• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America to hold Media Summit on Feb. 24

Don't make me learn Japanese NoA...

Okaeri%21_Chibi-Robo%21_Happy_Richie_Oosouji%21_Coverart.png
250px-Irozuki_Tingle_no_Koi_no_Balloon_Trip.jpg
256px-CaptainRainbow.jpg

Maybe someday there will be a translation patch for them ;_;

BowieZ

Banned
KuwabaraTheMan said:
No. There are two Paper Mario games. Paper Mario and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, and no others. Nothing has been heard of from the franchise since 2004.
I still don't know why this attitude is so prevalent. Despite the spoof veneer, Super Paper Mario tells one of the most heart-warming RPG stories ever, with an epic finale and a twist ending.

That it spoofs RPG games as well as platformers doesn't disqualify it as a Paper Mario game to me. :/

Bluth54

Deku said:
Yeah North America release dates for these two games are what I really want to see out of this Media Summit, though I've more or less given up on seeing Trace Memory come out in the US.
I'm guessing The Last Window has a decent chance of coming out in the US though.

ALL ABOARD CHOO CHOO!!!

Zelda-Spirit-Tracks-Train-Art-580x342.png

Bloody hell, 7 pages and not even one screen of Nintendo's real hype train. I'm disappointed GAF!

The only thing I reckon we might see there are new trailers of Metroid Another M and Mario Galaxy, along with release dates for the above two games as well as Sin & Punishment 2.

Zelda Wii will be a no show, they have repeatedly stated that it's going to get revealed at E3 and that won't change.

Virtual Handheld might be a possibility. As someone pointed out, the major downloadable game announcements tend to be made here and it's long overdue for release on the DSi! We'll probably see the western version of Wii NoMa as well.

Edit: Ahh thanks grandjedi6 I was looking for that but couldn't find it. You are a saint and a scholar :D

wazoo

What I hate about the Wii is that this is the first gen i feel Nintendo is selecting games on a region basis. Even during the dark ages, all games (at least I thought this) were localized in europe.

Fatal Frame, ExciteBots are still missing and I have fear for ReginLeiv, Line Attack Heroes, Span Smasher

Acosta

wazoo said:
What I hate about the Wii is that this is the first gen i feel Nintendo is selecting games on a region basis. Even during the dark ages, all games (at least I thought this) were localized in europe.

Fatal Frame, ExciteBots are still missing and I have fear for ReginLeiv, Line Attack Heroes, Span Smasher

They didn't release Mario RPG even if fans were literally begging for it, because RPGs was "not appealing" to Europe. They passed with Sin & Punishment in N64, and didn't bother to release a bunch of GC titles like Giftpia. So they have a proud tradition of denying stuff or not bother with it.

wazoo

I do not know if MArio RPG has something to do with the clash between SE and Nintendo after FFVII move to ps1.

I forgot about S&P, yes, maybe it was too late, but yes, you are right, not all was localized.

After checking, Span Smasher is on both NOA and NOE 2010 planning, Line attack Heroes is on NOA (not NOE ?) planning too. I hate that dichotomy.

swerve

Allan Holdsworth said:

I can understand why you'd want Balloon Trip, but I think you'd be disappointed by Chibi Robo DS.

Captain Rainbow was barely released in Japan, so don't feel too hard done by :)

HappyBivouac said:
This is like being in denial and trying to pretend Super Mario World or Super Mario 64 didn't exist or something. Seriously, what. We are talking about a kickass game here.
If it was a good game I'm sure I'd remember it.

But I don't. I sure as heck don't know what you're talking about.

You know what is awesome, reading the post while hearing the Mamma Odie song of the Princess and the Frog.
Dig a Little Deeper
It goes so well with the hype, the trains and the gifs :lol But well, I suppose all good Disney musical songs go well with this thread.

Agnates

Banned
I want them to say Cosmic Walker wasn't cancelled, it was removed from that last release list that showed The Last Story and Xenoblade... I want it...

I thought it would be Sci-Fi Endless Ocean (explore solar systems, galaxies, maybe find alien life forms, not realistic) meets Burning Rangers (the character design reminded me of them for some reason, hope for awesome flying etc) meets Trauma Center (instead of doing surgeries you're fixing up space stations, computers, shuttles etc).

Please...

WillyFive

cacildo said:
Nope. Top Secret IS the funniest movie ever made. Airplane! cant get even close

If you gaf kids never saw this movie do yourself a favor and track this down.

And the best gag of the whole movie its the Nazi´s phone. Its so dumb and so clever at the same time that its almost unbeliaveble

I think the train station leaving and the cows climbing over the binoculars were much more impressive. Even when the guy fell down from the ledge and broke into a million pieces, or when all the people at the diner started playing with the spaghetti while the characters talked casually. Dang, there's a lot of material here.

zalemale

didn't Charles martinet tweet something about recording voices for a new mario that wasn't galaxy 2 or nsmbw? we ever find out what that was? doubt they'd be announcing a new mario something though but who knows

$200

Banned
zalemale said:
didn't Charles martinet tweet something about recording voices for a new mario that wasn't galaxy 2 or nsmbw? we ever find out what that was? doubt they'd be announcing a new mario something though but who knows
Were we told that it wasn't nsmbw?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Allan Holdsworth said:

Okaeri%21_Chibi-Robo%21_Happy_Richie_Oosouji%21_Coverart.png
250px-Irozuki_Tingle_no_Koi_no_Balloon_Trip.jpg
256px-CaptainRainbow.jpg

Maybe someday there will be a translation patch for them ;_;
For Captain Rainbow, is it even possible to sell less copies over sea then how poorly it sold in Japan? Doesn't it only need to move 50,000 units or something?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
wazoo said:

Nintendo is just pissed Tecmo wouldn't fix the bugs in Fatal Frame without getting paid extra to do it. And every other publisher that was somewhat interested in it felt the same, they weren't paying Tecmo to fix the game, and weren't going to publish it as is.

No clue whats up with ExciteBots though. Nintendo has handled the game very oddly.

zalemale said:

That was fake. Martinet doesn't have a Twitter account.

Roelatie

Zarovitch said:
I'm pretty sure we'll see a new Mario Party.
i was thinking the same thing!

Mario Party 9 with different type of boards. One Wario Ware board, One Nintendo collection board ( with wii collection minigames like tennis) and a few regular boards with new games

Please change the pacing! It has to be faster and text has to be skippable ( or less text)

Has this been posted yet?

Nintendo Power says "there will be a few big surprises" coming next issue. [/scan]

Official Nintendo Magazine next issue teases something special, "I suggest you mark 12 March in your diaries now, as we have something very special lined up".

:D

ivysaur12

Banned
Sammy Samusu said:

Nintendo Power says "there will be a few big surprises" coming next issue. [/scan]

Official Nintendo Magazine next issue teases something special, "I suggest you mark 12 March in your diaries now, as we have something very special lined up".

Kingdom Hearts III, duh.

Drkirby said:
Nintendo is just pissed Tecmo wouldn't fix the bugs in Fatal Frame without getting paid extra to do it. And every other publisher that was somewhat interested in it felt the same, they weren't paying Tecmo to fix the game, and weren't going to publish it as is.

No clue whats up with ExciteBots though. Nintendo has handled the game very oddly.
I thought it was Nintendo funded development of Fatal Frame 4 and so other publishers couldn't pick it up or Nintendo won't let them. Come to think of the only time Japanese Nintendo published titles have had different publishers in the west (please give more examples if I'm incomplete) is Mario & sonic games (this seems to be part of the deal Nintendo gets Japan, SEGA gets the world), Cubivore and Polarium Advance (Atlus USA handled these last 2; though NoE published Polarium Advance in Europe).

As for Excitebots, how did this one do sales-figure wise in the end? I guess even with slashing the price multiple times it still didn't take off sales wise (also were there many retailer returns). Now, I would be surprised if either NCL or NoE actually published it.

As for other games Europe didn't get, Mario Super Sluggers (I guess "Europeans don't like baseball" as sales wise this did over a million) and Chibi Robo Park Patrol (probably a similar reason to Excitebots...minus the price-slashing and minus anyone taking into account Walmart exclusivity for a literal lack NPD numbers). That said with those 2 franchises, their prequels didn't do great in Europe (Mario Baseball is probably the rarest Nintendo published PAL Gamecube game out there easily going for over £60 though Chibi Robo was far too late in the systems life to do anything). I thought Excite Truck did okay in Europe (kind of hard to tell due to so few games being out).

Oh boy, I've done it again...

Yeah conference...given the US and European ones being so close to each other I think they will share a few major subjects (a Monster Hunter and DS XL reminder perhaps along with the surprise) then diverge into region specifics.

Previously, Nintendo of Europe media summits have been mainly WiiWare and DSiWare based (or am I confusing media summits exclusively about these, either way I don't recall other Nintendo subsidiaries or even the parent company having such a focus).

Oli

Wouldn't be surprised to see a third pillar hand held released. Single touch screen, slide and flip top think so it works with buttons or without. That sort of thing.

Maybe a couple new games shown, very unlikely that one be Zelda, probably saving that for E3.

Most likely news on Metroid Other M and Mario Galaxy 2.

Sammy Samusu said:

And add to that Nintendo Dream revealing a new game from an established series next month (though, it's likely Pokemon).

mooooose

Sadist said:
I wish it would be a new Fire Emblem. I need my Fire Emblem fix.
There was a "new" Fire Emblem last year. We're not getting another until after IntSys pushes out a new Advance Wars or Paper Mario.

selig

Banned
ôn a more realiistic note, lets hope for the following:

- Paper Mario 3 (the recent NDS-game was a big success, and it´s been so long since SPM)
- StarFox UnIIverse (that could be Miyamoto´s secret MotionPlus-game)
- Pokemon 5th Gen-Reveal (only if there is a Japanese event at the same time)
- Videos of Galaxy 2 and Metroid, announcing them for early summer and fall.
- Sakaguchi coming on stage, talking about first details of The Last Story, having some charming lines about how the name, of course, is a stab at FF and that he intends to create the true FF-successor.
- Definitely NOT a gameplay-trailer, BUT some serious tidbits about Zelda Wii are within reach. Im thinking of details about setting, the sword girl and indepth-details about how the game will use MotionPlus.

Have a nice hype everyone!

Top Bottom