• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let`s tweet EA regarding #NoDRM in Need for Speed.

Gamezone

Gold Member
EA is trying it yet again.

A few days ago their official Need for Speed channel on Twitter confirmed that the game would require you to be always online. You might think that the might be always online because for a good reason, but no. They also confirmed that you have to be always connected in order to enjoy a completely separate single player mode. They haven`t given us any good reason for it.

In my opinion it`s not about having a good connection or not. DRM for single player is very anti consumer. They can shut down the game you bought whenever they like, and you don`t own a thing. It might also be a way to force people into more microtransactions and DLC. They can also prevent used games.

I personally don`t care much about Need for Speed. What I do care about are games like Mass Effect, Star Wars and Dragon Ago. Do we want always online DRM in Mass Effect 4 or the next Dragon Age single player mode? If they get away with this, we might.

If you dont like this, I would kindly suggest that you tweet Peter Moore or Need for Speed on Twitter on this matter.

https://twitter.com/petermooreEA

McDougles

if you don't work at Ghost Games and insist Need For Speed could be updated to be offline, you literally don't know what you're talking about.

I don't think a Twitter campaign is suddenly going to make them realize always online isn't popular. I mean, they must have seen how many times people have complained already about this. Certainly with the whole Xbox One thing when it was announced and the change after from Microsoft. And SimCity from their own studios.

Have the full details about the online requirement been released yet?

I feel like ppl are grabbing the pitchforks too early

iMax

A few days ago their official Need for Speed channel on Twitter confirmed that the game would require you to be always online. You might think that the might be always online because for a good reason, but no.]

Where did they say it was about DRM? I thought their tweets said it was about enhancing the experience in a way they haven't spoken about yet? Perhaps we should wait until E3 before jumping on a bandwagon without the facts?

if you don't work at Ghost Games and insist Need For Speed could be updated to be offline, you literally don't know what you're talking about.

And yeah, there's this too.

edit: oh shit, i walked right into this one! But still, we don't know the facts yet.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Have the full details about the online requirement been released yet?

I feel like ppl are grabbing the pitchforks too early

Exactly what I was thinking. I'd like to know exactly what I'm complaining about before I complain.

dex3108

XS5LK.gif

Jedi2016

I can speak with something much louder than Twitter: my wallet.

People need to stop settling for shit like this. They bitch and they moan and they scream and they complain, and they buy the game anyway. What on earth can the publishers possibly learn from that? That they can keep doing what they're doing, and all the bitching in the world isn't affecting their bottom line.

iMax

I can speak with something much louder than Twitter: my wallet.

People need to stop settling for shit like this. They bitch and they moan and they scream and they complain, and they buy the game anyway. What on earth can the publishers possibly learn from that? That they can keep doing what they're doing, and all the bitching in the world isn't affecting their bottom line.

That reminds me of something.

18j48weujcgewjpg.jpg

SaganIsGOAT

Isn't this game going to be like the Division or Destiny and be filled with instances of match made players entering and exiting your world? God forbid a company wants to try to embrace online only as a means to accomplish their vision for a game's underlying mechanics. How shitty of them.

I won't be tweeting this garbage

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
They're probably going for a Destiny with cars sorta thing. Let them, we should encourage innovation.

Get Driveclub, Forza or Project Cars if you want a game that doesn't require online.

Haines

Banned
If it has DRM than the game was designed around it.

Don't be rediculous. If its not the game for you don't buy it.

McDougles

Isn't this game going to be like the Division or Destiny and be filled with instances of match made players entering and exiting your world? God forbid a company wants to try to embrace online only as a means to accomplish their vision for a game's underlying mechanics. How shitty of them.

I remember when Watch Dogs forced players to sign in for single player play...

Oh wait, that didn't happen.

Oh god, I'm praising Ubisoft for something that happened with Watch Dogs.

I won't be tweeting this garbage

They're probably going for a Destiny with cars sorta thing. Let them, we should encourage innovation.

Get Driveclub, Forza or Project Cars if you want a game that doesn't require online.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with this. Obviously we'll have to wait and see all the details but a single player campaign that implements online connected features doesn't really say DRM to me. I totally understand if some people are unhappy with the decision to require a connection but I don't see it as particularly underhanded or shady.

If you dont like this, I would kindly suggest that you tweet Peter Moore or Need for Speed on Twitter on this matter.

I have a better idea, how about informing all of your gamer friends about it then having everyone make their choice with their wallet.

I didn't buy Sim City, looks like I won't be purchasing the new NFS either.

iMax

Check their twitter account.

"online play allows friends to become part of the narrative experience. this is only possible through connected play".

Yeah, where are the specifics on this though? How are they part of the experience? Does it directly affect gameplay? Why is it impossible to play the game without this interconnected experience? If it isn't, then why is this requirement in place?

I remember when Watch Dogs forced players to sign in for single player play...

Oh wait, that didn't happen.

Oh god, I'm praising Ubisoft for something that happened with Watch Dogs.
It's OK man it's OK just as long as you go to the doc and get a shot you'll be fine. Unless you show symptoms of praising UPlay or buying Ubisoft DLC

jesu

Surely it would make sense to wait and see what reasons EA have for making it online only.

I'll be buying it anyway.

ViciousDS

Banned
I hope not.

"We wouldn't be able to deliver this seamless of co-op without a unified server structure and online servers.... All saves are updated as soon as something happens. Allowing you to jump in with friends immediately"

I can see it already

Top Bottom