• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Cake Boss

Banned
j1JBB1WmcgAkx.JPG

jtH2q7GodylI7.JPG

iQWdm743v9Wi8.gif

Socreges

Banned
Anyone else have a couple fucking selfish psychopaths in their immediate family?

My mom and sister (early 30s) are fighting again. Massive argument where they may not speak for weeks or months. My dad is sick and this only places more stress on him as he's caught in the middle. And upcoming birthday/holidays get togethers promise to be a cluster fuck unless they miraculously make up and get over it (seems unlikely as they've both said things that are hard to take back).

I always get stressed about this. Wish it were only their own lives affected by their drama

/vent

Guys... Guys.. Guys, seriously. Fast Pass at Cedar Point was the best $110 I've spent in my life. I rode every coaster there and never waited more than 30 minutes. This must be how the 1% live.

First time I've been there in 15 years, so I went on the Millennium Force, Maverick, and Raptor twice.

Wait so you spent an additional $110 that is meant to cut down on lines but still waited up to a half hour for rides?

The fuck?

Marvie_3

Banned
Anyone else have a couple fucking selfish psychopaths in their immediate family?

My mom and sister (early 30s) are fighting again. Massive argument where they may not speak for weeks or months. My dad is sick and this only places more stress on him as he's caught in the middle. And upcoming birthday/holidays get togethers promise to be a cluster fuck unless they miraculously make up and get over it (seems unlikely as they've both said things that are hard to take back).

I always get stressed about this. Wish it were only their own lives affected by their drama

/vent
No but I have more than my fair share in my extended family......which is why I haven't spoken to most of them in more than a decade.

/vent

Yep. And there's nothing I've been able to do other than cut people out of my life.

Heretic

/vent

:( Sorry bud... I have extended family that haven't spoken to each other for years because of petty shit.

Acid08

Banned

/vent
Yup, my mother. My condolences man, I guess just try to be there for you pops.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wait so you spent an additional $110 that is meant to cut down on lines but still waited up to a half hour for rides?

The fuck?
It was 30 minutes or 2.5 hours. Take your pick. Most rides were just walk on or a 5 minute wait while they set up the next car. The 30 minute waits were for the most popular rides and of course there were other fast pass people in front of us for those too.

Socreges

Banned
Saying "GF" feels stupid and lame as hell. I hate it when people are all my gf my gf my gf my gf, like me right now. I want to hit me so bad just because I'm talking about her a lot. "Partner" is what you say if you're the type of person who says "We're pregnant". "+1" is a bit too informal, but I might just use that as a last case scenario.
MY GF and I call each other "partner" when we hear others use it, but only in cowboy accents.

Fiancé is the worst. It's always novel and strange to them, even though they love saying it, which makes it sound unnatural. Plus it's French.

I refer to MY GF by her name whenever possible. People figure it out, though then it sounds presumptuous, as if everyone should already know who she is.

Ultimately I'll have to marry her -- because we all accept "my wife" since it seems pejorative and love when people hate the person they're with.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The term "girlfriend" is something strictly reserved for romantic partners in German (because it doesn't really exist as such), so when girls mentioned they had "a girlfriend" I used to think they were gay when I first came here. No joke. I learned quickly that it also had a casual meaning.

Socreges

Banned
No but I have more than my fair share in my extended family......which is why I haven't spoken to most of them in more than a decade.

Yep. And there's nothing I've been able to do other than cut people out of my life.

:( Sorry bud... I have extended family that haven't spoken to each other for years because of petty shit.
Word. I've got cousins I don't speak to, but they're certifiably insane. Unfortunately that's meant I'm not close to other people in their family who are fine and I'd like to see more of.

Yup, my mother. My condolences man, I guess just try to be there for you pops.
Yeah, for sure. Might take the ferry over this weekend the more I think about it. We suspect he has Parkinson's. He sees a neurologist on Thursday. I really hope it's nothing... but it's almost certainly something. Should be an interesting week.

