• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight NOT getting a retail release in NA (yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

L~A

Well, what do you know... retail release for Shovel Knight! Spotted on BestBuy.

sanstitrew8upp.png

via Reddit.

jacobeid

Banned
This is the best news in the world.

Edit: Though, now I'm not sure if I'll buy the PSN version considering that I already beat the game multiple times on Wii U last year...

Khaz

Damn, I passed on Shovel Knight for no good reason, and now I want this cart. Waiting for this in Europe, on 3DS.

Ridley327

I wonder who is actually publishing this, as I can't imagine Yacht Club has the ability to print game discs and cards on that scale.

mattp

hm, i'd get the ps4 version if it still supported crossbuy with vita

edit: wait, it says release is 9/15. that's too far

duckroll

29.99? That seems like a raw deal. What could they possibly include in the retail release to justify a 2x price? Are they going to raise the price of the game digitally after they release the free DLC? Lol.

rjc571

Banned
Would've bought on 3DS if it had been day and date with the digital version, but even though I enjoyed the game it's hard for me to justify buying it again at $30. Generally speaking, though, if I'm willing to spend $15 on a digital game, I would be more than happy spending $30 on the same game at retail instead of buying it digitally.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Just buy the game digitally, people.
29.99? That seems like a raw deal. What could they possibly include in the retail release to justify a 2x price? Are they going to raise the price of the game digitally after they release the free DLC? Lol.
Maybe it has a sweet as hell manual the likes we haven't seen in years?

HUELEN10

Placeholder prices are a thing for retailers like this.

thefro

I wonder who is actually publishing this, as I can't imagine Yacht Club has the ability to print game discs and cards on that scale.

Yeah, they may be putting up the money to publish it in retail stores but someone else has to be helping them with the retail side.

I also don't think they'll have all the stretch goal content done by September, so you won't be getting a complete package on the disk.

Still curious as to whether this actually comes out in Japan at some point too. That's my litmus test as to whether the Nintendo folks in Kyoto care about indie games or not.

Double the cost as digital? I get it costs to print and produce these but man. No thanks.

Hopefully there are extras to it.

djlr181

I'm super happy for Yacht Club Games. They completely deserve the success they're having. I hope they have a Wii U physical release as well.

Also, the Best Buy pricing could be preliminary. It would be cool if they could drop it down to $19.99, but I'm sure the physical release is especially expensive for 3DS.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Hopefully for all the people interested, the acrual price is lower. 19.99 would be the ideal price, IMHO: as much as Minecraft at retail, which should be at the same price digitally (14.99), right?

ys45

Double dipping on this, I keep telling my girlfriend that she need to play this but I only got the Steam version on my computer, I will get her the physical PS4 version .

Neiteio

Shovel Knight is such a good game that I forgot it's only $15, so when I saw the $30 price for retail I thought, "Wow, they're practically giving the game away!"

Regiruler

Things I thought, in order

1. "Where's the Wii U physical version?"
2. "$30, really?"
3. "They were so adamant about no physical version. What changed?"
4. "Paging Johnny Vila back on the KS page"
Just buy the game digitally, people.

Maybe it has a sweet as hell manual the likes we haven't seen in years?

Kickstarter had a manual, but it's not $15 increase amazing. Art book isn't out yet and would be too expensive anyway given it will compile a crap ton of the fan art for the official contests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom