• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

With The Flash and Arrow's threads reaching the max amount of posts per thread, I've spoken with Cornballer and figured instead of doing new threads or a thread for Arrow and The Flash, that there would be a general purpose thread for DC Entertainment TV Shows during the summer.

Just to state up front, new news = new thread is the GAF way so if something major breaks or is announced, feel free to post it elsewhere.

Also, while this thread was created with the fact that Arrow and The Flash's threads were reaching their max feel free to talk about any and all DC TV shows in here.

Speaking of

What Is on Air
Arrow (Finished Season 3)

XfHYfQx.jpg

The Flash (Finished Season 1)

Gotham (Finished Season 1)

iZombie (As of this post, currently still airing) -
Official Thread for Weekly Discussion

Constantine (finished Season 1)

In Production for 2015-2016
Supergirl (Premieres Fall 2015)
Thread Currently being used for Discussion

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (Premieres Spring 2016)
Thread Currently being Used for Discussion

Lucifer (Premieres Fall 2015)
Thread Currently Used for Discussion

I don't want to speak for the community as a whole so let's put it up for a vote/talking point what should the policy of spoilers be in this thread?

Should you state the show and put spoiler tags?
Open spoilers?
Maybe all images behind leaks?

Well, anyhow. Here we are. Our Hall of Justice for the Summer.

A couple of procedural notes:

- This thread will be moved over to the Community forum in a week or so
- The Flash and Arrow threads are going to get closed pretty soon as they're approaching the 20k limit. The other relevant threads will stay open for now.

If you have questions, please send me a PM. I'll check in here from time to time.

Nice OP, Penguin! Looking forward to weathering this dismal, sunny wait with all of you.

Should you state the show and put spoiler tags?
Open spoilers?
Maybe all images behind leaks?

I say open spoilers. Too many shows, people are going to slip up eventually and somebody's feeling are going to get hurt. Best to declare it open season now, make it clear that for those sensitive souls it's best to avoid the thread altogether.

iosefe

thanks Cobblepot.

Open spoilers is probably wiser, except for currently running shows. i'd say give it a day or two after airing

I don't believe it is but if I'm wrong someone please correct me.

Probably not :(

feel bad for the fans, I feel like the show was developing a following. I didnt like the pilot enough so that I just stopped watching after that.

Is there talk of it going to cable or a shorter run on Netflix or Amazon maybe?

(I need London and more cursing and rain and hboness personally for me to be into it.)

Penguin

So to kind of get the ball rolling

Which of the shows do you watch?

Which are you excited to check out next year?

-Gotham
-Arrow
-Flash

Most excited for Gotham and Flash returning, then the new shows; LoT and Supergirl, mostly, but Vixen and Blackbirds/Titans are definitely anticipated.

Gonna have to see some good news about Arrow before I get hyped for that.

Xemnas89

I watch Flash, Arrow, Gotham, and iZombie. I'm most excited for Flash next season as the way it ended along with what we've heard from the producers means there's endless possibilities for next season. I'm also interested to see if Arrow rebounds after it's shaky third season. Gotham I'm not really excited for but I'll be there to watch it anyway. I'm surprised by how much I've liked iZombie and I'm excited to see how the season ends.

FlashbladeNeo

Neo Member
I watch Gotham, Arrow, and The Flash

Arrow went down in quality, but it's nowhere near as bad as what people complain about.

I sat thru the entirety of Smallville. Arrow is nowhere near that level. Sure felicity isn't her cool funny self, but no one on the show is at this point. It's only natural for them to act the way they do, with everything that has happened. I think the real issue may be some of the performances. To that I say... Hate the acting, not the play.

It's still better than Gotham.

EDIT: Will continue to watch the 3 plus Legends. Was going to watch Supergirl, but I think I heard it is no longer connected to the Arrowverse so I may pass.

zulux21

shouldn't Constantine be in a what has been cancelled category instead of what is on air?

also in regards to spoilers hands down "state the show and put spoiler tags?"
You can't expect everyone to be caught up on every single one of these shows, and if we want to have a thread to discuss these shows in general and not have focused threads we need to have a place where someone can come in to talk about something like the flash and not have to worry about having parts of arrow spoiled for them as they are trying to catch up on the show now that the flash made them interested in the arrow ect.

I watched all of these... Constantine isn't coming back unless WB gives it to a network for next to nothing. Spoilers are going to be a pain to deal with for those who didn't, lots of tagging will be going on.

Jigorath

Banned
Let's see, I'm loving iZombie so far, and I'm enjoying Flash a lot. I only caught the first few episodes of Gotham so I'm really behind on that but I liked what I saw. Looking forward to Supergirl. Arrow has, unfortunately, turned to complete tripe this season. About ready to drop the show altogether if season 4 doesn't pick up a bit.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
iZombie looks really interesting, I need to catch up on that

The Flash just had a ridiculous first season. The first half of it or so roughly felt like any other "superpowered CW monster of the week drama" but the back half just went batshit. S2 is going to be insane

Tabby

Everything really.

Going to give Arrow a few episodes before I drop it. I watch Gotham but I still need to catch up. I got my friends into iZombie but I still haven't checked it out yet. Supergirl was good so I'll start watching that. Considering checking out Lucifer and Vixen. I'm excited for Legends and Flash mostly.

In terms of just shows in general, interested in watching Heroes Reborn and Limitless.

wildfire

Banned
I feel we should be spoiler tags because some people don't watch the other shows. I don't think people should be banned for breaking that rule so I prefer it isn't enforced.

What I do want to be enforced is no discussion on Ollicity. Criticism is great but this topic is just distilled negativity.

aett

I watch Arrow, Flash, and Gotham. I hope that the next season of Arrow will be better than 3, which I found to be a lot less interesting than the first two.

Gotham had its moments, but was mostly pretty weak. I love the anachronistic style of the show, however. I'll give the next season a few episodes or so before I think about dropping it.

REALLY excited for more Flash. I'm surprised at how much stuff they crammed into season one to keep it fresh, but I worry that it might get a little too over-the-top before long.

I'm also really interested in Supergirl.

EDIT: Forgot about Legends! I wasn't very interested when I first heard about it, but that trailer sold me. Vandal Savage?? Fuck yes.

I feel we should be spoiler tags because some people don't watch the other shows. I don't think people should be banned for breaking that rule so I prefer it isn't enforced.

What I do want to be enforced is no discussion on Ollicity. Criticism is great but this topic is just distilled negativity.

The thing is, what if you're like me and is waiting for iZombie to hit Netflix before starting? I don't think people should have to spoiler tag discussion about their show just because I've chosen not to watch it yet. Then extrapolate that for everybody and every arrangement of watching/not watching. Better to just make the whole thing open.

PreFire

-Gotham
-Arrow
-Flash

Most excited for Gotham and Flash returning, then the new shows; LoT and Supergirl, mostly, but Vixen and Blackbirds/Titans are definitely anticipated.

Gonna have to see some good news about Arrow before I get hyped for that.

I see what you did there

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I watch Arrow and Flash. Only one of them was good this year.

Which of the other DC shows are worth catching up on?

Izombie
Gotham
Flash

I stopped watching arrow after season 2. I felt like the writing just went downhill. Definately enjoying the rest above.

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh Gotham and iZombie are going to be in this thread too? I thought it would just be Arrowverse related shows. Guess I'm getting spoiled on those...

Chariot

I watch Arrow and Flash. Only one of them was good this year.

Which of the other DC shows are worth catching up on?
Gotham was pretty entertaining. It had slow phase towards the end, but it was generally very nice. You shouldn't expect superheroes though. Focuspoints are police work in a corrupt police system, Organized crime, streetlevel villains and weird underage catwoman scenes.

ZeroX03

Banned
It'd be silly not to be able to discuss one of the show's biggest flaws.

And it's already been discussed to death, just like the DC vs. Marvel rival stuff. We shouldn't have to drag down the whole thread just because a few posters can't control their impulse to complain.

Chariot

And it's already been discussed to death, just like the DC vs. Marvel rival stuff. We shouldn't have to drag down the whole thread just because a few posters can't control their impulse to complain.
Agreed. We could continue to talk about this, but this already derails a thread where it's actually a big part of. I don't even want to imagine how that ends up in a thread about mutiple shows. Let people who don't like it and people who like it have their's and keep it to them, the conflict potential is just too unhealty.

Agreed. We could continue to talk about this, but this already derails a thread where it's actually a big part of. I don't even want to imagine how that ends up in a thread about mutiple shows. Let people who don't like it and people who like it have their's and keep it to them, the conflict potential is just too unhealty.

Pretty much this. It's too much of a derail, and everything that needs to be said about it has been said.

Jigorath

Banned

Discussed to death? The finale only aired a few weeks ago. The whole Ollicity thing has been a major problem for a lot of people. I don't get why it annoys you that people complain about something they don't like for a show that they do enjoy. Going as far as to get the subject outlawed is very silly. Pointing out and talking about flaws is a good thing. Just like pointing out and talking about what the show does right is a good thing.

Discussed to death? The finale only aired a few weeks ago. The whole Ollicity thing has been a major problem for a lot of people. I don't get why it annoys you that people complain about something they don't like for a show that they do enjoy. Going as far as to get the subject outlawed is very silly. Pointing out and talking about flaws is a good thing. Just like pointing out and talking about what the show does right is a good thing.

Yes, but this particular flaw has been argued into the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom