• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC Champion Jon Jones suspect in felony hit-and-run. Update: stripped of title

Status
Not open for further replies.
410_Jon_Jones.0.0.jpg

Well, rumors broke much earlier today but the credible sources and the police have now confirmed its true. Jon Jones was involved some way with a hit and run accident late Saturday night.

It is rumored drugs and alchol were involved. For those familiar with Jones, he is known to have at least a recreational use of cocaine and alchol. He has tested positive for cocain and was involved in a drunk driving accident a few years back.

UPDATE: Jones confirmed suspect. Facing felony charges

Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani · 11m 11 minutes ago
From ABQ PD: We are working on an arrest warrant for Jon Jones. The female suffered a broken arm … (Cont'd)

Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani · 7m 7 minutes ago
Cont'd from ABQ PD: … which has elevated the charge to Felony Leaving the Scene of an Accident." (Cont'd)

EDIyUWo.png

http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/26/jon-jones-person-of-interest-hit-and-run-police-albuquerque/

UFC superstar Jon Jones is a "person of interest" in a hit and run investigation ... the Albuquerque Police Dept. tells TMZ Sports.
A rep for the APD says ... Jon is "wanted for questioning" in regards to a crash that occurred this morning in New Mexico.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz3YT7pAAJ3

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/4/2...mpion-jon-jones-sought-for-questioning-in-hit

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
This is all just a big misunderstanding. It's Sunday guys. He's at church doing bible study.

Booshka

Substance abuse is some serious shit, hopefully he gets himself together. UFC/Dana need to stop fucking around and letting him and other fighters get away with destructive behavior because it benefits their bottom line.

Heel

So, theoretically, how long do cocaine metabolites remain detectable in an adult male's bloodstream?

It's crazy that he's a complete cracked out mess out of the ring but somehow still dominates with almost no problem inside of it. Is there any other precedence for this? Ray Leonard? Julio Cesar Chavez? The boogar sugar eventually seems to catch up to everyone though.

i havnt been in the ufc loop for a long time, but what is the main reason why alot of people don't like Jon Jones? i mean before all of this, he's always been hated on it seems

jchap

It's crazy that he's a complete cracked out mess out of the ring but somehow still dominates with almost no problem inside of it. Is there any other precedence for this? Ray Leonard? Julio Cesar Chavez? The boogar sugar eventually seems to catch up to everyone though.

ifRv8b2.gif

Probably Tyson?

i havnt been in the ufc loop for a long time, but what is the main reason why alot of people don't like Jon Jones?

He's a douche that acts holier than thou.

Dwight Gooden?

Daryl Strawberry?

John Hamilton?

dream

are Jones antics like Mayweather-level antics or alot worse?

Hard to say. I don't think there are any reports of him smacking the white-women-who-aren't-his-wife whom he drinks and drives with around, but maybe they just haven't pressed charges.

No reports of physical abuse but he has some serious problems. He has been in drunk driving accidents in the past, tested positive for cocaine, and now this.

The one thing we can say at this point is Jones has substance abuse issues and or addiction

Jones is sad because he was young and successful early, then fell in with the life and since it didn't affect him none, kept in with the drugs.

Mayweather has not ever said he was a role model or "good guy". He has a lot of problems that play into his bad boy image, including issues of domestic abuse.

Claims to be a Christian.

Gets into a accident with two very young women in the middle of the night in NYC. Despite having a long time girl friend (mother of his children) in New Mexico.

Messages people in Instagram and Twitter telling them they're bitches and faggots. Talks shit about everyone and deletes his videos.

Comes up hot for Cocaine. Goes into rehab for a day and says he was healed by God's touch. Goes on Fox and tells the world he is sorry and he will be a good Christian boy.

The UFC ignores his ridiculously low t:e levels.

Now this.

Jarnet87

I was a Jones fan before he got the belt and a little after, but for a few years now I've been turned off by him. I don't think he fights the same way and his out of the octagon issues are mounting. Maybe it was an act but he seemed like a genuine guy when he first entered the UFC. the fame, money, etc. has changed him for the worse.

I mean it does seem like he took off because he had drugs on him and possibly under the influence of something. And since he isn't able to be reached yet he's probably talking to his lawyer before talking to cops.

Or it could be nothing ....

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I was a Jones fan before he got the belt and a little after, but for a few years now I've been turned off by him. I don't think he fights the same way and his out of the octagon issues are mounting. Maybe it was an act but he seemed like a genuine guy when he first entered the UFC. the fame, money, etc. has changed him for the worse.

Yeah same. I was a huge fan of his leading up to when he won the belt and then for a little while into his run. His claimed hypocrisy and whatever early on in his career was pretty tame malfeasance compared to most MMA fighters. The first thing that got me though was the drunk-driving crash after he literally bragged about how Dana doesn't have to worry he won't be getting any DUIs (and he sounded douchey saying that even at the time).

And then if you read the Deadspin piece -- which he participated in -- he comes off as a complete jerk -- misogynist, homophobic, conceited to an unhealthy degree even for a prize fighter...could go on: http://deadspin.com/how-jon-jones-became-the-baddest-motherfucker-on-earth-1676262642

While the early hate he got was almost completely unjustified, he's only given credence to it the past few years. (And this is all regardless of what happens in this case, though obviously that's just further down the spiral).

I mean it does seem like he took off because he had drugs on him and possibly under the influence of something. And since he isn't able to be reached yet he's probably talking to his lawyer before talking to cops.

Or it could be nothing ....

Or he split because it was a damn hit and run. Or it's like you said. Or he thought he was a car.

All of these things are possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom