• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 gets its first Greatest Hits (in Korea)

salromano

http://yepan.net/bbs/board.php?bo_table=comm_info&wr_id=28685

Launches April 22
27,800 won each (approx. $25)

RRUnEX3.png

eTWyjUo.jpg

(Why is the Greatest Hits logo covering part of the "Only on PlayStation" ?!)

AFAIK, there are no Greatest Hits titles yet anywhere else.

Fat4all

Banned
Either that doesn't seem like the official covers (considering the logo covers the word PLAYSTATION)...

OR

It's just a sticker on the outer plastic.

HardRojo

As long as the cases are the regular color I guess it's fine. The case was one of the reasons I refused to get Greatest Hits titles on PS3.

ChrisD

I thought Greatest Hits didn't show up until the system has been out for at least, you know, more than two years. Just drop the MSRP and digital prices on the "original" copies.

I like it better than the bright red cases the PS3 had, but they could at least put the greatest hits logo in the same spot... It looks like they just said 'fuck it' with Winning Eleven's cover.

Looks like it'll probably just be a sticker placed on existing stock? Sony have done that here in Australia with Killzone, Knack etc. (except it's a super crap looking yellow sticker with the PS logo and "now under $40!")

Adamastor

I still think the PAL Platinum cases were the best ones. All they did was modify the colour, and voilá... Amazing.

825749-ff9_ps_uk_plat.jpg

But I'm glad we're starting to see the Platinum/Greatest Hits show up.

That logo is hideous. Give us back the color-coded label like on PS1 or 2 please. It doesn't have to be red.

But I am glad they are bringing it back. Really wish Nintendo would bring back Player's Choice.

Truly happy to see Knack as a Greatest Hits title. Such an underrated game that I'm confident people would enjoy when playing on hard mode.

Hydrargyrus

I'm ok with this tiny logo.

But I'm sure that we'll have atrocious covers, with terrible colours and thousands of logos in Europe, like always

18j4vonzblkzjjpg.jpg

DOWN

Banned
These first platinum hits and Nintendo Selects were gross too

They are trying real hard to make you buy the original pricier black label releases

bioshock_xbox_360_platinum_hit.jpg

8iOPt.jpg

Zambayoshi

It'd be interesting to see the games that could have, but didn't, become part of the 'Greatest Hits' line-up.

Love dat Knack tho...

Circinus

But I'm sure that we'll have atrocious covers, with terrible colours and thousands of logos in Europe, like always

18j4vonzblkzjjpg.jpg

Could be much, much, much worse. Props to the Japanese gamers who have to suffer with these atrocities for the Playstation The Best series.

Wow, those are awful.

Personally, I liked the PSP Platinum box arts:

1299415588_main_Ratchet_and_Clank_Size_Matters_Platinum.jpg

73859_front.jpg

I was fine with the PS3 essentials box art as well, but it could be a bit less flashy.

PS3_essentials_inline_image.jpg

Jawmuncher

Aside from covering the only on playstation logo. I love this look.
This is what it should have been from the beginning.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Only a sticker? Meh, I still remember how good...

I still think the PAL Platinum cases were the best ones. All they did was modify the colour, and voilá... Amazing.

...yep, you good PSX Platinum games' covers looked. They were classy. I really liked that style for Budget Re-Releases, honestly.

Covers weren't the problem
From beautiful Amano art on the discs
ZBXnNBy.jpg

to this

mA54f7Jl.jpg

Eurrrghhh

the logo is a strange choice. It looks like some kind of warning or something negative. I think people will associate it with a STOP sign.

BlackJet

I never really understood the idea of putting "Greatest hits" on a cover. Is it mostly a marketing thing? In my opinion it just ruins the cover art.

MrBS

I hope this translates into some killer digital deals on these games sooner rather than later.

Also that is some rather inoffensive box art. I'm sure the NA/EU boxes will add the appropriate level of shame to their designs.

Top Bottom