• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed PS3 EXCLUSIVE

oldboy1

Banned
Ubisoft Montreal has been teasing their first next-generation adventure since a Project Assassins trailer debuted at the Tokyo Game Show last fall, but only now do we know the official low down. The same team behind the Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell series is heading up the PlayStation 3 exclusive Assassin's Creed.

http://egm.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3150167

One of the most talked about games of this year’s E3 is without doubt Ubisoft’s PS3 exclusive, Assassin’s Creed. Ubisoft has stated that this game will redefine how we think of action games. A bold claim indeed. But the company says that while other games claim to be next-gen with impressive graphics and physics Assassin’s Creed will merge technology, game design and emotions seamlessly.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2994&Itemid=2

Any truth to this, or are they just guessing.

Dahbomb

It's probably going to be timed exclusive and then release on 360 soon after. 6 months tops.

Still looks like a great game though.

Wait, Mercenaries is ALSO PS3 exclusive?

ChunderMan

Living in a one-dimensional world...
I don't disagree that the game looks cool... but how can that second link claim that it's the game of the show when it's not even playable?

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
ChunderMan said:
I don't disagree that the game looks cool... but how can that second link claim that it's the game of the show when it's not even playable?

Because it's playable behind closed doors to selected media, as just about every thread about it has pointed out.

Ponn

Banned
ChunderMan said:

There are people playing it, might not be on floor but behind doors. See the Assassins Creed thread for impressions.

Dahbomb

ChunderMan said:
People are saying the same thing for MGS4 and Halo 3. This is hardly THAT different from it... though it seemed AC used quite a bit of CG in their trailers.

ChunderMan said:

Because it is playable, just not publically. Gamespot has a "behind the scenes" hands on preview, and Greg raves it.

JayDubya

Banned
Err, is this news? I thought most people knew that already, that Jade Raymond person from G4's Electric Playground is the producer and she's said it's a PS3 game.

This really should've been shown at the Sony conference, this game looks crazy...

Assassin's Creed
War Devil
Mercenaries 2

The first two being PS3 exclusive (don't know about merc 2?)... why weren't they shown at the conf? Sony just made a 4th quarter comeback

Ckid

ChunderMan said:

aparantly its playable behind closed doors. gamespot has a hands on with the game

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
They said this before already...

But seeing as it's Ubisoft, and they're all about making dough, it'll be on the 360 in a matter of months anyways...

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
Yup..
I read somewhere that Assassins creed is PS3 exclusive and the new Splinter Cell was exclusive for 360.. timed exclusive in both cases..

Maximilian E. said:
Yup..
I read somewhere that Assassins creed is PS3 exclusive and the new Splinter Cell was exclusive for 360.. timed exclusive in both cases..

Wouldn't surprise me at all. No way would could they have been full exclusives. No way.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
petermoore173596l.jpg

'Why oh why did I get that Assassin's Creed tattoo on my ass....'

FoneBone

I have no idea if this guy is legit or not. But I really doubt that it's anything other than a timed exclusive.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showpost.php?p=7324820&postcount=54
The game is multiplatform.

I've seen it running on PC and 360 hardware to date.
UBI didn't spend money on the conversion teams just to scrap it all.

Hell this was actually intended to be released on the Xbox and PS2 as well at one point but they scrapped that decision a little while back.

Pedigree Chum said:
What's the story behind that gif

The guy making the weird face got kicked off AI last night. People were shocked because the girl beside him didn't remember the words to one of her songs and she still stayed on. The power of boobies.

SolidSnakex said:
The guy making the weird face got kicked off AI last night. People were shocked because the girl beside him didn't remember the words to one of her songs and she still stayed on. The power of boobies.

Wow. But I thought that mostly girls voted for AI? Wouldn't they choose the dude? Maybe he wasn't enough of a pretty boy for em.

Striek

Why don't they just officially announce it then?

Theres a great many titles I'd like to see have their target platforms clarified and this is one of them.

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
slight derail:
AI is STAGED! oh noes, the truth is out

Back to topic:
Hopefully now the game can look its best when it's focused onto one platform.

how come everyone is so excited about this game? from watchin the trailers? (the one where the assasin leaps on stage and jabs the guy in neck).....frankly i thought those were CGI trailers, i mean this is ubisoft afterall

anyone seen actually gameplay footage taken off the E3 floor? how hout a video link?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
frAntic_Frog said:
how come everyone is so excited about this game? from watchin the trailers? (the one where the assasin leaps on stage and jabs the guy in neck).....frankly i thought those were CGI trailers, i mean this is ubisoft afterall

anyone seen actually gameplay footage taken off the E3 floor? how hout a video link?

Mainly reading about how the game will work, then reading impressions from people who have actually played the game (behind closed doors). The game sounds very cool, and all the impressions I've read so far are very, very positive.

FoneBone

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/projectassassins/news.html?sid=6150586
The mob proves to be too much even for this capable killer. Altair fights bravely but is knocked from his feet as he attempts to flee (the faster you move, the more you stand to lose balance). Strangely, as he takes damage, the screen starts to distort. And when he finally dies, the screen fades out entirely, to reveal...a computer heads-up display. System offline. What...the...

Time travel? Virtual reality? Anyway, the static in the trailer made me wonder, but now it seems definite that the plot will not be entirely historical.

Top Bottom