• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

first ? Super robot wars DS scan

Khalid-S

i am not sure ist real or fake :

2_21839_803cf7bd660233d.jpg

found it here : http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/ruliboard/read.htm?table=game_nds&num=8607&main=nds

Mandoric

Banned
Headlining Big O, Gainer, Gravion, Jinki Extend, and Escaflowne? If that isn't fake, I'll eat my hat.

Edit: Also, the horizontal lines are WAY too exactly even for a breaking-news scan (or, at that size, most likely intended to be believed as a phone photo.)

Emotions

Beezy said:
Who cares? It's not like we'll ever get to play it anyway. :(

Why not? Atlus is bringing the 2 GBA Super Robot Wars stateside. If they do good, they will probably bring this one as well.

Jonnyram

I'm pretty sure the game is confirmed for the DS, but I can't help but think that "scan" is horribly fake. I have never seen such crap typesetting in Famitsu before (the main article bit and the text under the screenshots). Everything else is well faked though.

Beezy

Bebpo said:
Well DS is region-free :)

Just needs some Eureka Seven :D

I don't know Japanese. I really don't know why I haven't tried learning it. I watch so much goddamn anime.

Mandoric

Banned
Emotions said:
Why not? Atlus is bringing the 2 GBA Super Robot Wars stateside. If they do good, they will probably bring this one as well.

The two GBA iterations they're bringing don't have the huge all-entangling rights issues, as they use only in-house characters and mecha. Note that they haven't announced A, R, D, or J, all of which are also for the GBA but do feature licences.

Beezy

Emotions said:

Really? To Atlus, selling good is like 90K right? Everyone here better buy this game. :mad:

How'd they manage to get around all the legal shit?

Edit:

Mandoric said:
The two GBA iterations they're bringing don't have the huge all-entangling rights issues, as they use only in-house characters and mecha. Note that they haven't announced A, R, D, or J, all of which are also for the GBA but do feature licences.

Nevermind. :(

Emotions

Mandoric said:

Ahh, i knew about the lincense problems they had but i didn't know they were that bad. Too bad then , but at least we're getting some, better than nothing.

Mandoric

Banned
Emotions said:
Ahh, i knew about the lincense problems they had but i didn't know they were that bad. Too bad then , but at least we're getting some, better than nothing.

To put things into perspective, the right of two of the three mainstay series of SRW---including the only one that's NEVER missed an iteration, Mazinger---are tied up in deals dating back to the '70s with TV syndicators that may or may not exist in recognizable form anymore.

Even with a title like SRWJ that focuses on fewer, newer shows, you're looking at dealing with perhaps a dozen Japanese and possibly (depending on contract details) half a dozen American ones. And with the common inclusion of Macross nowadays, and Harmony Gold's habit of suit people who so much as resell imported Japanese toys and model kits...

mutsu

Wow, finally. My friend will be VERY happy about this, as this is like the only game he is waiting for on the DS.

TreIII

Sorry, but...this "snippet" was confirmed to be fake....months ago. We tore it to shreds on Super Robot Genesis (a SRW-oriented message board at www.srwg.org) quite a while back...

Danj

TreIII said:
Sorry, but...this "snippet" was confirmed to be fake....months ago. We tore it to shreds on Super Robot Genesis (a SRW-oriented message board at www.srwg.org) quite a while back...

Is that site invitation only or something? Because when I go there I get a page with a couple of links like Help, Search, Members etcera which all go to http://127.0.0.1/undefined - seems a bit broken.

TreIII

Ah, my mistake, it is a "members only" site. Not sure if registration is still open or not, but if it is, and you're a SRW fan, feel free to roll on in...

Any way, here's the gist of why the image is a fake (editted pic ripped straight from the same topic we disproved it, credit goes to "Chrissy"):

hoax.jpg

...And that should about kill this rumor for good...:)

Danj

TreIII said:
Ah, my mistake, it is a "members only" site. Not sure if registration is still open or not, but if it is, and you're a SRW fan, feel free to roll on in...

Ah, I see the problem, the website is just horribly broken in Opera. You might want to get somebody to have a look at that. It looks like it might be something to do with the thing that automatically hides the toolbar (with Help, Search, etcetera) for non-loggedin users.

EDIT: Also, the Rules page (which presumably says you're not allowed to use a Gmail address to register with, since it refused me when I tried it) isn't visible to non-loggedin users, which means that people trying to register get the vague error "Sorry, you are not permitted to use this board".

Top Bottom