... does anybody use it? lol

Robot Pants

I don't think many people use it. If they do I can't hear it I have mine set to off also.

At a certain point in the game I pretty much poison arrow'd everything. They are incredibly useful if you don't want to fight enemies up close.

Only takes 4 arrows total to get it going and I think it ticks for 1000 damage in total.

People that heal in BoB and BS duals are scum.
No honor.

Love the guys who waste time throwing a Lloyd's Talisman at me assuming I'm a healer and give me a second to set up. I never heal so they're only hurting themselves by being overcautious.

Anyway, who cares if they do? People are afraid of adaptability so they heal slowly, giving you plenty of time to punish. Not hard to catch up to someone trying to heal in the arena. It's a tactical choice that only pays off if you let it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom