• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V Collectors Edition Pre-orderable through GameStop @ 2 CST

Our note says its online orders only so that means ship to your house. You can order at a store but, like listed before, it will still be full pay and it will only ship to your house. You can not pick the game up in store. Also noted that they said extremely limited quantities.

Lock if old

Edit: Starting @ 2pm CST today

They most likely ment CDT but CST is what they have listed.

Edit again: As for the full pay for the online orders I "think" they still make sure you actually have the money at time of order but wont charge you till ship.

Toki767

Starting 2PM CST? Or until then? Because if it's pre-orderable now, then west coast people are screwed again lol

Loakum

Banned
Thanks for the heads up. Me, I'll just keep my amazon pre ordered CE, because that "extremely limited quantities" sends all types of red flags with me.

Radec

1320344617_monkey_feeding_frenzy.gif

Got my Amazon preorder locked, and dont feel like paying all at once. I understand why they are doing this (make sure they dont over extend the preorders beyond the limit) but yea rather not pay upfront at once.

Edit: Also defeats the purpose of an instore pick up for those waiting, and to get release date delivery, thats 15 extra dollars. Free shipping gets to you a week later.

Got my Amazon preorder locked, and dont feel like paying all at once. I understand why they are doing this (make sure they dont over extend the preorders beyond the limit) but yea rather not pay upfront at once.

I will note that I believe they don't charge you full pay on the website till it actually ships but I'm not 100% on that. I do know though if you order at a store though it does have to be full pay

I will note that I believe they don't charge you full pay on the website till it actually ships but I'm not 100% on that. I do know though if you order at a store though it does have to be full pay

last time I ordered online at home i had to pay everything upfront. Not sure if others had that happen too. Just speaking from experience.

pizzacat

Banned

Edit: Also defeats the purpose of an instore pick up for those waiting, and to get release date delivery, thats 15 extra dollars. Free shipping gets to you a week later.

I used to think like that, then prime happened

Reule

Wish I would've locked an Amazon order. I don't want to pay upfront this early or have it shipped to home. Just wanted to go pick it up in store on launch day.

Yes but you can order from the website at a store incase you want to pay cash or trade stuff in.

Damnit. I'll just keep my Amazon pre-order for same day shipping since I don't have the money currently to pay the entire price for GameStop. Very disappointed that GameStop would go this route

EDIT: Just called my GameStop over here and the Store Manager confirmed that the e-mail is legit and the CE is online-only and pay up front.

Ridley327

so the stores wont be getting this at all? I went to preorder it the other day and they looked at me like I was crazy

It sounds like this LE is basically made-to-order. That makes sense, even if it means that the reselling market on it is going to be gouge central.

Nope. My Store Manager just confirmed the e-mail and that it is online-only at 3PM EST and you have to pay up front. :(

Anything that is online-only is also web in store, so you can still trade it towards it in store, but regardless, your point is valid. You have to pay everything up front.

Reule

Damnit. I'll just keep my Amazon pre-order for same day shipping since I don't have the money currently to pay the entire price for GameStop. Very disappointed that GameStop would go this route

EDIT: Just called my GameStop over here and the Store Manager confirmed that the e-mail is legit and the CE is online-only and pay up front.
Just called mine and they confirmed as well. Damn. Hopefully Best Buy doesn't go this route.

styl3s

So they charge your card like 7 months before it ships? That's dumb.

Hoje0308

Banned
Hmmm, I wonder if Best Buy will be doing something similar. Already have my CE ordered on Amazon, but would rather use GCU and collect some points while I'm at it.

So they charge your card like 7 months before it ships? That's dumb.

It will sell out regardless, so GameStop is using that to their advantage to get the money up front. It probably feels shitty to you, but it makes a lot of sense if you're running a company. Especially one that people still use even though they claim to hate it.

Has GameStop ever had a preorder online that you had to pay up front? I've heard of people being required to pay up front with web-in-store orders, but never on a regular website order. Is there going to be a disclaimer on the product page that the preorder policy is different for this one specific item? Sounds like some wires might be getting crossed.

Top Bottom