• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 (PC) £19.80 @cdkeys.com

kavanf1

storafötter;187295892 said:
So we dont get the keys until close to release. Feels a bit odd to buy a product and it says check again at release. Oh well I look forward to playing this in 60fps. Only played soul games at max 30 fps. I didnt register an account so I am guessing I only use the email I recieved for later? Never used the place before.
That's exactly what you do - one day you will click the link and the code will be available.

SeppOCE

Code isn't working for me, I hit apply coupon and it refreshes the page with the same price as before.

EDIT: Now it isn't valid :'(

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Still waiting for the code.

FiraB

Banned
I love how people say they will support the developers elsewhere for more money, sorry but thats not how publisher agreements work. The higher the price the more the publisher will get, FromSoft is on a fixed rate like how all publishers work, its them that win for your higher dollar not the developer.

AlucardGV

Banned
I love how people say they will support the developers elsewhere for more money, sorry but thats not how publisher agreements work. The higher the price the more the publisher will get, FromSoft is on a fixed rate like how all publishers work, its them that win for your higher dollar not the developer.

so the evil publisher who commissioned the game to from software doesn't deserve them? cute

Red Hood

Banned
I'm no maths genius, but I knew £19.80 couldn't be €38.99 :(

Would the xbox version be worth getting over pc if i could get it for half the price?

Obviously performance would be less than satisfactory compared to the PC version, but if the previous games are something to go by, the population is a lot higher on consoles.

Might be something to consider if you're planning on doing a lot of co-op or PvP.

I'm no maths genius, but I knew £19.80 couldn't be €38.99 :(

Obviously performance would be less than satisfactory compared to the PC version, but if the previous games are something to go by, the population is a lot higher on consoles.

Might be something to consider if you're planning on doing a lot of co-op or PvP.

i do do a lot of co op. at least i did in BB

I guess Amazon are a grey retailer for selling SFV for $10.

Twice.

For some reason whenever PC players look for deals it's wrong. It's only OK for console players to get games for cheaper than PSN/Live - you are literally Hitler if you don't buy PC games on Steam!!

Such an evil bump though, I thought of getting the PC version if it was THAT cheap. I'll still get the PS4 version to avoid cheater invaders though.

Red Hood

Banned
i do do a lot of co op. at least i did in BB

Can you handle 30fps, probably some occasional dips, and somewhat less pretty visuals? Then I'd go for the XBO one. I suspect both console versions to have a considerably larger co-op/PvP user base in the long run than the PC version.

Plus, you could always sell off your copy and put it towards the by then discounted PC version if you want to in the future.

Kolx

Any deals on the game now like this? I got the game + dlc for 68$ but I can cancel if I want b4 release and go for another deal.

For some reason whenever PC players look for deals it's wrong. It's only OK for console players to get games for cheaper than PSN/Live - you are literally Hitler if you don't buy PC games on Steam!!

Such an evil bump though, I thought of getting the PC version if it was THAT cheap. I'll still get the PS4 version to avoid cheater invaders though.

Are there really many of them on PC?

IgMyx.gif

Durante

Are there really many of them on PC?
No. I played a combined 350 hours of Dark Souls 1 and 2 on PC, all of that online and the vast majority of it in coop, and I can count the number of (presumed) cheaters I encountered in that whole time (across what have to be over 1000 online interactions) on one hand.

I suspect both console versions to have a considerably larger co-op/PvP user base in the long run than the PC version.
Why? The opposite was the case in Dark Souls 2.

And even Dark Souls 1 still has an active online player base on PC. There are almost 7000 people playing it right now.

MUnited83

For you.
I guess Amazon are a grey retailer for selling SFV for $10.

Twice.

No, because it's not about what the prices are. Is about if the retailers are authorised or not. CDkeys and G2A, for example, are definitely, objectively, 100% grey resellers. This is not debatable. Whether you are fine with that is subjective and up to you, but they are still grey/unauthorised resellers.

No. I played a combined 350 hours of Dark Souls 1 and 2 on PC, all of that online and the vast majority of it in coop, and I can count the number of (presumed) cheaters I encountered in that whole time (across what have to be over 1000 online interactions) on one hand.

Same here. The fear of hackers is very largely overblown. I've met a whole 2 hackers in 200 hours of DS2, and one of them wasn't even malicious. (he teleported people to a certain area that was unavailable otherwise and he used it as a way of organizing fight clubs)

By the way could you test if DS3 supports the Dual Shock 4 controller natively?

napata

Can you handle 30fps, probably some occasional dips, and somewhat less pretty visuals? Then I'd go for the XBO one. I suspect both console versions to have a considerably larger co-op/PvP user base in the long run than the PC version.

Plus, you could always sell off your copy and put it towards the by then discounted PC version if you want to in the future.

Wait you actually think more people are going to be playing the Xbone version than the pc version? That's ridiculous.

cyba89

That post is not accurate at all. But whatever fits your agenda.
cdkeys is just an unauthorized reseller.

Red Hood

Banned
Why? The opposite was the case in Dark Souls 2.

And even Dark Souls 1 still has an active online player base on PC. There are almost 7000 people playing it right now.

Why? DS on pc has a big community.

I wouldn't say the amount of owners equals the amount of people who are doing co-op or PvP. When I tried getting into the multiplayer components of DS1 last year, it was a godforsaken graveyard on PC. Anor Londo was the only place where I'd get invaded once or twice or find some summon signs, whereas on PS3 (and I imagine X360 as well) the online player base seems to be a lot more active and more importantly, spread out throughout the game.

No, because it's not about what the prices are. Is about if the retailers are authorised or not. CDkeys and G2A, for example, are definitely, objectively, 100% grey resellers. This is not debatable. Whether you are fine with that is subjective and up to you, but they are still grey/unauthorised resellers.
1.) Define 'grey/unauthorised' retailers.
2.) Provide evidence that CDKeys fits your definition.

MUnited83

For you.
1.) Define 'grey/unauthorised' retailers.
2.) Provide evidence that CDKeys fits your definition.

They aren't authorised by the publishers. This is literally what the term means.
CDKeys are not authorised by the publishers.

Geeze man, that was hard!

Johnny Come Latelys complaining about the deal being dead. Tough. If you wanted the deal so bad, you could have gotten it for the several days it was up :)

BernardoOne: Where do you get the cheap keys you sell?
From Steam and from graphics card promotions for the most part.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Johnny Come Latelys complaining about the deal being dead. Tough. If you wanted the deal so bad, you could have gotten it for the several days it was up :)

BernardoOne: Where do you get the cheap keys you sell?

Top Bottom