• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF Tourney 2012

Hey everyone. Im so sorry for not making it tonight. My schedule wasn't supposed to be so busy this week and then a bunch of things came up. I'm hoping I didn't ruin everything for Hyper's team. Also, I just wanted to thank Hired Noobs for taking the time to try and keep people updated with tournament times and what not. I'm guessing that he's been going back and forward with everyone by PMs from day 1 trying to get things done.

Hey everyone. Im so sorry for not making it tonight. My schedule wasn't supposed to be so busy this week and then a bunch of things came up. I'm hoping I didn't ruin everything for Hyper's team. Also, I just wanted to thank Hired Noobs for taking the time to try and keep people updated with tournament times and what not. I'm guessing that he's been going back and forward with everyone by PMs from day 1 trying to get things done.
Thanks, but really it was just this week. I'm a procrastinator. Everything worked out, we were able to get an alternate for Hyper's team. The games were VERY close. It was a lot of fun.

Louis Wu

I can be on most of the time because I'm a nerd with no life so there's that.
Apparently, you're the only one. :(

I told him I was willing to settle for a 3v3 if you couldn't get your whole team online at once, but that I drew the line at 2v2... nobody's heard from MrGreenCastle in a while, so it comes down to whether Buddermilk can get with the two of you. (I haven't checked with my guys recently, but they've been super-flexible up to now, so I figured the limiting factor would be our opponents.)

Apparently, you're the only one. :(

I told him I was willing to settle for a 3v3 if you couldn't get your whole team online at once, but that I drew the line at 2v2... nobody's heard from MrGreenCastle in a while, so it comes down to whether Buddermilk can get with the two of you. (I haven't checked with my guys recently, but they've been super-flexible up to now, so I figured the limiting factor would be our opponents.)

I would really to avoid 3v3 if at all possible.

Posted in the main OT, but it might get more appreciation here:

L4daW.png

Hopefully (most likely) I'll be able to play this next round.

Buddermilk

Neo Member
Team Carryfu, are you available for tonight? Looking at probably 8 CST again (same as last time).
Tonight I am unavailable. The first night shift I work all year and it's tourney night. Monday, Tuesday and Wed are all fine if it doesn't go down tonight.

Louis Wu

Tonight I am unavailable. The first night shift I work all year and it's tourney night. Monday, Tuesday and Wed are all fine if it doesn't go down tonight.
Haven't heard from Risen yet, but Steely, Overheat, and I can all play tomorrow instead of today, if that works. Would be AWESOME if you could get your 4th to respond. :(

heckfu

Banned
Haven't heard from Risen yet, but Steely, Overheat, and I can all play tomorrow instead of today, if that works. Would be AWESOME if you could get your 4th to respond. :(
Im doing everything I can on that front. Don't know any more ways I can get in touch.

Risen

Ummmmm gave you my schedule a couple days ago? I've been checking my PM's for confirmation that it would go down... never heard back on that confirmation. Could have done anytime today after 3pm central and can do anytime tomorrow after 5pm central. Could possibly even do it earlier tomorrow if work cooperates.

I can do it right now too if we had everyone on randomly.

Loosely I can probably schedule anytime during this week after 5pm central.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Damn, forgot to set a deadline. Could've sworn I did, sorry for the delay, guys.

All matches in this round must be completed by Wednesday, July 25th at 11:59 PM CST.

Louis Wu

Ummmmm gave you my schedule a couple days ago? I've been checking my PM's for confirmation that it would go down... never heard back on that confirmation. Could have done anytime today after 3pm central and can do anytime tomorrow after 5pm central. Could possibly even do it earlier tomorrow if work cooperates.

I can do it right now too if we had everyone on randomly.

Loosely I can probably schedule anytime during this week after 5pm central.
DOH! I sent it to the wrong username. I'm an idiot.

Check PMs now.

heckfu

Banned
Count Greencastle out. Dude sucks for entering a tourney and refusing to communicate. I know he got my messages too since he's been on XBL multiple times since I sent the message a couple days ago.

Count Greencastle out. Dude sucks for entering a tourney and refusing to communicate. I know he got my messages too since he's been on XBL multiple times since I sent the message a couple days ago.

What a scrub.

Getting on in a few before our game. Anyone from either team wants to play some MM to warm up, we should party up.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Sorry to hear about Greencastle. Yeah that is really lame of him, joining a tourney and never responding to anyone. Apologies to Heckfu and co. We'll get it right next time.

Louis Wu

Didn't really think it was reasonable to make a request/demand like this before we'd made it past the problem game, but I'd like it if NONE of the final four games were played with teams of less than 4. (Ideally, the four official team members.)

Risen's right - 3v3 is NOT the same game as 4v4.

Risen

wtf. overdoziz went negative?

While eating like he was munching on your home land's chocolates. We were probably doing the same for him at times. My connection and his do not play nice when we are in the same lobby, no matter who is host.

On the serious...

3v3 on Reach maps is even worse than in H3. Spawns open up that would not normally be present and it's way to easy to have bad spacing. It's exacerbated in games of mixed skill levels in terms of awareness, team play, etc.

Zealot spawns work better in the 3v3 than Powerhouse though... due to size and being symmetrical. Much more predictable with less open area for the system to read.

Here's hoping all 4 original guys for both teams can make it here on out.

Risen

I remember walking around in the basement of one of the bases and Steelyuhas spawned right next to me. Good times.

So awful...

I wonder if some of that type of thing is influenced by connection. So if you have higher latency to the host the system, when making the decision for the spawn, may spawn you in an area that it read as open milliseconds before, but is not on your end?

Anecdotal I know... but it feels like I notice more bad spawns on off connections or when people are all over the world playing together. Maybe I'm already grumpy in those so it bothers me more lol... but, played an MLG Countdown game earlier in the night that was pretty laggy and there was more than one busted spawn like that even though there were definitely open spawn areas (multiple).

I remember walking around in the basement of one of the bases and Steelyuhas spawned right next to me. Good times.

Yeah I was just going to post that lol.

You were no shields, and I spawned staring at you 5 feet away. Spawns on that map are pretty bad.

Agreed that 3v3 sucks, it always has. Hopefully we can get 4v4 games from here on out.

Trey

Oh shit I didn't even know this thread was here. I bring shame to the captain title.

I told Plywood this earlier today but my team are all generally available from 730 to midnight EDT. I'll get an update from them today.

Risen

Oh shit I didn't even know this thread was here. I bring shame to the captain title.

I told Plywood this earlier today but my team are all generally available from 730 to midnight EDT. I'll get an update from them today.

epic fail

Top Bottom