• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comic-Gaf, what delay/vaporware books broke your heart the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

2259840-battle_chasers__1998__7b.jpg

Now that is out of the way.

JMS hurt me bad with The Twelve, started in 2008, the final 12th issue didn't drop until 2012.

And it didn't help that it was so damn good.

THis one didn't hurt because it was a shit story but I will forever look at Kevin Smith sideways for spending 4 years on this crap
442432-spider_man_black_cat_the_evil_that_men_do_2_00.jpg

PsychBat!

Banned
SHIELD by Hickman and Weaver. Weaver says the final issues should be out by September but there's nothing official by Marvel yet.

Machine

Issue #4 of Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D. came out in 2011. The last two issues are supposedly done but I don't think they've been solicited or released yet.

Edit: Too late!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
damn, that Battle Chasers OP

overwhelming nostalgia, remembering pouring over a new issue of Wizards at the nerd table during lunch

E the Shaggy

The biggest cluster fuck that comes to mind was Civil War.

Since the main series wasn't finished, with Millar and McNiven pushing the book back again and again, they kept having to delay every other Marvel book in order to not ruin the ending of Civil War. It was crazy.

Pilgrimzero

I still miss NYX. Had such potential.

Although Crossgen stuff never got finished. My favorite was the fantasy one about the lady archer, don't recall the title. That basically ended with her dead and the bad guy winning.

Edit: It was called Sojourn

The Black Beetle. Man, that book was so perfect. I have a thing for noir/pulp superheroes and that book hit the fucking spot. Francesco Francavilla is an absolute god when it comes to interior work, but that fact it takes forever hurts so much. There was supposed to be a second miniseries for the book in October of 2013, but it's been delayed. And that hurts.

bb_ashcan_fc_low.jpg

Also, the fact we'll never get the final chapter in the Lawless "trilogy" that Brubaker & Phillips set up crushes me.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The Black Beetle. Man, that book was so perfect. I have a thing for noir/pulp superheroes and that book hit the fucking spot. Francesco Francavilla is an absolute god when it comes to interior work, but that fact it takes forever hurts so much. There was supposed to be a second miniseries for the book in October of 2013, but it's been delayed. And that hurts.

bb_ashcan_fc_low.jpg
Yup, I was going to say The Black Beetle: Necrologue. Francavilla is too busy doing Archie and drawing variants for every book under the sun to work on his own great character.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I wish we had gotten the full version of Alan Moore's Supreme and Book 4 of Halo Jones

I wish Warren Ellis had not given up on Doktor Sleepless.

Mudcrab

I wish we had gotten the full version of Alan Moore's Supreme and Book 4 of Halo Jones

How could I forget these? It hurts all over again. Someone has a Doktor Sleepless avatar around here that occasionally makes me sad.

Machine

Ellis is right up there with JMS in the world of delayed and cancelled projects. Don't forget Ellis losing his computer files on newuniversal after it had already been placed on hiatus and JMS taking several years to finish Rising Stars.

Tizoc

Where do I even being?
Let's see here
extracover.jpg

John Roger's Dungeons and Dragons- It breaks my heart we won't get more adventures featuring these great characters
1674373-dnd_fell_sfive_atthebar.jpg

Will post more later.

lordmrw

John Roger's Dungeons and Dragons- It breaks my heart we won't get more adventures featuring these great characters
1674373-dnd_fell_sfive_atthebar.jpg

Will post more later.

God damn I loved that series. I would kill to get even a six issue miniseries with those characters again.

Seems Warren Ellis is the king of delays, pocket cancellations and unfinished storylines people desperately wanted closure for. Fell is never getting a conclusion. :(

I first read an issue of Planetary when I was 10. The last issue of the series came out just before I was 17. Spent most of my teens waiting on that book. Worth it.

Hawkeye is currently killing me too but that's also worth it. Fucking love Aja's art.

Fmal

Banned
Dang, I dunno what Battle Chasers is but lmao that art is awful.

These Hawkeye delays are really cramping my style, but at least we'll be getting closure eventually.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Yeah, that would have been nice. Hell, it'd still be nice if he wanted to return to it.

Mr-Joker

Banned
THis one didn't hurt because it was a shit story but I will forever look at Kevin Smith sideways for spending 4 years on this crap
442432-spider_man_black_cat_the_evil_that_men_do_2_00.jpg

I own this, it's bad I mean really really bad and ruined the Black Cat by making her a
rape victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom