• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

should we expect a Kingdom Hearts collection on PS4?

MrMatt555

Well I've just been thinking about how I still have to beat the 2.5 collection on ps3 (which I don't own). I know Final Fantasy 10 is making strides to be on every damn Sony system, why not Kingdom hearts? The purchase of my ps3 and the potential to buy a ps4 instead hangs in the balance of this business decision.

Doesn't KH have a thing with digital distribution and aren't all PS4 retail games supposed to have digital versions? Or am I delusional?

prwxv3

those have almost a completely different fanbase. KH appeals to waaaaay more people

While I do agree the audience is bigger I don't think that audience is on the Xbone right now.

KHIII has been announced for Xbone. Not sure if that guarantees a potential collection would make it to the Bone, though.

FFX was not not announced for Xbone even though Final Fantasy XV is releasing on it.

RichardKSJ

I really, really hope so. I got rid of my PS3 before they announced the HD remasters and I'm not buying one just to play them even if I do love the franchise. I would instantly buy a complete collection on PS4.

I hope not only on PS4.

XboxOne needs a collection too. Especially when KH3 is announced for both consoles.

I always assumed X1 would get one for that reason, introduce MicroSoft-only console gamers to the series. I was surprised that they released them so late on PS3, but then when the FFX remaster got announced for PS4 it all made sense.

It'd be hilarious if they re-release both remasters instead of the entire franchise on one disc.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
While I do agree the audience is bigger I don't think that audience is on the Xbone right now.

Yeah but it makes sense to have the Xehanort saga available to those interested in KHIII.

FFX was not not announced for Xbone even though Final Fantasy XV is releasing on it.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to know anything about FFX to play FFXV. Unless they plan to cancel KHIII for XB it makes sense to make a potential collection available to those who will play that.

Son Of D

Very likely. KH1.5, 2.5 and Dream Drop Distance HD together most likely. Wonder if DDD HD will be the only enticement to upgrade or whether SE will bother to make KH1.5 and 2.5 60fps.

Plus I think SE teased PS4 remasters anyway.

Doesn't KH have a thing with digital distribution and aren't all PS4 retail games supposed to have digital versions? Or am I delusional?

The PSP and PS3 games didn't get digital releases because of the Utada Hikaru songs. I won't be suprised if when negotiating with her for KH3's song they sorted out getting digital rights to the previous songs for inevitable PS4 releases.

Percy

Banned
I always assumed X1 would get one for that reason, introduce MicroSoft-only console gamers to the series. I was surprised that they released them so late on PS3, but then when the FFX remaster got announced for PS4 it all made sense.

It'd be hilarious if they re-release both remasters instead of the entire franchise on one disc.

Dunno why you'd think they'd do it any other way than just porting the individual collections as is. Probs 1.5 this year, 2.5 next year, and then KH3 in 2017 or some shit. Possibly a full price standalone port of KH3D will fit in there somewhere too.

Damerman

Dunno why you'd think they'd do it any other way than just porting the individual collections as is. Probs 1.5 this year, 2.5 next year, and then KH3 in 2017 or some shit. Possibly a full price standalone port of KH3D will fit in there somewhere too.

geez, how are you ok with this? full price for standalone KH3d? i'd never pay for that... not unless it came with a KH3 demo.

those have almost a completely different fanbase. KH appeals to waaaaay more people

Irrelevant. The franchise has even less history on Xbox than Final Fantasy does. It'd probably sell worse than Type-0 HD did. But I could be wrong, as I see no other way for Square Enix to introduce Xbox gamers to KH.

Problem is that, the amount of effort required to bring all of those games to Xbox outweighs the amount of effort it will take to bring them to PS4 by quite a margin. And in the end, the sales may not be worth that effort.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
If not, KH3 needs to come with a pretty robust index of the previous titles. This franchise gets more and more convoluted with each entry.

Ryan95

Waiting for cryptic Kagari post

I'm waiting for that too, but maybe for a different reason: if I'm not wrong, in the DQH2 it was hinted at more Vita SE interest in addition to DQH2 itself, and I hope so much that it's either FFXII HD or KH HD Collection on the Vita

LAA

At the least I think KH3D will come to PS3/4 and likely X1.

I would think a collection would make sense too, but for every KH game essentially apart from 2 made into movies, I just wonder if they will charge the normal price for them, £30-40 I suppose. Would be a great deal! A KH3 demo would definitely seal the deal for me too.

I would even triple dip on a Vita collection if they made one, but if not would just have to deal with remote play

18-Volt

Yes, but expect it to be physical only. That would make majority of Gaf happy anyway.

What I want is a Vita port. Sadly that'll never happen.

I would even triple dip on a Vita collection if they made one, but if not would just have to deal with remote play

I also think that they won't enable remote play on KH HD. VA rights on KH games are gigantic problem.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
SE is just following the money. AKA the biggest new generation install base.

They did the same thing last gen with the 360.

SquEnix has said they want to do yearly Kingdom Hearts games, in some capacity. I imagine that this year will be the KH smartphone game that's being developed, and next year for HD Remix for PS4 and then the following year KH3.

Top Bottom