• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco's Tales, Taiko, and Dragon Ball games for Switch due by March 2018

Rpgmonkey

Personally, I hope it's a Destiny R port, if not a collection of it and Destiny 2.

I would like to see them go back to Legendia in some form eventually, since it's the only Mothership title that they haven't done anything with since it launched.

Being able to play the best Tales game on a handheld with sharper graphics and no performance compromises.
so4JWwW.png

Dice//

Banned
Personally, I hope it's a Destiny R port, if not a collection of it and Destiny 2.

I would like to see them go back to Legendia in some form eventually, since it's the only Mothership title that they haven't done anything with since it launched.

If Destiny R was announced for overseas (in any form):
qsqnoIum.jpg

I still get warm fuzzy feelings that they made a "Sword of Legendia" as a cameo logo weapon in Graces f.

I am so, so, so, so, so, SO in for Taiko on Switch. So happy Nintendo finally went region-free with this system, will download from the Japanese eShop day one. :)

Champion

Personally I think this might be a spinoff game like Tales of the world or something
I think Namco would be better off porting one of their recent mainline Tales games over to test the waters and get something on the platform quickly. If they show up on the platform frauding like they did with Dawn of the New World then they shouldnt even bother because the game will bomb.

Toki767

At this rate, I'm hoping for Tales of Vesperia simply because it still isn't backwards compatible. I don't want the English version of that game to be lost to time on the 360.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Does this mean we'll get new Tales news at E3? *Pure speculation*

IIRC they said the next one wouldn't be held back by cross-gen. So... maybe the Switch title is a port of an older game? Or an entirely different title? I can't imagine those two being the same.

duckroll

Does this mean we'll get new Tales news at E3? *Pure speculation*

IIRC they said the next one wouldn't be held back by cross-gen. So... maybe the Switch title is a port of an older game? Or an entirely different title? I can't imagine those two being the same.

No, before E3. Tales of Festival 2017 is on June 2-4.

Some Nobody

I'm thinking about this more and more and I realize there's probably a really good chance this Switch Tales is going to be a port of something existing rather than a new title.

I think if you're not hype about a potential Berseria or anniversary port you should prolly temper your expectations a bit. March '18 is hella quick for the Berseria follow-up I think.

It'll be the best Tales.

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology "HD"

I've only played a few of them and not the newest ones.. so.. out of the three or so Tales games I have played.. that's the one I liked most. (
Compared to Phantasia, Abyss, and Symphonia. Are the new ones better?
)

kromeo

It'll be the best Tales.

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology "HD"

I've only played a few of them and not the newest ones.. so.. out of the three or so Tales games I have played.. that's the one I liked most. (
Compared to Phantasia, Abyss, and Symphonia. Are the new ones better?
)

No, none of the games for a long while have been as good as Abyss or Symphonia

No, none of the games for a long while have been as good as Abyss or Symphonia

Oh.. O_O

I liked the combat in Radiant Mythology. A good combat and crafting system will keep me in an RPG for a long time. I have a ton of hours logged into Summon Knight: Swordcraft Story for that reason.

kewlmyc

This is what I want. Overseas for the first time and it's the 20th anniversary, so it's just as likely to happen as a Vesperia 10th anniversary edition.

It's going to just be a Berseria and/or Zestiria port through.

Laplasakos

Regarding a new Tales announcement at Tales Festival, since there aren't new trademarks like always before a new Tales announcement i guess it will be one of the following

1. A remake
2. Sequel of an old Tales game (Destiny 3 or Abyss 2)
2. Vesperia 10th anniversary project (remake or sequel)
3. Tales of Musou

For the rest, i am surprised that Switch is getting a Taiko game so soon.

ED Cantu

Regarding a new Tales announcement at Tales Festival, since there aren't new trademarks like always before a new Tales announcement i guess it will be one of the following

1. A remake
3. Tales of Musou

No one has said that there's going to be a new Tales announcement at TalesFes (at least not officialy), it's just speculation, but now that Namco has said that the Tales game for Switch is set to be released before the end of March 2018 it makes it more likely.

But I wouldn't get excited just yet, because it will most likely be a port of an old game.

Passose

Banned

1. A remake
3. Tales of Musou

maybe they saw Konami collection coins with Bomberman R and decided to release their games early hoping it to have the same success:p

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

1. A remake
3. Tales of Musou

Last time they made Tales of Musou, it was garbage.

Zedark

1. A remake
3. Tales of Musou

Don't do this to me ;__;

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I would kill for an HD collection of all those Tales of PSP spinoffs that never came to the west

You mean the AMAZING Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 and the AMAZING Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3?

Yeah, I am still butthurt about those not getting a Western release. Heck, I imported both games and learned Japanese so I can play it. Thanks Radiant Mythology!!! <3

Top Bottom