• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Actos Games's psyscrolr Wii U game out this Thursday, April 2nd (NA, gaffer made)

GulAtiCa

630x.jpg

h8Pg00O.gif

Launch Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBMdj691zVI

Our own Ashodin will be releasing their 1st Wii U game, psyscrolr, on April 2nd, 2015 for $3.99 in North America!

Nintendo.com Description: Link
psyscrolr is a unique platformer with Wii U™ GamePad Touch Screen elements. In this title, you will play the Scrolr, a boy who has inherited a presence from another world, which gives him psychic powers that he neither wanted nor dreamed of. In the game, you will be helped by the voice of his powers in his head, narrating what is happening as well as assisting in combat. Utilize new mechanics to pull, push, and destroy any obstacle in your way. Enjoy a hub-based layout where you can replay the levels with no penalty for death!

#yearofthescarf

Announcement Article: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/09/actos_games_announces_wii_u_eshop_exclusive_psyscrolr

Tutorial Videos
Part 1: Controls
Part 2: Enemies

Previous known info:
"Will there be any support for us lefties?"
"YES! I'm a lefty myself, so reverse controls will be in. Use your left hand to shoot and slash!"

GIFs!

jholmes

I still hate the name but I was 100% committed to buying this after seeing some of it months ago, and that was before the $4 price.

Any hints as to what we'll have to pay in Canadian Monopoly Money?

SalvaPot

Holy shit the protagonist dresses and looks like me.

I really like the effort to include touch controls with the Gamepad in mind, it seems everyone keeps forgetting about it. I'll give it a go as soon as I am back from vacation.

Converse

Banned
Congratulations to Ashodin. Looks rad. And the scarf has indeed reigned. Godspeed with it, hope to check it out someday.

This... looks pretty good.

I've been following a little bit from the indie thread, and I was quite interested. Nice to know it's so close to release. Congrats.

I'll be there for sure when I get a Wii U.

The only thing I dislike is the trailer =X

rjc571

Banned
The touch controls seem off-putting to me. Wiimote + Nunchuk controls with IR aiming would be a better fit.

Thores

sörine;158066704 said:
Do Apexicon backers get free codes for this or did I imagine that?

Yeah they do, at least according to a recent update for the Apexicon Kickstarter. Thanks in advance, Ashodin!

Ashodin

You guys aren't ready for the release trailer. I'm releasing it wide tomorrow, and I'll be posting it here early just for GAF!

Also, there's giveaways planned as well as those who backed Apexicon get codes! Hell yeah! I'm exciteddddd

You guys aren't ready for the release trailer. I'm releasing it wide tomorrow, and I'll be posting it here early just for GAF!

Also, there's giveaways planned as well as those who backed Apexicon get codes! Hell yeah! I'm exciteddddd

Ohh, so that was just an announcement trailer of sorts? Cool, I'm already sold, but I'll be looking forward to this next trailer then.

Ashodin

Ohh, so that was just an announcement trailer of sorts? Cool, I'm already sold, but I'll be looking forward to this next trailer then.

Yup yup, the release trailer is narrated by the game's (current) villain.

The game will be episodic, as in I will be adding content to the game after its launch for FREE.

Ashodin

Featured on GamaSutra, NintendoLife, and more now. Soon to be on GameTrailers :)

Also looking to do an ama on Reddit perhaps!

THIS IS GAFFER TRIPLE THREAT:
ashodin obviously created, designed and programmed the game.
foshy wrote the majority of the music.
i wrote a few bits n' pieces.

as a long time gamer having something come out on a god damn nintendo console is crazy insane. i hope you all like it and can't wait to add more music as the game expands!

Nice. I was wondering when this game would be coming out. I already have enough credit on the e-shop, so i will be sure to pick this up once it is out.

Zero²

Interesting! But the trailer did it no favor, dunno why.
The tutorials made me really interested tho, sounds really fun!
Can you give us a sneak peak on how varied the levels will be, and how long is the game overall?

Foshy

Thanks! I'd like to thank showmeyourskeleton and foshy for the awesome soundtrack! We really nailed it.

Really had fun working on it :D And we still need to put up the full soundtrack for launch!

as a long time gamer having something come out on a god damn nintendo console is crazy insane. i hope you all like it and can't wait to add more music as the game expands!

yup it's an amazing feeling.

GulAtiCa

Really had fun working on it :D And we still need to put up the full soundtrack for launch!

yup it's an amazing feeling.

Really is. I released my own game on Wii U last year, and still going "wow I made a Nintendo game!" I never ever once thought as a kid that I'd eventually make a game, nonetheless put it on a Nintendo system. Enjoy that awesome feeling. :)

Ashodin

Yeah, this trailer is definitely better.

Gameplay seems to be pretty fun, I wonder what the later stages will look like.
First update will have homages to Metroid and Jobbs' Ghost Song!

Thanks for the love guys. EU release will be later as I need translations and a modified version for that.

The game itself is not super long, but there are secrets and hidden mini games! I wonder how long it will take to find it all.

schlew

I'm super interested. Are you all set for a release in Canada? A slight delay in the Canadian launch of another GAF made Wii U game (Pixel Paint) has me ever concerned! Don't mind waiting, just curious!

Ashodin

I'm super interested. Are you all set for a release in Canada? A slight delay in the Canadian launch of another GAF made Wii U game (Pixel Paint) has me ever concerned! Don't mind waiting, just curious!
Some french translations and we'll launch there soon after. :)

jholmes

Some french translations and we'll launch there soon after. :)

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

Get a GAFfer to translate the eShop page and patch in the in-game French later! You're going to have zero visibility in the Canadian eShop launching late.

Also, I want to play this Thursday. Do it for me.

I find the voice in the trailer difficult to understand. But I'm also not a native English speaker.
However the game looks really good! I love the main character and little details like the grass flying away. And good music!
When you ever bring it over to the EU I'll check it out.

Ashodin

I find the voice in the trailer difficult to understand. But I'm also not a native English speaker.
However the game looks really good! I love the main character and little details like the grass flying away. And good music!
When you ever bring it over to the EU I'll check it out.
We have annotations turn them on! :)

Top Bottom