• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Share your custom levels in Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars

Exile20

So I thought it would be great to have a thread to share your user created levels and get some feedback from GAF members along with some tips.
All I see in the popular section of the search is "FREE STARS" which is not what this game is about. I want creative and challenging levels.

Mods I hope there is no issue with creating this thread.

Since you can't search for level names you will have to look up the user themselves to see their user created stage post.

You can also start the level within the Miiverse post and it will launch the game directly into the level.

Here is my first level.

Miiverse User: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Exile20/
Miiverse Level page: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHjCSFA14w
Level name: Dash Road
zlCfzTF5XLM0wK7NqP

Happy tipping.
3kxv889.png

maxcriden

Awesome! Thanks for making the thread. I'm eager to see some clever creations and to add my own.

NNID jenmax326

BTW, you might want to suggest people provide their NNID so we can follow users for their created levels. :)

Exile20

Just remembered I played this one. I really liked it. Died like 3 times though -_-

When making a level every little change means you have to play the level all over again, I played it so much. Even a stage name change means you have to play it over, lol.

I am working on a bigger level at the moment.

Chrom

Subscribed! I hope we can have many levels shared here. Does anyone know if the levels can be played on either the 3DS or Wii U versions, or is there any kind of limitation?

And yeah, it kind of sucks how many of the effortless "FREE STARS" levels are plaguing the Popular section. I worry that if Nintendo doesn't do anything about this, the whole thing's going to be filled with them.

Exile20

Subscribed! I hope we can have many levels shared here. Does anyone know if the levels can be played on either the 3DS or Wii U versions, or is there any kind of limitation?

And yeah, it kind of sucks how many of the effortless "FREE STARS" levels are plaguing the Popular section. I worry that if Nintendo doesn't do anything about this, the whole thing's going to be filled with them.

Yes, a user created level from Wii U can be played on the 3ds and vice versa.

This just makes me want Mario Maker. Puzzle games are ok but Mario Maker is going to blow up.
If they make the level sharing much like this game, I agree.
They need to fix the issue of not able to share levels online though. It is Miiverse only currently.

I actually see Mario Maker turning out much like this game. Hopefully the costs to unlock the skins is cheap.

If they make the level sharing much like this game, I agree.
They need to fix the issue of not able to share levels online though. It is Miiverse only currently.

I actually see Mario Maker turning out much like this game. Hopefully the costs to unlock the skins is cheap.
I thought Miiverse was Nintendo online. What's the difference exactly?

Exile20

I meant as in you can send levels via QR codes like Pushmo and Denpamen did.
Right now you have to follow people on Miiverse to play their levels.

Well you can go to the Miiverse channel and look at posts and if you see a level you like. There is a "Start Button" right in the thread that if clicked on it, it will start the game and load the level for you.

BooJoh

I meant as in you can send levels via QR codes like Pushmo and Denpamen did.
Right now you have to follow people on Miiverse to play their levels.

I don't think a QR code can store enough data for these levels, and certainly not enough for Mario Maker levels. You'd have strings of dozens of codes for one level. It is a fair point though, even if Nintendo's online were down you could still scan a Pushmo QR and get the level.

adroit

The "story" and main levels may be over soon, but making levels can be pretty complex and tricky.
Did you already finish (gold trophy) all the puzzles included in the game? The early ones are easy but the later ones (especially the later bonus puzzles) started to slow me down.

Dimentios

Did you already finish (gold trophy) all the puzzles included in the game? The early ones are easy but the later ones (especially the later bonus puzzles) started to slow me down.

No, and I agree. However, it is only a matter of time. I spent more than three hours yesterday to create one (simple) level, also testing and optimizing it. The level editior and the community (you and not the FREE STARS guys) is what I am interested in.

Simbabbad

Awesome thread. I just started the game so I haven't tried your levels yet, but they all seem much better than what I usually see online in the series.

Symtendo

You can remove the pipes?

I must add, I've never played this series before and have only played 2 or 3 levels prior to starting with the level creator. I don't know what most of the parts do.

Top Bottom