• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: The 7th game in a famous JRPG series getting a remix on 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't decide if I like this news or not.

I was kind of hoping we'd get VII's remake on Wii, since it's a machine I already own (don't have a 3DS and not really planning on buying one) where I figured it'd make sense to put it since they've got DQX there. Although I do realize that the Wii should be obsolete around a year from now.

If they remake it using a visual style similar to VIII, I'll be much more interested. If it's in the same vein as the original VII (plus the DS remakes), I think I'll pass.
Seriously.
If I see that DQVII engine one more time...

A potential DQVII remake is very important to restoring my confidence in the franchise now that DQX is the exact opposite of what I want in DQ.

EmperorMattevs

Neo Member
5JvMP.png

I just find it weird for Square Enix to use Cloud to promote Theatrhythm FINAL FANTASY.

I mean, of all characters.. why him?

Sadist

The music is divided in game chapters right? If you want to select FF VII music, you select that chapter. If you want FF VI, you select the one with the FF VI image. And so on and so on

The music is divided in game chapters right? If you want to select FF VII music, you select that chapter. If you want FF VI, you select the one with the FF VI image. And so on and so on

That image appears to be from a website though, and contains more than just Final Fantasy titles (assuming the image above is what this comment was referring to).

wsippel

Banned
That image appears to be from a website though, and contains more than just Final Fantasy titles (assuming the image above is what this comment was referring to).
It's a screencap of Nintendo's website, showing some (back then) upcoming games. And yes, the game in question is Theatryhthm, and the image shows the game select screen.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
They're just using Final Fantasy 7 stuff because it's popular and recognizeable. That website image isn't anything special, it's just the music select screen or summin'. Calm your cougars, everyone.

EmperorMattevs

Neo Member
People getting needlessly excited about a stage select screen in Theathrythm Final Fantasy. I've seen it all.

The point here is why does SQUARE ENIX keep using FINAL FANTASY VII screens, characters to promote Theatrhythm FINAL FANTASY more than anything else from the series?

The point here is why does SQUARE ENIX keep using FINAL FANTASY VII screens, characters to promote Theatrhythm FINAL FANTASY more than anything else from the series?

Which FF has a variety of spin off titles, including a cell phone collection, a prequel, a spin off sequel and a full length movie? Yeah.. that one

EmperorMattevs

Neo Member
They're just using Final Fantasy 7 stuff because it's popular and recognizeable. That website image isn't anything special, it's just the music select screen or summin'. Calm your cougars, everyone.

It would make a lot more sense if Theatrhythm FF comes out on a PlayStation platform for SE to be using FFVII properties, but Theatrhythm FF is a Nintendo 3DS title. :|

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
It would make a lot more sense if Theatrhythm FF comes out on a PlayStation platform for SE to be using FFVII properties, but Theatrhythm FF is a Nintendo 3DS title. :|

That's some insane Curly Wurly logic you're reaching for there. FF7 is popular, they show popular things to get people's attention. This is not the subtle hints at a FF7 remake you think it to be.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
C'mon guys!
I'm not saying that FFVII is impossible for 3ds, but if we are discussing about a famous 7th episode of Jrpg re-do (port or remake) for 3ds is quite obvious that this will be DQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom