• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub with playstation plus

DJ_Lae

It will never come out.

Just buy the game - it's cheap enough at this point and it's a lot of fun.

Dargor

Sorry dude, they postponed that until further notice. The issues they had at launch really hurt them and the PS+ version.

I just got PS+ and I am trying to play driveclub
I thought there was a free to play version?

quick google led me to this article
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/free-ps-plus-driveclub-not-cancelled-sony-assures/1100-6425482/

I am searching on the PSN, but all I find is an exclusive version for 49.99

Was the FTP version canned?

It's been delayed indefinitely.

Damn, it's really been that long? Still surprised they didn't get completely shut down after dropping the ball like that.

They probably have like 2 people on the PS+ team so I highly doubt it's costing them that much at all. The PS+ version is not a priority for them in the least.

The paid version still barely works online. I kept getting kicked off servers a few nights back after not trying it for months. Absolutely unreal.

Ploid 3.0

Even if it did come out a while ago you would have probably been too late unless they just keep it as free with any PS+ no matter when you sign up. I was going to sub to PS+ for the month it came to PS+ just to make sure my account has it tagged as owning Driveclub PS+ version on it.

LuuKyK

How has the life under the rock been?

Yes, it caused quite the commotion some time ago when they scraped the PS Plus version, and the studio pretty much went under/staff got cut hard. No mention yet of what is going to happen to the said Plus Version of the game.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Don't be silly OP. Everybody who ever wanted Driveclub has already bought it and nobody in history got PS+ with the expectation of getting a free version of Driveclub. You're lying, because everybody who rushes to defend all of Driveclub's bullshit insists that is true every time they have a chance.

Though

Even if it did come out a while ago you would have probably been too late unless they just keep it as free with any PS+ no matter when you sign up. I was going to sub to PS+ for the month it came to PS+ just to make sure my account has it tagged as owning Driveclub PS+ version on it.

This actually is true. PS+ games aren't generally on the free list for long.

Rembrandt

Banned
It's been delayed indefinitely.

They probably have like 2 people on the PS+ team so I highly doubt it's costing them that much at all. The PS+ version is not a priority for them in the least.

Just in general, though. The lying about the PS+ version (I'm pretty sure they changed how much of the game people would get), the delay of the PS+ version, the server issues, the lies about the delay (they claimed the delay was for the dynamic menu), the guy that works for Evolution retroactively editing his posts, etc. The game looks amazing and people say it plays great, but they just really fucked up and I'm surprised they're still around (even though half the company was laid off and they'll probably just be used for Driveclub DLC and such, but still). I also think the whole "buy the game, it's great/cheap" thing in response to there being no PS+ version is weird.

Caayn

You're funny OP. No way Sony is giving away a free version of Driveclub, they'd be silly to promise that.... Oh wait.

ab3.jpg

article_post_width_October_PS_Plus.JPG

Korezo

There was never a f2p version to play, and if you got ps+ now and Evo released the ps+ version months ago you still wouldn't be able to get the game because it would of only been available to download for a month.

dh4niel

How do you not know this, OP?! It was a huge story a while back. That and the delays/server issues. You can pick the full game up pretty cheap right now anyway.

Fjolle

There was never a f2p version to play, and if you got ps+ now and Evo released the ps+ version months ago you still wouldn't be able to get the game because it would of only been available to download for a month.
Nah. It was planned to be free for a year.

Just in general, though. The lying about the PS+ version, the delay of the PS+ version, the server issues, the lies about the delay (they claimed the delay was for the dynamic menu), etc. The game looks amazing and people say it plays great, but they just really fucked up and I'm surprised they're still around (even though half the company was laid off and they'll probably just be used for Driveclub DLC and such, but still). I also think the whole "buy the game, it's great/cheap" thing in response to there being no PS+ version is weird.

Yeah it's always bothered me. The problem is their network testing was a colossal failure, since after internal and beta testing they still launched with absolutely NO clue as to the fundamental issues with the netcode that torpedoed their own servers with incessant requests. They basically DDoS'd their own infrastructure.

Testing is an incredibly integral part in modern software engineering (and game development). For testing to miss the mark by this much is truly astounding. Closed Betas also cost a pretty big chunk of money to execute, there's no chance of Sony being nonchalant about Evo completely wasting time and resources on a Beta test that ended up being completely useless.

GeoramA

Sony's biggest blunder so far this gen. No way they give us the bite-sized version over the full one, especially this long after it released and the clusterfuck launch.

CTLance

Oh man, we've all been there once in our forum life. Don't be sad, Op, at least you gave us all a short reprieve from the dreary forum wars.

I shall add this thread to the big list of sensible gaf chuckles, right next to "is Metroid a girl?".

Great thread. Would read again.

That timer got me though. I can't believe it's been that long.

Studio alnost went under. Don't expect free stuff from them.

They give out free stuff like every month bruh.

Great game though. Get it cheap at Gamestop, buy the season pass, sit back, and enjoy.

Top Bottom