• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Human Head Studios working on a new game for Shinra (reveal at E3)

Mr. Tibbs

www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/12/prey-2-developer-working-on-new-game-for-shinra

Prey 2 developer Human Head Studios is developing a new game with Square Enix's cloud gaming company, Shinra Technologies.

While details on the project are scarce at this time, Human Head co-founder and creative director Ted Halsted noted the team's passion for multiplayer, and said he believes working with Shinra will help bring the studio's vision for its next game to life. More information on the project will be revealed next month at E3.

Human Head is the third developer to partner with Shinra. Republique developer Camouflaj and Blacklight: Retribution developer Hardsuit Labs previously announced partnerships with the cloud gaming company. Each of their games will also be shown at this year's E3.

According to Shinra CEO Yoichi Wada, the company was established with two goals in mind: "The first is presenting entirely new gaming experiences. The second is the creation of a new game industry ecosystem."

http://venturebeat.com/2015/05/12/p...technologies-cloud-gaming-accelerator-program

Cloud supercomputing gaming company Shinra Technologies announced today that it’s adding Madison, Wis.-based developer Human Head Studios to its prototype accelerator program joining Camouflaj and Hardsuit Labs as the third developer working on Shinra’s patented cloud-based remote-rendering platform. The first details of Human Head’s Shinra-powered game will be revealed at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo in June.

Human Head cofounder and creative director Ted Halsted said in a statement that Shinra’s prototype program will enable the development of new ground-breaking gameplay, and called it a unique opportunity to showcase the studio’s talents. He notes that the team is passionate about multiplayer, which could be a hint at what the team is working on. Shinra’s Colin Willamson, director of partnerships, also teases that Human Head’s concept is “one that couldn’t be executed on any other platform.”

Mr. Tibbs

I think I speak for sane people everywhere when I say...

GIMME RUNE 2 <3

Yes! If that's how you think, I'm fine with you speaking on my behalf in the future on all matters.

Treat yourself to some Rune 2 concept art.
05_s.jpg

21_s.jpg

Compsiox

Banned
I guess this is why Square Enix is having a press conference, huh? To show off Shinra stuff?

I think cloud gaming with usual games is fucking stupid. But if they build super MMOs as shown in the GDC video (concept) that are only possible with supercomputers that would be mindblowing.

Top Bottom