• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces Fullblox/Stretchmo for 3DS, available now on EU & US eShop!

CaVaYeRo

New puzzle by IntSys, freemium model, different amusement park areas/game modes with purchasable admission, new full 3D controls, revamped level editor (included with any purchase). Full pack is 10 euro.

fullblox_1450614.jpg

fullblox_1450624.jpg

First reviews and trailer available, value looks nice enough (worth the price of admission, lol):

http://www.gamereactor.es/analisis/232114/Fullblox/

(Spanish)

Guessing this will be up on US by next week like Pokémon Shuffle.

Nintendo sure been stealth releasing the F2P games.
This one is first world is free, $2 for the rest right?

JoeM86

Crossposting with Downloads thread:

Prices

Mallo's Playtime Plaza: £4.49
Poppu's Sculpture Square: £2.69
Corin's Fortress of Fun: £2.69
Papa Blox's NES Expo: £2.69

Bundle for all: £8.99

I'd say that's a fair price. That's what I'd pay for the game if it was standalone and non-F2P

EU, because it's called Stretchmo in NA. Would not be shocked if it's coming out there today as well when the eShop updates (3h from now)

Well it's not in the US press release that just came

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
This is a F2P modell that I can feel good about.
If I want I can just pay the 10$ and be done with it, I own the game and don't have to deal with any money begging or shitty consumables.

If full pack means that you really get everything for 10€ I'll go for this. Well I'll try the F2P version like it was a demo first but I won't go for the F2P model pricing for sure. I like, I pay, I don't, I go see somewhere else :p

This is a F2P modell that I can feel good about.
If I want I can just pay the 10$ and be done with it, I own the game and don't have to deal with any money begging or shitty consumables.
Yeah, this is probably my favorite of the IAP models. Pokémon Rumble World also is not too bad since after $30 you cannot spend anymore.

30fps on Nintendo 3DS
60fps on New Nintendo 3DS
I remember some other game doing that as well.

TheMoon

Looks 60fps to me

it's 30 on the old 3DS.

Well it's not in the US press release that just came

It wasn't in ours on Monday either. :)

They're weird. Anything can happen.

It's not up on the US eShop. Damnit!

Obviously, since it doesn't update for another 2.5 hours and MIGHT not be coming this week.

Crashmo came out a week later in NA but Pushmo World came out everywhere at the same time.

Ridley327

It's not up on the US eShop. Damnit!

If it's coming today, it's not going to be up until 12 PM EST. That's just how NOA rolls.

I hope it's up today. Crashmo was a bit too messy, but I did like approaching puzzles from four angles. This seems to take that aspect and apply it to the regular Pushmo gameplay, which I'm all for.

TheMoon

Pokémon Shuffle was Japan a week before, then EU was the next week on Wednesday and NA was Thursday.
So it could come to US this week or next, who knows?

Crashmo came out a week later in NA but Pushmo World came out everywhere at the same time.

Bytes

Freemium model where you have to buy each area? Should have been called Pay Mo'.

I'll show myself out.

I will probably still get it, though.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
what's this "delete it if it's not 60fps" reference? :\
btw, I liked all three Mallo's game so far, this will be a free download for sure, than I'll decide what to do (probably, as for the two Pokemon f2p games, I'll not spend money on it, but let's see...)
the global price seems in line with the "normal cost" of the previous, isn't it?

JoeM86

Freemium model where you have to buy each area? Should have been called Pay Mo'.

I'll show myself out.

I will probably still get it, though.

Yeah but it's £8.99 for everything. That's around what the other games were off the bat.

rjc571

Banned
They should call it "Halfblox" since it runs at half the framerate of Pullblox and Fallblox. (Unless you play it on New 3DS, apparently.)

Scrawnton

Will be a little disappointed if it's not in NA as well today. Especially since it was a surprise reveal and release in all other territories.

rjc571

Banned
Some inane moron downloaded the JP version, observed the framerate and rushed to post about how offended he was.

No need to be an asshole. Ever think that some people might be more sensitive to low framerates than you? Try getting some perspective.

The continuing eschewal of the vastly superior American '-shmo' suffix for these games is yet another entry in the endless list of Nintendo's slights against PAL gamers. Why do you hate us so, Reggie?

Will still buy, of course. There's always room for more... *sigh* Pullblox in my life

JoeM86

Are there any changes to the graphics so heavy that they had to cut the framerate in half?

Rather than it dealing with just three layers which you interact with a la Little Big Planet, instead the puzzles are full 3D with full 3D navigation and interaction, with the ability to stretch boxes out, obviously adding more polygons etc.

rjc571

Banned
Are there any changes to the graphics so heavy that they had to cut the framerate in half?

It runs at 60 fps on the New 3DS and the New 3DS uses the same graphics processor as the original 3DS, so the lower framerate must be the result of the new gameplay mechanics rather than any graphical enhancements that might have been made.

Doczu

Rather than it dealing with just three layers which you interact with a la Little Big Planet, instead the puzzles are full 3D with full 3D navigation and interaction, with the ability to stretch boxes out, obviously adding more polygons etc.

Now i'm interested. Will download and try later.

Ridley327

There's also the lighting model to consider. I played some user-made puzzles in the original where the framerate would just die because too many blocks had been pulled out with all the shadowing that resulted.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hoping this comes out today in the US as well. If the bundle is about $8 or $10, I might give in & just buy it considering I really liked Pushmo/Pushblox & the Wii U version.

Crashmo wasn't bad, but just soooo much harder

Simbabbad

Playing it right now, it's 60fps on my new 3DS. The new mechanics change EVERYTHING, it's in the same vein of Pullblox/Fallblox or Pushmo/Crashmo, but it's extremely distinct, not more of the same.

Also, it's prettier.

If you don't pay, it's basically just a demo with only the tutorial. Bought the whole pack, of course.

It runs at 60 fps on the New 3DS and the New 3DS uses the same graphics processor as the original 3DS, so the lower framerate must be the result of the new gameplay mechanics rather than any graphical enhancements that might have been made.

Doesn't New 3DS have more VRAM, which allows for graphical enhancements?

Top Bottom