• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A.R.C Squadron Pre-Alpha Release Thread - Crimson Skies meets Starfox

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Does this really need to install redistributables with every update? Are the different redistributables not compatible with each other? Just curious, kind of annoying to have every big game (not speaking for this here, love you guys) install a different version or whatever and have my default programs etc full of such stuff.

Alextended said:
Does this really need to install redistributables with every update? Are the different redistributables not compatible with each other? Just curious, kind of annoying to have every big game (not speaking for this here, love you guys) install a different version or whatever and have my default programs etc full of such stuff.

Nope. People were having issues with being unable to run the game and the redist fixed those, so for now we're erring on the side of caution to get it installed for sure, but it shouldn't bother you again (our tools guy says the problem is "solved"). Sorry for the hassle.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
ickingfudiot said:
Sorry for the hassle.
You should be. All the hours of fun don't make up for whole seconds of viewing another redistributable installation :mad:

So on this subject, we're looking for volunteers in EU with good connections to host a dedicated server for us. If you're interested, PM me your details:

Connection speed:
NAT Type:
(This is important so we can be sure that you are able to properly host the game)
CPU speed:
(2 core minimum)
(XP SP3 or higher)
Your name and contact information:
(personal email + phone number, probably won't need to call you ever, but in case of emergencies
http://www.psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=148562#p148562

Thought some Gaffers may be interested in that. My internet is less than amazing so I wouldn't be much good.

Triple post get.

We’re pushing out another update today with some new stuff for you guys to try out.

AirFighter_NoStripes.jpg

Added a new single player time trial mode called “Speed Run” – try it out and let us know what your best time is!
The RIFT faction has a brand new plane!
New primary weapon – the Shotgun! It fires a powerful spray of bullets that are deadly at short range.
New secondary weapon – the Timed Bomb! It fires a projectile that creates a large explosion after a set amount of time.
Changed the Missile weapon. They are no longer lock-on. Instead, they can be fired without a lock but are not able to seek enemies as accurately.
http://www.psyonix.com/2011/04/arc-squadron-update-version-0-0-5/

Shame that this kinda petered out, but it makes sense. I'm guessing they get spikes of new players after each update and eventually there'll be enough content for people to play consistently :)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It's just an inside look to their game so I don't expect a lot of heat until the final product. This is great that they're doing this though.

esserius

Banned
I would love to see some sort of mode that's purely explorative. Like an open world that dynamically generates terrain to explore? Seems like this game would be perfect for something like that. Ton of fun, in any case. Looking forward to seeing more.

msv

Pretty awesome game, love the look of it, and glad that they're going with an arcady/fun type of style. A fixed camera on top of the plane pov would be nice, steering with the mouse is a bit wonky with this pov, find myself oversteering by a long shot every time. Oh and the new menu screen/layer sound is a bit too much in your face. Very promising game, I'll be sure to keep watching this topic.

Ezalc

I just finished downloading the game today and there was nobody playing it. Perhaps we could get a few games going?

Sirius

^I agree. It would be best just to set some sort of unofficial time and day when all GAFers should congregate in multiplayer.

So over a year later and Psyonix just released a new trailer for this game. It's...looking pretty different nowadays. It's gonna be an iOS game for a start. Hopefully there's the possibility of an Android release sometime? Anyway, here's the trailer. I wonder how much of what we have today is due to the feedback they received?

ARC Squadron Gameplay Trailer June 2012

Raide

So over a year later and Psyonix just released a new trailer for this game. It's...looking pretty different nowadays. It's gonna be an iOS game for a start. Hopefully there's the possibility of an Android release sometime? Anyway, here's the trailer. I wonder how much of what we have today is due to the feedback they received?

ARC Squadron Gameplay Trailer June 2012

So has the old idea been dropped in favour of this one or is this just a side project?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I searched this and to my surprise, there was semi recent posts and I came to post on the game being an iOS game now. I can't say I will get it because well......I have no iOS device at the time but I wish the guys luck. I PM'd one of the guys here to see what's going on and while I'm happy that a game is still coming, I'm also disappointed that this isn't on PC anymore. I hope Psyonix isn't one of those iOS/Android devs and makes SARPBC2 because the community is definitely clamoring for it.

Arc was fun when I tried it a year ago but everything's been so quiet on every front. Doesn't instill much confidence in the companies existence or plans for something like SARPBC2.

It's finally released! I can't download it 'til Monday when I get my iPod Touch back but it seems to be getting very very good reviews so far :) It's 69p/$0.69 for today which is probably helping :) It's made its way into the top 50 paid apps as well.

Oh, and if anyone found their way into this thread through caring about SARPBC, there was an interesting post on the forums about how the game relates to SARPBC 2's development. http://www.psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8394

Top Bottom