Socreges

Banned
The term "girlfriend" is something strictly reserved for romantic partners in German (because it doesn't really exist as such), so when girls mentioned they had "a girlfriend" I used to think they were gay when I first came here. No joke. I learned quickly that it also had a casual meaning.
My girlfriends and I went to the club last weekend...

*Smelly leans closer*

It was 30 minutes or 2.5 hours. Take your pick. Most rides were just walk on or a 5 minute wait while they set up the next car. The 30 minute waits were for the most popular rides and of course there were other fast pass people in front of us for those too.

That is insane to me. Paying extra and having to wait more than 10 for anything would have me hounding for a refund. Hell, how on earth can people pay money to go to an amusement park and then spend half of the day waiting in line for two rides?

I couldn't do it. Ew.

MY GF and I call each other "partner" when we hear others use it, but only in cowboy accents.

Fiancé is the worst. It's always novel and strange to them, even though they love saying it, which makes it sound unnatural. Plus it's French.

I refer to MY GF by her name whenever possible. People figure it out, though then it sounds presumptuous, as if everyone should already know who she is.

Ultimately I'll have to marry her -- because we all accept "my wife" since it seems pejorative and love when people hate the person they're with.

The worst is when guys (at least I've only heard guys say it) refer to their significant other as "The wife" or "the girlfriend". Makes it seem so damn possessive.

Heretic

That is insane to me. Paying extra and having to wait more than 10 for anything would have me hounding for a refund. Hell, how on earth can people pay money to go to an amusement park and then spend half of the day waiting in line for two rides?

I couldn't do it. Ew.

Don't ever come to Disneyland.

Quick

Banned

/vent

Not quite the same, but I understand. This is incredibly stressful and overall just unnecessarily difficult for everyone.

What's even more tiring on my end is when shit is aired out in front of everyone, then when you intervene, you're told to back off because it's a "private matter" between both of people and not everyone else's.

Socreges

Banned

I couldn't do it. Ew.

The worst is when guys (at least I've only heard guys say it) refer to their significant other as "The wife" or "the girlfriend". Makes it seem so damn possessive.
That's a weird take. It's actually to make them 'the other' and put them at a distance. Sometimes as a joke, sometimes with hostility. Never really indicates a possessive attitude.

Tsundere (ツンデレ?, pronounced [tsɯndeɽe]) is a Japanese character development process that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.

Goddamnit I hate you TUSR

/vent

I'm 29 and my sister is 32. We can't be friends or civil no matter how hard we try.

Socreges

Banned
Not quite the same, but I understand. This is incredibly stressful and overall just unnecessarily difficult for everyone.

What's even more tiring on my end is when shit is aired out in front of everyone, then when you intervene, you're told to back off because it's a "private matter" between both of people and not everyone else's.
My sister's husband intervened but on the side of one person, which only escalated the situation. If you're going to intervene, do it properly.

GOOD PALS <3

Where's that GIF of Donald Duck hugging Huey/Dewey/LouieandtheNews

if you ever do marry her then you have to say "my wife" like borat

Wear an Austin Powers costume while doing it.

IT'S YA GURL MIZZ SOC

You're excused because you're hardly the MY GF MY GF MY GF type. Actually, I really wouldn't say anyone in NHL-GAF is. It's an immature trait where you keep having to mention them in conversation or relate whatever topic is being talked about to them, or even consistently share their opinion or anecdotes to the point where the person acts like this...

mittleman.jpg

I'm okay with this.

Katniss.

Quick

Banned
I christen this new page in honour of Dastardly's return, and his "thing" with his newfound ladyfriend.

ibHE5xY5UjJBA.gif

My sister's husband intervened but on the side of one person, which only escalated the situation. If you're going to intervene, do it properly.

Pretty much. That's why I rarely butt in on these things. I know I'll probably fuck up and make it worse, so I leave people to tire themselves out.

Top Bottom